PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia Tuono owners, others welcome

10bikekid
7th June 2009, 15:15
This is the front page to
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10007668&postcount=1
for those who like to keep things local

Thought I might try this as was boring my Adventure Bike buddies with all my rantings about my Tuono

Tuono means thunder and the live up to the name particurly once pipes are added and the upright riding position makes them a thrill to ride as the extra rearward weighting and the non detuned motor make for lots of wheelies even at speeds up to 150kph if you do it all right.
My personal reason for purchasing was that I wanted a medium level track bike that I could live with on the road and I couldnt cope with the wrist killing sports bike position.
Have been bought up on dirt bikes and more resently adventure bikes upright is more natural for me and the fact that the chassis is straight from the RSV minus side fairing makes it a good Track proposition
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/800rider/P1020064-1.jpg

Skinny_Birdman
7th June 2009, 16:10
Aw shucks, just for me 10Bikekid put the Tuono thread on KB.... I've had mine since last September. It is an ex-Japan bike which had never been sold, and hence was basically new when I bought it, although the mechanic at MID did his best to scratch the shit out of the paint when fitting the Ventura rack, just to make it look a bit second hand.

I love it. It isn't as quick as the Blackbird, but it's more nimble and won't disappear down the road with my license. Essential mods for road use are radiator guards (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=98738), I also have a headlight guard, Ventura rack and cramp buster. Charging is not it's strong point, and plenty of owners rekajigger the wiring between the stator and reg/rec, or replace one or both of these items. I have a battery tender in my garage, which hopefully will render either of these unnecessary. :rockon:

WickedOne
7th June 2009, 16:18
Hey fellow Tuono riders!!!

10bikekid
8th June 2009, 07:09
I love it. It isn't as quick as the Blackbird, but it's more nimble and won't disappear down the road with my license. Essential mods for road use are radiator guards (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=98738), I also have a headlight guard, Ventura rack and cramp buster. Charging is not it's strong point, and plenty of owners rekajigger the wiring between the stator and reg/rec, or replace one or both of these items. I have a battery tender in my garage, which hopefully will render either of these unnecessary. :rockon:
Cool, now we can chat without boring the living daylight out of non Tuono rider heathans,will investigate guards as you suggested and in regards to battery I had a similiar problem but presumed it was old battery and the fact that the bike has to start with light on, so fitted taller 14 amp battery that I just bought for ZXR400 race bike Im doing up, problem seems to have disapeared for now, have battery tender as back up if required though

Hey fellow Tuono riders!!!
Hi WickedOne Nice Bike ,It would appear we live close to each other Im thinking a ride would be on the cards, Im trying to keep my liscence at mo so Im being resonable sensible and seek out the twisties like Woodcocks road etc, Have doon a few wheelies by mistake though ( usely about 4 per ride):lol:

nosebleed
8th June 2009, 11:08
Hi guys, just so's you know - there is a newly formed Aprilia club here.
Started by Motogirl...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=80

10bikekid
8th June 2009, 19:05
Started by Motogirl...

Ta might take a look but you guys might get anoyed with us raving on about how good our Tuonos are

nosebleed
8th June 2009, 19:44
LOL. All good. We even let Hitcher in with his Shiver

10bikekid
9th June 2009, 19:29
LOL. All good. We even let Hitcher in with his Shiver
Though I generaly I dont agree with Mr Hitcher much, in this case he may have made a sensible purchase Im suspicious that the extra 30+ hp we are running is not needed exept at the track, but boy its fun trying to learn to deal with it , Tuono's have a harder time putting it into forward motion than the RSVs due to the more rearward riding position, :banana:

426crasher
10th June 2009, 20:07
Hi there 10bike and thanks for the heads up about this thread.

Mine is an 03 Tuono registered in Jan04. I bought it in early 05 and love it.
It's standard apart from a Remus can. It came with a power commander fitted but i have always had my doubts that it's correctly set up. Anyone else got one fitted and what do you think of it? The only bikes i might change it for woud be a new style Tuono or just maybe a speed triple.

Cheers Tony.

10bikekid
10th June 2009, 23:27

It's standard apart from a Remus can. It came with a power commander fitted but i have always had my doubts that it's correctly set up. Anyone else got one fitted and what do you think of it? The only bikes i might change it for woud be a new style Tuono or just maybe a speed triple.

