PDA

View Full Version : Boy racers

cheshirecat
31st May 2009, 15:46
Recently I was going up Kent Terrace Wtn one night when a BR overtook. I drew up alongside at the next reds. I used enough acceleration to leave him at the lights but back right off keeping reasonably within the law and dropped left in to the Basin Reserve in the middle lane. Much to my surprise this BR overtook on the outside, real close - he must have been pushing it. Now it's been raining and just drying up, plus all sorts of things like it's a blind corner, cold tyres, pedestrians, police, diesel potential, too old, close to my safety wedge, etc so I let him through and then we peeled off, him through the tunnel and me up Ad road keeping very legal.

Next incident. I'm going round the bays and through the airport following another BR. We kept it real legal but through but those mini roundabouts I notice he pushes it a bit. I overtake by coming into the airport system but again he waits until those right angled corners and small roundabouts, trying to close up. I might add all this is a bit gentlified. keeping within the road code and 10% of of the speed limit. It's more of a psychological game.

Thus is interesting. These BR's keep within a tolerable speed overage, ie no more than 60ish in a 50 kph limit but know the weak/strong points on a bike compared to a car. They won't challenge straight line acceleration but will the right angled corners. It's as if they have developed a strategy for dealing with us.

Now I'm way past the age having used up all my nine lives for this sort of stuff, so I now back off and become boringly mature etc, BUT - Bikes should still Rule over any tarted up cage.

Experiences anyone?

Mikkel
31st May 2009, 15:58
The main performance advantage of bikes compared cars is power-to-weight. To get a four wheeler with a power-to-weight ratio comparable to that of a bike costs a lot of money.

Braking and cornering - cars are generally superior given the same level of skill in the rider and driver. And of course, if you do go past the limit the consequences are much worse on a bike - less chance of recovering as well. On the public street the one with the bigger balls will win - unless they take it too far.

Blackshear
31st May 2009, 16:14
Only really 'raced' three times.
Once with a mate in a '93 integra, we both knew the roads reasonably well, very quiet area etc. I only won out of the corners and what not.
Last one was a traffic light race. Some poncy guy in a poor mans godzilla giving the engine the full keybaord. Light goes green, smoked that fucker off till about 120, when I buttoned off and he was only half a second behind as I did so.

Not really keen on the whole racing the streets thing, I know myself too well. I'll cut things real close, real close.

Indiana_Jones
31st May 2009, 16:20
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/64VpK_epy_o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/64VpK_epy_o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-Indy

LaytonNZ
31st May 2009, 17:31
A few times off the lights, once on a passing lane..

varminter
31st May 2009, 19:36
I've had a couple of boy racers try to start a race, I can't be arsed. I also often find if I take off fairly fast at the lights a car will apparently race me, vrooom off they go up the road at a rate of knots, more not arsed. I usually wear a tinted visor so no one knows there's an old fart inside.:bleh:

Slyer
31st May 2009, 19:41
-Indy
love the spinning signs...

ManDownUnder
31st May 2009, 19:44
Yup - don't take 'em on on their terms. BR's have one additional (and substantial) advantage... they can't fall off...

Mom
31st May 2009, 19:46

They also have exceptionally small penises :yes:

98tls
31st May 2009, 19:52
Just watching a bit on TV about these young guys,chick doing an interview with one asks "what about the dangers to other road users" pimple faced one replys "naaa the diesal we pour all over the roads not going to affect anyone" or similar.:doh:Retard.

wbks
31st May 2009, 19:58
Why don't some of you southern shooters bunk down on a corner around one of those meets and start sniping radiators?

98tls
31st May 2009, 20:02
Why don't some of you southern shooters bumk down on a corner around one of those meets and start sniping radiators? Not a bad idea methinks,trouble is i figure my 30-06 round wouldnt stop at the radiator,could probably demolish the car with a 5 shot mag.:niceone:

chanceyy
31st May 2009, 20:03
Just watching a bit on TV about these young guys,chick doing an interview with one asks "what about the dangers to other road users" pimple faced one replys "naaa the diesal we pour all over the roads not going to affect anyone" or similar.:doh:Retard.

What a total dickhead alright .. reckon we should flood emails through with why diesel is so damn dangerous to motorcylists .. not that the pimple faced one will give a damn .... wanted to wipe his smug smile off his face

98tls
31st May 2009, 20:09
What a total dickhead alright .. reckon we should flood emails through with why diesel is so damn dangerous to motorcylists .. not that the pimple faced one will give a damn .... wanted to wipe his smug smile off his face :niceone:Not a bad idea,can anyone come up with an email addy to do such a thing.

Maha
31st May 2009, 20:12
What a total dickhead alright .. reckon we should flood emails through with why diesel is so damn dangerous to motorcylists .. not that the pimple faced one will give a damn .... wanted to wipe his smug smile off his face

Wasn't that a head shaker?
Diesel/Oil on the Port Hills rd.
But like he said, they dont give other road users a second thought.
They pay taxes, so the council can clean it up.

chanceyy
31st May 2009, 20:15
should be on at the end .. & the current story re child abuse .. I am :gob: smacked and want to vomit ..

Edit: email address is sunday@tvnz.co.nz

ynot slow
31st May 2009, 20:34
And the best quote,"we don't put liquid on corners,straights only",Janet McIntyres reply really hard to stop starting with fuck off "it was a crossroad".

98tls
31st May 2009, 20:37
should be on at the end .. & the current story re child abuse .. I am :gob: smacked and want to vomit ..

Edit: email address is sunday@tvnz.co.nz Cheers for that girl,will tap one off tommorow.

