PDA

View Full Version : What's the consensus?

Staticam
4th June 2009, 22:18
I have a gold ‘74 Yamaha DT100A with 3,400mls on the clock in what I would call good but time worn condition (original tyres and all). First off, is it a classic (or should I be in the Off Road forum)?

Should I restore - and by that I mean tart up (I haven’t the resources for a full on rebuild) or leave it alone in all its crusty glory?

The registration has lapsed :( and the forks need repairing or replacing (the chrome is shot). Can anyone help with the later?

See my profile for a couple of small views of it. If desired I can post some better pic’s in an album.

Motu
4th June 2009, 23:01
Looks all there and in good condition,and easy do up.If it was a 125 or 175 I'd say it's a keeper....but a 100 is a bit borderline.

Staticam
14th June 2009, 23:08
Looks all there and in good condition,and easy do up.If it was a 125 or 175 I'd say it's a keeper....but a 100 is a bit borderline.

Thanks Motu, A consensus of one ... we're both sitting on the fence. Any ideas for the forks? What do you reckon should be done to do it up?

hayd3n
14th June 2009, 23:18
starting my dt125 project tomorrow with a bunch of others
100 bux
originally thought it was a 175 but the numbers dont ad up
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=100550&highlight=dt175
projects fun no matter what they are

Dodgyiti
15th June 2009, 07:46
Every time you do up a bike you gain insight and knowlege to assist in future ventures.
A nice easy simple single and following the adage of "You better like it because your not going to make a profit" then why not?