Cheers Tony.
Mine same as yours but Red with Micron exhaust and no commander I put small insert in exhaust to quieten slightly and it runs fine on standard Ignition
Just between you and me the new Tuono is Styling only and infact the Dyno charts Ive seen show them to be down a couple of horses on our version , allso I prefer the extra wind protection of Older model,
At the moment Im loving my Tuono its an animal , you may want a change now but Id have a good ride on the Triple before changing as It wont be as sharp as Tuono and motor is quite different, Tuono will sit at legal speeds ok Triples dont seem to have cruising sweet spot and are hard to keep speed down on if liscence is an issue

Skinny_Birdman
11th June 2009, 12:40

Cheers Tony.

Hey Crash, how's the shoulder. Have you still got that Micron can up for grabs? I don't think my neighbors hate me enough yet:devil2:. Gizza yell if you're up for a ride sometime.

Cheers
A

Sensei
11th June 2009, 19:03
If you want your Tuonos to run the best then get a Factory Pro eprom into
it & do the Collector mod that I done to mine that I posted up on here , plus put in the 99 deresricted air intake , 54mm throttle bodys & a must is the Evo fuel pressure regulator to get the correct fuel pressure as they all like different pressures . Some 50psi & mine likes 46psi . The bonus of the Factory Pro is that it activates the Fuel trim pots which alter the injector timing which helps tuning while you do the air bleed srcews & TPS settings & butterfly stop screw on the throttle bodys . Have PCIII in my RSVR with my own map that I have made from over a 1-1/2 ys of playing on my lap top > Wheelies from 1800rpm in 1st & easy power stands in 2nd throttle only even
3rd once above 7800 rpm and above :clap::headbang:.

426crasher
11th June 2009, 20:30
Mine same as yours but Red with Micron exhaust and no commander I put small insert in exhaust to quieten slightly and it runs fine on standard Ignition
Just between you and me the new Tuono is Styling only and infact the Dyno charts Ive seen show them to be down a couple of horses on our version , allso I prefer the extra wind protection of Older model,
At the moment Im loving my Tuono its an animal , you may want a change now but Id have a good ride on the Triple before changing as It wont be as sharp as Tuono and motor is quite different, Tuono will sit at legal speeds ok Triples dont seem to have cruising sweet spot and are hard to keep speed down on if liscence is an issue

Yeah i had a quick spin on the new Tuono but your right about the wind protection and the speed triple just doesn't look as well finished but certainly goe's real good but with no wind protection at all. Mine stays in the garage. I did the charge wiring mod to mine and my battery is always full and spins the motor over with ease. Now done 64000kms on it and it still sounds sweet. Will have to look up the collector mod etc. I also went up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Cheers Tony

Sparkz
11th June 2009, 21:59
I must agree with Sensei about the Factorypro EPROM and the collector pipe mod. My Tuono pulls like a train from idle to redline with a zero map in the PC3. The EPROM also has an aggressive ignition timing curve that a PowerCommander cannot give you.

The collector pipe mod completely fixes the hole in the torque curve at 5k. I have a spare collector to sell now that my modded one is in......

10bikekid
11th June 2009, 22:44
If you want your Tuonos to run the best then get a Factory Pro eprom into
it & do the Collector mod that I done to mine that I posted up on here , plus put in the 99 deresricted air intake , 54mm throttle bodys & a must is the Evo fuel pressure regulator to get the correct fuel pressure as they all like different pressures . Some 50psi & mine likes 46psi . The bonus of the Factory Pro is that it activates the Fuel trim pots which alter the injector timing which helps tuning while you do the air bleed srcews & TPS settings & butterfly stop screw on the throttle bodys . Have PCIII in my RSVR with my own map that I have made from over a 1-1/2 ys of playing on my lap top > Wheelies from 1800rpm in 1st & easy power stands in 2nd throttle only even
3rd once above 7800 rpm and above :clap::headbang:.
Wow , I cant imagine wanting my Bike to wheelie any easier than it does now . I have a Micron pipe only but it still pulls the wheel up easily in second and if provoked in third so for my Liscence sake for now Ill pass on other mods , perhaps if I feel its to slow at track days, Tuonos are animals I say