McWild
31st May 2009, 20:56
Pouring diesel on the roads has to be the ultimate wank factor.

If your vehicle can't spin its wheels without a slippery surface underneath it, then it's not a performance vehicle. It's average, deal with it and stop pretending.

ducatilover
31st May 2009, 21:01

If your vehicle can't spin its wheels without a slippery surface underneath it, then it's not a performance vehicle. It's average, deal with it and stop pretending.

My work car will do superbly gay skids and thats a 1600 ae101 corrolla :msn-wink:

McWild
31st May 2009, 21:10
My work car will do superbly gay skids and thats a 1600 ae101 corrolla :msn-wink:

Then why are you on KB? There are boy racers to be impressed!

Go! Go into the night!!!

ducatilover
31st May 2009, 21:15
Then why are you on KB? There are boy racers to be impressed!

Go! Go into the night!!!

It's not cool cos I haven;t cut the springs ow and choped the exhaust up bay :msn-wink:

Squiggles
31st May 2009, 21:17

My thoughts exactly...

McWild
31st May 2009, 21:23
It's not cool cos I haven;t cut the springs ow and choped the exhaust up bay :msn-wink:

Haha true because we all know the secret to performance is mutilating factory parts and seeing what happens! :doh:

Robert Taylor
1st June 2009, 11:21

Im all for Judith Collins crusade to crush boy racers cars but she has left out one important detail, ''inclusive of the occupants''.
But seriously, crush their cars and send them off to a brutal boot camp to knock the cockiness out of them.

cheshirecat
1st June 2009, 11:33
What struck me was that it seemed calculated (the waiting for the right angled corner bits).
Is there any one in the loop who knows if BR's are talking about how to tackle bikes?

gatch
1st June 2009, 15:50
See if they stick nice and close when you accidently start losing old spark plugs over your shoulder..

more_fasterer
1st June 2009, 20:15
What struck me was that it seemed calculated (the waiting for the right angled corner bits).
Is there any one in the loop who knows if BR's are talking about how to tackle bikes?

Maybe the driver wasn't the stereotypical meathead that Sunday chose to interview (cos it wouldn't make good TV). Maybe the driver actually knew how to drive, yet didn't want to get pinged for a pointless speeding offence and just possibly chooses to thrash the tits off his car on the track.

I bet your opinion of him would've been different if he was driving a V8 falcodore...

_intense_
1st June 2009, 22:29
its not so much the BRs who are laughable (imo) as most of them know the physics of bike v car in terms of quickness. Its the suits in brand new ss commodores, audies, (and even a very nice new porsche penis extension) who i find are even more pushie, and will gos so far as to be a lot more dangerous when "having a play" with a bike. meh.
cant wait till all the petrol dries up. then there wont be ANY f***wits on the roads -and i'll have a shiney black 160kg honda ornament on my mantelpiece

//rant over.

Gareth51
1st June 2009, 23:33
Maybe the driver wasn't the stereotypical meathead that Sunday chose to interview (cos it wouldn't make good TV). Maybe the driver actually knew how to drive, yet didn't want to get pinged for a pointless speeding offence and just possibly chooses to thrash the tits off his car on the track.

I bet your opinion of him would've been different if he was driving a V8 falcodore...

Just like there are are good bikers and bad bikers
THERE ARE GOOD BOY RACERS AND BAD BOY RACERS

chap
2nd June 2009, 00:56

Retard is right. Down syndrome lookin dribbly fat fuck springs to mind also. How bout all you chch KBers keep a big nut fucker down ya jacket and beat the cunt on sight before the diesel slicks get ya. :chase:

MarkH
2nd June 2009, 10:57
Thus is interesting. These BR's keep within a tolerable speed overage, ie no more than 60ish in a 50 kph limit but know the weak/strong points on a bike compared to a car. They won't challenge straight line acceleration but will the right angled corners. It's as if they have developed a strategy for dealing with us.

Experiences anyone?

Reminds me of when I went down to the SI last November. I was wanting to avoid the 'riding/driving too fast tax' and keeping to within 10kph of the limit. Sometimes I car would overtake on a straight - I cruised along and waited till they got stuck behind a truck and used my narrow vehicle advantage to cruise on by while they waited for a good overtaking opportunity.

Bikes are narrow and have good acceleration - perfect for lane splitting and for overtaking easily. If some boy racer can go around a corner a bit quicker it is no biggie, there is a greater advantage to being able to get past the slow cars more quickly (they CAN hold you up much more than taking a second longer to go through a corner).

I don't think boy racers need to be discussing how to beat bikes for one semi-skilled boy racer to realise that his car can corner really hard and out perform almost every other vehicle on the road with him (including bikes). For real high performance car modding you would aim for fantastic acceleration and braking and even more importantly the ability to pull 1G while cornering. Most boy racers don't do that, they add LEDs and a powerful stereo instead.

I recently lane split at a set of lights, then took off ahead of the cars. A Nissan Skyline (I think) BR car behind me changed lanes and pulled up beside me at the next lights (80kph zone up ahead). When the lights went green I could hear their car beside me - it sounded like they were trying hard and working it through the gears, then the sound beside me became a sound behind me - they couldn't keep up! Talk about shitty performance - I am riding a scooter FFS!!!! I would think that if their BR car actually had high performance they could have pulled past me pretty easily - all show & no go obviously.

Bend-it
2nd June 2009, 11:45
Like this??

http://gprime.net/video.php/goped

:D

greenman
2nd June 2009, 11:58
The best way to wind them up is to just take off slow and then lane split up to them at the next set of lights.
Works every time.
Especially when they stall it off the line.