PDA

View Full Version : Thanks mr traffic cop

FROSTY
19th March 2005, 15:25
A motorcyclist was riding down a 2 lane road minding his own beeswax recently.A cage driver thought it would be fun to follow so close the biker couldn't see his front grill.
Biker thinks F this so pulls over -cager follows. This goes on for about 2km.
Biker is getting a tadd concerned.
Heading onto a motorway onramp with cage still up his heiney biker winds the throttle on till he is in the 35 point type speed range. Headlights have faded into the distance.He settles back to the speed limit
Looking into the mirror he sees the headlights comeing up on him pretty fast.
Thinking this is rediculous he winds the throttle on again and heads on up into -go to jail loose licence looose bike type speed
Lights fade away backwards but rapidly get crowned by the deadly disco lights. FUCK
He pulls over and waits.
"going a tadd fast weren't ya laddie ?" says the traffic cop
Biker explains what happened. -Traffic cop laughs and says --yea we pulled him over a couple of klicks back--hes getting done for dangerous driving.
Now slow down and have a nice day
Cop climbes back into car and heads off

Thank you dude whoever ya are !!!!!!!!!

NC
19th March 2005, 15:28
:wari:

:Police: :D

sAsLEX
19th March 2005, 15:34
fark I would of been out of there as well, I had to rely on FF the other day to remind our friend on 22 to behave.

Sounds as though you got a good cop!

bugjuice
19th March 2005, 15:36
wow, bit of luck there.. if they hadn't have pulled the guy a little earlier, then would the nice copper believe you as much..??

I got a reduced ticket once, cos I was light hearted and made the copper laugh.. he did write 180, but then scrubbed it to 120.. still had to pay it tho :(

I'll remember this for next time!

zooter
19th March 2005, 16:37
WINJA take note!
So how fast were you actually going when the red and blues got your attention?

StoneChucker
19th March 2005, 16:45
I don't think there is any hope for Winja. If he ever gets pulled over, the type of thing that is caught on home-video would transpire. ("Winja" King)

Thats good luck there mate. Besides, I don't think there are many cops who WOULD ticket you after what happened (obviously only if they knew about it)

Bugjuice, I have an exact replica of your story. That time on my way to Napier/Taupo (even got a pic of it :P). Cops are all good imho. If you don't ride ludicrously, they're pretty leniant.

bugjuice
19th March 2005, 17:06
Bugjuice, I have an exact replica of your story. That time on my way to Napier/Taupo (even got a pic of it :P). Cops are all good imho. If you don't ride ludicrously, they're pretty leniant.
yeah, reckon.. They're human too, just doing a job.. My ticket was for doin 68 in a 50 in the car, but that was built up speed for coasting down a hill for 20 seconds, after trying to pass some old biddy doing 30kph for the last 10 mins.. He stopped me and said "Why so fast?" I said I was in a good mood, music goin, window down, just heading to the airport, and the biddy was making me late! Just being light about it, he was good, but just doin his job..

inlinefour
19th March 2005, 17:09
Yea, there are some blardy good ones out there. :niceone:

Biff
19th March 2005, 17:17
Good to hear that story XJ.
I guess if you were in the mood for a rumble you could also press charges against him, or at least act as a witness to the fkin cage's actions. You're still shaking aren't you? Can't go near your bike? That's psychological trauma that is my friend. $$$$$$$$$$

FROSTY
19th March 2005, 17:30
Due to the extreme speeds involved I cannot either confirn or deny I am refering to myself here.
The conversation with the officer made it clear a patrol unit had been following said cager for a little while.
A couple of other little comments suggested that the cop maybee a biker.
Um actually the bikers opening line to the cop was on Hindsite a classic.
"ohh jeysus mate god honest truth -I thought you were a fuckwit"
Hmm perhaps not the best thing to a bloke with your licence in his hand.

