PDA

View Full Version : DRZ stolen. Again. (Wellington, 31 May)

denefoster
31st May 2009, 14:44
My 02 DR-Z400E was stolen again last night, sometime between 3am, and 11am from Mt Victoria in Wellington.

It's pretty distinctive from last time it was stolen.. all the decals ripped off and semi-covered in creamy house paint. Looks like a giant banana boat. All yellow plastics.

Aftermarket tail light and indicators, spaghetti home wiring, and lame-o golden boy tires, plastic 9 stuck on the left side of the tank. Stock exhaust with a hole near the rear-side frame mount. Trailtech vapor speedo/tach. It is pretty easy to spot amongst other DRZs.

If people don't mind keeping an eye out.. and possibly clubbing anyone they see riding it I'd be much indebted.

/dane

Blackshear
31st May 2009, 15:03
Good luck mate :Pokey:

I'll keep an eye out up here, even though I don't get out of the house much.
Keep a box section steel bar on you, just in case.

6ft5
31st May 2009, 15:06
Sorry to hear mate, will keep an eye out for you here in WellyWood

skidMark
31st May 2009, 15:33
Fucksake, again! will keep eyes peeled up here but doubt i will come across it...

maybe you need to get a ground anchor or something dude

Timber020
31st May 2009, 17:47
Fucksake, again! will keep eyes peeled up here but doubt i will come across it...

maybe you need to get a ground anchor or something dude

or chain it to a life size cut out of sue bradford. Actually dont, it might get picked up by the dog ranger

HungusMaximist
1st June 2009, 09:10
Perhaps post up the rego and photos of the bike

scumdog
1st June 2009, 09:21
Probably the same theivin' cretin - (or one of his lackwit mates)- that took it last time.

denefoster
1st June 2009, 15:23
Perhaps post up the rego and photos of the bike

Sorry, had to wait until I was in the office.. apparently the only picture I've got post-previous theft is a crappy 4x6 printout.

Attached here (err, it's the one on the right):

denefoster
1st June 2009, 15:26
They did however leave the SO's BGAB (Big Gay Adventure Bike!) behind.. so I can at least scoot around town on that and look stylish at the same time.

_intense_
1st June 2009, 22:21
Dude, wtf is with people WHO FUCK WITH OTHER PEOPLES SHIT?? It wont be a clubbing it'll be a full on assualt. Good luck. :2guns:

Eddieb
1st June 2009, 22:29
They did however leave the SO's BGAB (Big Gay Adventure Bike!) behind.. so I can at least scoot around town on that and look stylish at the same time.

Is the BGAB a KLE400 or 500? Hows it go?

denefoster
1st June 2009, 23:24
Is the BGAB a KLE400 or 500? Hows it go?

It's a KLE 250 (1992), wee little parallel twin. Goes alright, once you spool it up. Like there's more flywheel than engine. Will do 150 on the motorway two up and is infinitely more comfortable than the DRZ was on long trips. Will also go through the surf, sand and gravel alright.. ground clearance is a bit of an issue though. All in all a pretty fun bike.

Bend-it
2nd June 2009, 14:21
If people don't mind keeping an eye out.. and possibly clubbing anyone they see riding it I'd be much indebted.

/dane

Best you update us when you get it back eh? Wouldn't want to get clubbed AFTER you get it back... :)