PDA

View Full Version : Ardmore Auto Rentals - Opinions?

Interceptor
29th May 2009, 16:58
A friend visiting from the USA is considering a leasing a bike from Aardmore Auto Rentals. Odd name for a business that appears to only lease bikes. Web site address URL does not match name either.

Anyone have any experience/opinions with leasing a bike from these guys?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ducatihire.co.nz/motorcycles.shtml

YellowDog
29th May 2009, 17:05
Good selection of bikes. Never heard of them though. The excess looks a bit on the high side, but I guess that must be the going rate?

If you have the bike and it works OK, then there is not much else to worry about.

Motu
29th May 2009, 17:30
There was a recent thread on ADVrider where some people hired some bikes from them.They weren't too happy to get DR650's,but they were happy with the efforts and support from the young couple who own the company.

Interceptor
30th May 2009, 11:58
Thanks YellowDog and Motu, I will pass on your comments.

Crisis management
31st May 2009, 09:05
I met the Aussie guys from Adv rider that hired the bikes from Ardmore rentals and they were more than happy with the service. The company bought a bike to make sure they could supply three identical bikes plus fitted long range tanks to all of them, they went well out of their way to make it work.
Ardmore rentals has been around for a while and I've never heard anything bad about them, well worth a try.

Interceptor
1st June 2009, 18:04
Thanks for your comments. Starting to sound like these guys just may be an option for my friend.

Cheers.