PDA

View Full Version : Weather on the Rimutaka Hill???

Slingshot
20th March 2005, 10:37
Does anyone know what the weather on the Rimutaka Hill is like at the moment?

I'm thinking of going for a ride in an hour or so, but we're in thick fog in Newlands at the moment so can tell what the weather's like.

Slingshot
20th March 2005, 10:54
OK, the fog has just lifted...if anyone wants to come out for a ride in a hour or so, you're more than welcome.

James Deuce
20th March 2005, 11:17
Meet at Caltex?

Slingshot
20th March 2005, 11:24
Sounds good...when? I'm ready now.

Slingshot
20th March 2005, 11:37
OK, I'm heading off now, I'll be at the Caltex in about 25 minutes ish.

StoneChucker
20th March 2005, 13:16
It was pissing down here (Upper Hutt) not too long ago. It's stopped now, but I must still get ready. So, in about 45 mins I'll be leaving if anyone else is leaving.

I did manage to watch all 3 Terminator movies, starting at 7:25am, just finished :done: (You are driven to terrible things when the rain comes).

See you fellah's later.

jimbo600
20th March 2005, 17:07
Manages to finish work about 12:30 and jumped on the bike. Taka's were still wet at about 1:30ish. I was however by far the quickest up there though.......probably because I was on my own. Met up with Mikey at the top and had a chinwag and promptly fucked off back down the hill again. Pretty crap actually apart from meeting mikey. Good to see you out mate.

James Deuce
20th March 2005, 17:12
Wainui coast rd was clear, dry, warm, and without wind.

Made screaming noises, then had a Mr Whippy ice cream on the Petone Esplanade.

Blakamin
20th March 2005, 17:21
It was pissing down here (Upper Hutt) not too long ago.
wow... sunny as farq here... too hot to sleep... another night-shift night-mare tonight..... grrr.... cant even ride coz lack of sleep sucks.... (went back to bed Jim, and laid there for 2 hours... finished a good book tho) :angry2: :brick:

StoneChucker
20th March 2005, 17:42
Blakamin, I was going to give you a text to see if I should pop in and say :spudwave:

Went past Caltex (saw two bikes stopped, but didn't recognise them and didn't feel very chatty:() so carried on to the top of the hill. Saw more bike but by this stage didn't feel like chatting so carried on to Martinborough. Noone at the Fish, so returned the back road to Greytown, and back to Featherston. Over the hill, stop for gas and home. I must say, a pretty crap ride by normal standards.

There was an accident (appeared to be a single cager error) just past the summit of the Taka's (Featherston side), with fire truck and two cop cars in attendance. They were spraying foamy shit over the road, obviously to wash away the oily shit. Got heaps of warning about a mufti cop between Featherston and M'borough. Wouldn't have mattered much, since I was riding at 100 all the way. I felt really weird, almost dizzy or light headed the whole ride. Made the taka's corners hell... I didn't even have the urge to get the front up.

Lately I feel rather discombobulated :spudwhat:

Meh

louisb
20th March 2005, 18:05
Wainui coast rd was clear, dry, warm, and without wind.

Made screaming noises, then had a Mr Whippy ice cream on the Petone Esplanade.
I discovered the wainui coast road today... excellent. Few cars, sun shining, bike going well... all good.

Did see a car's tire come off... yes just it's tire rolling down the road after them, just after they'd done a u-turn just past wainui. nuts.

Slingshot
20th March 2005, 19:22
The takas were greasy as hell, I got up to the top, stopped and had a smoke. I think it was Mikey that arrived just as I was about to head back down again.
Went from there to the pie-cock hill, fair bit of traffic down the bottom (some country carnival on), but a good ride after that. Saw another KBer (sorry, can't remember the name) at the lookout, then back home.

James Deuce
20th March 2005, 20:06
The takas were greasy as hell, I got up to the top, stopped and had a smoke. I think it was Mikey that arrived just as I was about to head back down again.
Went from there to the pie-cock hill, fair bit of traffic down the bottom (some country carnival on), but a good ride after that. Saw another KBer (sorry, can't remember the name) at the lookout, then back home.

Maaaan - I was just going out the door to meet you, and got the,"Can you just help me with this for a bit?" speech.

Then Blakamin ditched me for a book. Coulda said you were washing your hair. Bitch.

BNZ
20th March 2005, 21:04

I hit the takas about 2:20 (SC might have been me you saw at caltex) and went for a quick ride up to the summit. Was dry most of the way but getting a little greasy towards the top and weather looking crap down the other side. Stopped and had a yarn with a couple of blackbird riders, and a guy on a 2005 ZX10R :gob: Couldnt be motivated riding down the other side while roads were wet so went back down and had a look around eastbourne
(id never been out there). Pretty average ride really, yesterday up Pie-cock was a lot more fun :yeah:

Velox
21st March 2005, 00:45
Had an awesome ride up there this afternoon. Skys parted and the road dried up - beeeeautiful!

sedge
21st March 2005, 07:08
Stopped and had a yarn with a couple of blackbird riders, and a guy on a 2005 ZX10R :gob:

Did you see a guy pull in on a Rocket 3 ? and some other guy with his mrs on a ZZR ? (that was me ) I did Paekak on the way, blue mountains and then Rimutakas, Paekak hill on the way back again too.

I have no frecking rubber left on my tyres :(

That ZX10r was nice !...

Sedge.

BNZ
21st March 2005, 10:01
Yeah saw the Triumph. Couldnt belive how quiet is was!!

sedge
21st March 2005, 18:24
Yeah saw the Triumph. Couldnt belive how quiet is was!!

Yeah, that's what I thought, 2.3 litres and all it does is go puttaputtaputta...

It accelerates all right in a straight line. He let me take it for a spin and it's pretty quick 0-80ish... I didn't want to go crazy coz he also told me it's only insured for him !

Sedge.