PDA

View Full Version : One fine day in Omakau

Hitcher
20th March 2005, 13:30
On Friday 11 March, Mrs H and I were walpoling happily through Central Otago when we approached the bustling metropolis that is Omakau. We pulled over for a photo opportunity by the big road sign when we noted, further down the road on the other side leaping and waving her arms, none other than Lynda Blair and Hamish. And who had they arranged to meet there for a burger and chips? None other than Jantar. This is why Omakau gets my vote for "capital of the small world" award!

Photos attached. Note that the Hitchers know how to better position bikes for the purposes of photographs then do the Blairs...

The three folks seated are Hitcher, Hamish and Lynda Blair.

The four KBers standing looking ridiculously happy beneath the Central Otago sunshine are Hitcher, Jantar, Lynda Blair and Hamish.

Lynda took the "art" photo with the snow-capped hills in the background.

LB
28th March 2005, 19:01
Thanks for the piccies Mr and Mrs Hitcher....brings back the (wonderful!) memories......

Mongoose
5th April 2005, 22:19
Whaat about the guys you met at 'Succulents'?

LB
6th April 2005, 05:14
Whaat about the guys you met at 'Succulents'?
The Hitchers weren't at Succulents - that was me and Hamish meeting Scumdog, Jantar, and Rider-in-black. Oh, and Slim and her troops rode past us while we were there.

It was an absolute fluke meeting the Hitchers at Omakau - we'd organised to meet Jantar there, but it was pretty incredible that the H's happened to ride through at the same time.