zeRax
19th March 2005, 18:50
:o

omg biff baff your avatar ;(

Redstar
19th March 2005, 18:53
you got me thinking there seems to be times when we get away with stuff that would resonably be considered a fair cop. and other times when a mr minors results in a fat fine (usually I get the latter) over the years I have learnt a few things here under.
1. Stop
2. remove Helmet
3. recognise Rank if its a Sargent address so if above that Sir
4. don't argue initially
5. Listen
6. Show remorse
7. Give a credible reason if you have one?
8. Know of other difficency like expired warrent or rego uncarried licence
(bargaining points) they hate perfection and this gives a chance of a lesser fine option. If they are all in order dont boast.
9. Perfect driving record counts for nothing stow it
9A and what about that Porshe...forget it...
10. Listen intently to advice and agree with it.
11. Grovel
12. Dont assume female officers will be charmed by the bulge in your Technics
they wont! and anyway they might be a dyke!

Ticket being written

Way up cost???

Now tell um what you really feel its important not to hold stress and you need to vent it. But still avoid any offensive stuff cause thats bringing you into a new set of offences.

It used to work for me in the past but lately its really a matter of process

erik
19th March 2005, 21:13

:killingme

Nice one Frosty :niceone:

Biff
19th March 2005, 23:26
:o

omg biff baff your avatar ;(

What ? It's a bear dancing and a fox having a drink. :yeah:

If you see anything else in it you need some help. :doctor:

Velox
20th March 2005, 00:16
Cops are all good imho. If you don't ride ludicrously, they're pretty leniant.
:lol: :laugh:

Pixie
20th March 2005, 01:30
I got stopped for 119 the cop asked if I had just passed the truck,I didn't recall any truck(boring straight at ruakaka)Then I realised he was giving me an excuse!He let me off with a warning.
Maybe his quota was full.

DEATH_INC.
20th March 2005, 08:46
I got stopped for 119 the cop asked if I had just passed the truck,I didn't recall any truck(boring straight at ruakaka)Then I realised he was giving me an excuse!He let me off with a warning.
Maybe his quota was full.
Good stuff :niceone: :Police:
Good to see this still happens occasionally,I was beginning to have my doubts...

Wolf
20th March 2005, 09:11
Maybe not, but it was probably that spontaneous outburst that proved to the cop that y-ahh-the biker was telling the truth.

Great cop, sounds like he appreciates the natural reaction to someone behaving like that arsehole cager.

I've been tailgated in that fashion once - terrified the shit outta me. Unfortunately I was not on a bike capable of the "lose licence" category of speed. Having almost a ton of cage up ya freckle does a lot of medicinal good - can cure constipation or diarrhoea as necessary.

If the cop's lurking here: good on ya mate.

Great story, Frosty

FROSTY
20th March 2005, 12:00
Ya know what thinking about it maybee my attititude has changed or maybee the cops on highway patrol are more mature than the old days when HP was a duty ya had to do before becoming a "real" cop
Either way any tickets i've had in the past few years (very few thank gosh)
have all been fair cop.
I don't even think Ive had a rego/wof check done.

2_SL0
20th March 2005, 17:11

LMAO, nice. :2thumbsup

2_SL0
20th March 2005, 17:16
12. Dont assume female officers will be charmed by the bulge in your Technics

Hey, I have Dolby Digital, DTS and a 5.1 Technics Im sure she be impressed, not sure how to fit it down me pants??

Lucyloo
20th March 2005, 23:06
Hey, I have Dolby Digital, DTS and a 5.1 Technics Im sure she be impressed, not sure how to fit it down me pants??

It would impress the hell out of me....shame I'm not a cop!

madboy
20th March 2005, 23:39
Every now and then it's good to strike a good one - restores your faith in the system. The last one who gave me a ticket was pretty cool about it... but the last one who said he was posting me a ticket (who never did) was a complete plonker about it. I choose to forget him.

FROSTY
21st March 2005, 09:25
If I diddn't know better I'da sworn he actually ENJOYED the chase. Ohh thats right they aint allowed to enjoy emselves :spudwhat:

strayjuliet
21st March 2005, 09:47
If the cop's lurking here: good on ya mate.