10bikekid
11th June 2009, 22:51
Yeah i had a quick spin on the new Tuono but your right about the wind protection and the speed triple just doesn't look as well finished but certainly goe's real good but with no wind protection at all. Mine stays in the garage. I did the charge wiring mod to mine and my battery is always full and spins the motor over with ease. Now done 64000kms on it and it still sounds sweet. Will have to look up the collector mod etc. I also went up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Cheers Tony
Hi Tony youv obviosly found your Tuono to travel ok having done those sort of kays on it , Had you thought of try KTM adventure next, I would have bought one but didnt think It would cut it for track days and now Im loving the my Tuono

10bikekid
11th June 2009, 22:54
I must agree with Sensei about the Factorypro EPROM and the collector pipe mod. My Tuono pulls like a train from idle to redline with a zero map in the PC3. The EPROM also has an aggressive ignition timing curve that a PowerCommander cannot give you.

The collector pipe mod completely fixes the hole in the torque curve at 5k. I have a spare collector to sell now that my modded one is in......

Tuono racing from Pukekowe that about says it all then, Puke track can Dwarfe most Bikes , nice to hear from you though and I know who to contact now if I need go fast advice:niceone:

BarBender
11th June 2009, 23:07

Essential. Makes a hell of a difference.

426crasher
12th June 2009, 18:58

Hmmm these mods sound pretty good to me. A few questions for those that have done them
1. where is the best place to get the eprom. Whats the cost of these?
2. whats involved with the collector box. Taking out some sort of baffle?
3. my bike has a PC2 fitted. Do these mods only work well with the PC3 or will the PC2 do the job?

I'm a bit suspect about my PC2 being set up properly. I think it's making things run a bit rich at the mo so if i am going to get it sorted i might as well look into these mods too.

Cheers Tony

426crasher
12th June 2009, 19:12
Hi Tony youv obviosly found your Tuono to travel ok having done those sort of kays on it , Had you thought of try KTM adventure next, I would have bought one but didnt think It would cut it for track days and now Im loving the my Tuono

Sadly the adventure doesn't ring my bell. It's too tall for me for starters. I have the Wr for off roading so i don't really need a big dual purpose job. The KTM 950 supermoto on the other hand looks a mean tool. In the end i just look at the Tuono and think what am i really going to gain by changing it and having to put close on another $10k into the deal as well.

Cheers Tony.

PS i'm getting around 250kms to a tank full. Whats anyone else getting?

10bikekid
13th June 2009, 06:59
Sadly the adventure doesn't ring my bell. It's too tall for me for starters. I have the Wr for off roading so i don't really need a big dual purpose job. The KTM 950 supermoto on the other hand looks a mean tool. In the end i just look at the Tuono and think what am i really going to gain by changing it and having to put close on another $10k into the deal as well.

Cheers Tony.

PS i'm getting around 250kms to a tank full. Whats anyone else getting?
Id agree on the money thing KTMs are pricey were as you can get ex Japanese low K Tuonos for a steal particularly the pre 06 models which I personaly prefer ( no offence guys ) THE KTM990SM Tourer would be the other posibility for you but I think were talking 24k, Ooch you could buy a Harley for that ( just Kidding about Harley) I rode STD 990sm it was snorty and very wheely prone at low speeds like a big dirt bike , the fuel injectio was terrible and it hunted on unloaded throttle even at 100kph and had no wind protection, Id rate the Tuono as better Fueled , faster and more able to do High speed wheelies (100kph plus) but more controlled around town, Tuono for me, I often when working pine to ride it, Todays my Birthday so as a Treat me and the Boys will Ride with perhaps a nice Birthday Wheelie:banana:

Fuel miliage, your bike cant be that Rich as mines doing about 200 round town and 230 on open road and id be wringen tank out at that,mind you some of the open road stuff was through the Coramandel Chasing and being chased by GSX1000s and a new Fire Blade so perhaps 250 could be squezed out
Chow

Sparkz
13th June 2009, 12:47
Hmmm these mods sound pretty good to me. A few questions for those that have done them
1. where is the best place to get the eprom. Whats the cost of these?
2. whats involved with the collector box. Taking out some sort of baffle?
3. my bike has a PC2 fitted. Do these mods only work well with the PC3 or will the PC2 do the job?

I'm a bit suspect about my PC2 being set up properly. I think it's making things run a bit rich at the mo so if i am going to get it sorted i might as well look into these mods too.

Cheers Tony

The Factorypro EPROM is around US$240 from the States. Triplezee motorcycles are the local agents and their pricing is better than shipping the bits in from the States yourself. They have a KB presence.

