PDA

View Full Version : Highlander drops a couple of cylinders...

Highlander
30th May 2009, 10:40
Those of you who have ridden with me know its not like I need 4 anyway. So now I have only 2.
Father Birthday came early this year, and left me one of those flat twin (180 degree V ?) German thingies.
Apparently they are for Old Men (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=97543) so I guess I'll go back to my rocking chair on the porch now.

Reluctantly the CB will be for sale shortly to create a gap in the garage and close the gap in the finances (a little).

Skunk
30th May 2009, 10:54
Nice. I had a test ride (400kms in the wet) on the ABS model when they first came out. Quite impressed I was - as a touring machine. You should have fun with that.

banditrider
30th May 2009, 10:55
Not that big a fan myself (well didn't like my old man's GS) but it does look very nice! I'm picking we'll see it on the next Southern X!

Hope the weather behaves and you can get out and enjoy it!:2thumbsup

Taz
30th May 2009, 11:18
Now if it had been a gs it would have been perfect......

Highlander
30th May 2009, 12:06
I'm picking we'll see it on the next Southern X!

Hope the weather behaves and you can get out and enjoy it!:2thumbsup

Both of those sound like a plan :niceone:

Nice. I had a test ride (400kms in the wet) on the ABS model when they first came out. Quite impressed I was - as a touring machine. You should have fun with that.

Cheers Skunk, I took it for a couple of hour test ride and was hooked by half way through. When I dropped it off and got back on the CB it just felt all wrong.

Never been a fan of BMW looks, but think this is the best looking one they made (prettiest pig in the pen so to speak), then I rode one. Didn't take long to make the decision.

Ralph
30th May 2009, 19:01
Excellent mate, that's got you written all over it. Nice looking bike.
Congratulations :niceone:

Highlander
1st June 2009, 08:11
... that's got you written all over it ...

Pretty much exactly what I was looking for in my list of what I wanted in my next my bike.
Hadn't really considered BMW and didn't even have them on the list until this one appeared, took a while to decide I should at least ride it. Once I did the decision was made. Just feels so right.

YellowDog
1st June 2009, 08:26
Nice one.

Love the colour.

It's the higher riding position that does it for me. You can see further ahead and feel more in control; though this could just be an age thing :)

Highlander
6th June 2009, 05:26
Nice one.

Love the colour.

It's the higher riding position that does it for me. You can see further ahead and feel more in control; though this could just be an age thing :)

The CB I have been riding the last four years is pretty upright, I figured I'd go for something with a bit (but not too much) lean forward while I am still flexible enough to be able to reach the handle bars.

And the colour is awesome.

Highlander
17th June 2009, 15:12
The CB has got to go, so was listed on Trade Me a few minutes ago :cry:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Tourers/auction-224983256.htm

Highlander
12th July 2009, 12:18
CB sold.
Now I'm allowed to ride the BMW :clap: as opposed to sneaking it out when no one is looking.

vifferman
12th July 2009, 12:21
Good stuff! Congrats on the sale.