If the cop is lurking here I think we had better hope he don't see frosty's sig, or he might have second thoughts about not giving him a ticket. I have to agree thou, good on ya mate. :niceone: Frosty you were lucky. I have met some real beeps of cops but then ive also met some real good guys and gals for that matter. Once again way to go dude :2thumbsup

babyB
21st March 2005, 09:54
your a lucky lad good 1 xj. things are changin

NEVER SAY TO A COP
1. Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a
warning, too!
2. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in
3. Aren' t you the guy from the Village People?
4. Hey, you must've been doin' about 200 k's to keep up with me. Good
job!
5. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer
6. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer
7. I pay your salary!
8. 9. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does
10. When the Officer says "Gee ..Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?" You probably shouldn't respond with,"Gee Officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?"

Wolf
21st March 2005, 11:36
Still pretty tame compared with Frosty's line, babyB.

How's this for an exchange:

Dramatis Personae:
Me, the narrator/protagonist, on foot at dusk
Rookie cop, antagonist, passenger in car
Older cop, nursemaid for rookie, driver of car.

Clearly marked police car pulls up at curb.

Rookie (snapping): You! Come here!
Me (approaching car): Yes officer, how may I help you?
Rookie (still snapping): What's your name?
(I politely give my name)
Rookie (still snapping): Where do you live?
(I politely give address)
Rookie (still snapping): Where have you been?
(I politely tell him and note the older cop is glaring at the rookie, looking sterner and sterner. Rookie is oblivious as his back is to the older cop.)
Rookie (still snapping): Where're you going?
Me (still polite despite the fact that the rookie is an arrogant prick): Home.
Rookie (still snapping):Ever been in trouble with us before?
Me (furious but still polite): No.
Rookie (scornfully): Fuckin' goody-good are ya?
(Older cop's eyes bulge but he maintains silence)
Me (thoroughly had a gut-full by now): Nah, you bastards just haven't been smart enough to catch me yet.
(Rookie's eyes bulge, mouth flaps aimlessly)
(Older cop's jaw drops, changes to grin then gets serious - all in under a second)
Older cop (pointedly): I think we have detained this gentleman long enough. (To me) Good evening, sir. (Engages gears and pulls away)

I suspect the Rookie had his ears thoroughly infested with fleas once they were out of my earshot.

Good 'uns and bad 'uns.

I don't mind the police most the time - generally haven't had much problem with them and they've generally been pretty good.

Ghost Lemur
21st March 2005, 15:04

How's this for an exchange...

Bahahahaha :killingme

BNZ
21st March 2005, 15:25
Hahaha, yeah ive had some good run-ins. Even got this guy to put on some real american-cop aviators for us! I think he stole my glasses though :angry2:

Coldkiwi
21st March 2005, 17:44
the other way of dealing with moron cagers who want to mate with ya bikes rear end is to find some traffic and lane split away. I had a pillock right up my backside in some honda on Friday arvo heading out of the South eastern arterial after I pulled out of the Carbine Rd lights. For no reason at all, he parks himself right on my tail as we approach two lanes of stopped traffic at 70kmhr so I thought the best thing was to just slow enough to line up the gap between cars and carry on!
(oh yes and there was something about a hand gesture too, but I couldn't possibly comment! )

babyB
21st March 2005, 17:47
yes it is...but i wasnt competing with him....hes one of a kind

FROSTY
23rd March 2005, 12:22
the other way of dealing with moron cagers who want to mate with ya bikes rear end is to find some traffic and lane split away. I had a pillock right up my backside in some honda on Friday arvo heading out of the South eastern arterial after I pulled out of the Carbine Rd lights. For no reason at all, he parks himself right on my tail as we approach two lanes of stopped traffic at 70kmhr so I thought the best thing was to just slow enough to line up the gap between cars and carry on!
(oh yes and there was something about a hand gesture too, but I couldn't possibly comment! )
Im sure the biker concerned woulda done that if there was enuff traffic around :spudwhat: