PDA

View Full Version : Testing the new network

mashman
29th May 2009, 13:51
I've got this weekend to test out the new XT network for the phones at work. I'm also looking for an excuse to get the Prila out and take her for a leg stretch as she's been negelected recently.

My question: Anyone know of any guarenteed "normal" network black spots that i can hit?

Cheers

Hitcher
29th May 2009, 14:04
Anyone know of any guarenteed "normal" network black spots that i can hit?

Battle Hill Farm Forest Park on the Paekak Hill Road.

mashman
29th May 2009, 14:19
Battle Hill Farm Forest Park on the Paekak Hill Road.

Oooooo, cheers Hitch, i look forward to doing that one as I haven't been on that road since I had the suspension setup... mmmmm...

nosebleed
29th May 2009, 14:19
Hunua Gorge :shifty:

mashman
29th May 2009, 14:29
Hunua Gorge :shifty:

ha ha... now that i would love to do... doubt i'll get the green light to go that far over the weekend... Perhaps i shoulda stated around the Weeeeeellington area to stop any smart rsV pointing out where i can't go...

sosman
29th May 2009, 14:55
yep there's a blackspot on the downhill run(peak rd) to kaukapakapa where a Ginger cop hangs out! :lol:

Laxi
29th May 2009, 15:25
pretty much the whole of akatarawa rd:no:

jetboy
29th May 2009, 15:27
yes, Onewhero/Wairamarama ways. My olds live out there, it's a mint ride and no bloody reception in some parts....

madmal64
29th May 2009, 16:00
From about 70 Airle Rd onwards in Plimmerton to the top of the hill

Dave Lobster
29th May 2009, 17:37
Try holding a call from the city to Orewa without dropping it.

Anywhere just off of East Coast Road, down a hill a bit.

The basement of any concrete building.

Above the 8th or 9th floor in any building without an internal solution in the city.

Te Atatu peninsula, in one of the metal buildings.

Heaps more..

ynot slow
29th May 2009, 21:58
Between old Te Roti school and area known as highlands/lowlands going towards Eltham,travel time from welly 2&3/4 hour by prillia cycle.

YellowDog
29th May 2009, 22:22
I've got this weekend to test out the new XT network for the phones at work. I'm also looking for an excuse to get the Prila out and take her for a leg stretch as she's been negelected recently.

My question: Anyone know of any guarenteed "normal" network black spots that i can hit?

Cheers
You'd better record all of your call times and locations actefully.

The brain tumour surgeon may want them as part if his research.

OR you could just use a headset.

Good luck.

Beemer
30th May 2009, 10:55
Our place - sometimes! My calls go straight to the messaging service at times even when the phone is sitting right next to me! If I walk into the lounge they drop out at times too - and we live on top of a ridge!

If you come this weekend there are cinnamon rolls from the KB food thread!

kasper
30th May 2009, 16:34
the Tauranga to rotarua road has many blackspots on it.

--kasper

chester
30th May 2009, 22:52
the south island...........:bleh:

Laxi
30th May 2009, 23:02
the south island...........:bleh:

no, they have coverage down there! its just that they only just gut push buttons phones, cell phones are probably a few years off yet:dodge:

NighthawkNZ
31st May 2009, 00:18
no, they have coverage down there! its just that they only just gut push buttons phones, cell phones are probably a few years off yet:dodge:

Cell phones? i sold a fone da udder week... :bleh: Oh we only got street lights last week... and they say traffic lights will be next... I have no idea what they are but they sound like a big brother control device...

vindy500
31st May 2009, 00:36
fishermans table at paekok

madmal64
7th June 2009, 12:12
So how is the testing going?
Is it time to change from ye olde network or is there still lots of crap to sort out?

BMWST?
7th June 2009, 12:24
some areas of Moonshine hill road literally only 50 m apart dont give 027 coverage.Ie the tag spot did,but 30m down the road( the 15km hr sign) didnt

MattRSK
7th June 2009, 12:27
Please try it in the Mt. Vic tunnel!

Dave Lobster
7th June 2009, 14:21
some areas of Moonshine hill road literally only 50 m apart dont give 027 coverage.Ie the tag spot did,but 30m down the road( the 15km hr sign) didnt

That's easy to fix for moving traffic. Just a parameter to change on the site.

scracha
25th June 2009, 13:10
Bugger all XT broadband coverage here. Their "if you can make a voice call, you can get XT broadband" line is complete $hite.

Next to zero coverage on Vodafone either. Both networks tell us the coverage here should be good. I think my neighbour and I are in some sort of mobile phone blackspot. Very strange as there's a whopping great tower on the top of Mt Te Aroha.

Slicksta
25th June 2009, 21:26
Bugger all XT broadband coverage here. Their "if you can make a voice call, you can get XT broadband" line is complete $hite.

Next to zero coverage on Vodafone either. Both networks tell us the coverage here should be good. I think my neighbour and I are in some sort of mobile phone blackspot. Very strange as there's a whopping great tower on the top of Mt Te Aroha.

It depends on how they aim the antennas 850mhz is still very directional

I been doing abit of XT testing myself 3g coverage everywhere better reception in the places i have tested than CDMA and vodafones network I can also make voip calls for cheap :)

scracha
26th June 2009, 08:21
It depends on how they aim the antennas 850mhz is still very directional

I been doing abit of XT testing myself 3g coverage everywhere better reception in the places i have tested than CDMA and vodafones network I can also make voip calls for cheap :)
Did they change the CDMA transmitters when they added the 3G bits? The Telecom coverage used to be OK here but now my Telecom mobile is dropping calls all the time. I used to get 1 or 2 bars on vodyfone, now I get fark all. I'm seriously not impressed, especially considering what I have to spend on telephone calls every month.