The collector pipe mod involves adding two balance pipes between the two cyclinder pipes. See the pic attached. Excuse the welding, I had it done by a mate who had a heavy night out before.

A PC2 will do the job just as well, but you may not need it once the EPROM is fitted. Both adjust the timing of the fuel injector pulses and correct fuelling over the rev range. The EPROM also changes the ignition timing curve, which a PC2 cannot do. My PC3 is basically not doing anything as it is loaded with a zero map (no correction).

The RSV v-twin is notoriously difficult to tune for low throttle opening. The Factorypro EPROM activates two potentiometers on the ECU that allow you to adjust idle and small throttle fuelling properly.

The EPROM is the single best go-fast improvement in my book. I had the 57mm throttle bodies and EVO airbox mod on my bike when I got it, but took them off. The throttle bodies are only good for wide open throttle and the airbox mods leak dirty air into the intake.

Awesome bikes, Tuonos, just seem to turn anyone into a hooligan. :devil2:

426crasher
14th June 2009, 11:40
The Factorypro EPROM is around US$240 from the States. Triplezee motorcycles are the local agents and their pricing is better than shipping the bits in from the States yourself. They have a KB presence.

The collector pipe mod involves adding two balance pipes between the two cyclinder pipes. See the pic attached. Excuse the welding, I had it done by a mate who had a heavy night out before.

A PC2 will do the job just as well, but you may not need it once the EPROM is fitted. Both adjust the timing of the fuel injector pulses and correct fuelling over the rev range. The EPROM also changes the ignition timing curve, which a PC2 cannot do. My PC3 is basically not doing anything as it is loaded with a zero map (no correction).

The RSV v-twin is notoriously difficult to tune for low throttle opening. The Factorypro EPROM activates two potentiometers on the ECU that allow you to adjust idle and small throttle fuelling properly.

The EPROM is the single best go-fast improvement in my book. I had the 57mm throttle bodies and EVO airbox mod on my bike when I got it, but took them off. The throttle bodies are only good for wide open throttle and the airbox mods leak dirty air into the intake.

Awesome bikes, Tuonos, just seem to turn anyone into a hooligan. :devil2:

Thanks for that Sparkz

Will be looking into this in the next month. I'm mostly looking to sort out the low throttle fuelling but more oooomph will be most welcome too :Punk:

They really are an awesome bike for not huge money. One thing i don't seem to find much on these forum sites is owners saying thier Tuono's are shit because.......

Cheers Tony.

cruza
14th June 2009, 16:31
Got my tuono this year, looked at them 5-6 years ago, but couldn't afford the 24k at the time. very additive and alot of fun. Theres another guy who does chips as well "gabro or garbro" , Alot of people on aprillia forum really like them and don't have some of tuning issues other ones have .

10bikekid
14th June 2009, 17:59
Great info guys
We all seem to like or Tuonos , I love riding mine but am constantly battling the urge to do wheelies, had some 600s follow me the other day and since I didnt want to race, I pulled a wheelie up a hill at about 90kph to scare them off which I think did the trick as they peel off when we turned into our favourite twisties play ground, :done:

fuel consumption update, on a slow trip up though the wellsford back roads ( wet) 212ks used 12 litres so could get as far as 310ks before youd have to push 350ks would be possible at mind numbingly slow speads but 280 would be resonable with some fun had:confused:

Skinny_Birdman
16th June 2009, 14:49
fuel consumption update, on a slow trip up though the wellsford back roads ( wet) 212ks used 12 litres so could get as far as 310ks before youd have to push 350ks would be possible at mind numbingly slow speads but 280 would be resonable with some fun had:confused:

350? Crikey! When I thrash mine I get about 190k before the light comes on. If I'm gentle maybe 230k. Is the light at 12l or a bit more?

10bikekid
16th June 2009, 17:58
Should go on at 14L, stop next time as soon as come on when on the flat ( it will flicker a few times before this)

Fuel consuption does seem to varey a bit depending on kind of riding , one trip I used 14L for 160ks so would have only got to 220ks before walking , Ive found that you can get another Litre in if you fill tank till its coming up cap lip ( another 15kms)

I think my consupmtion figure are between 13 - 18km per litre
230 - 320 ks then push :eek:

Sensei
16th June 2009, 19:25
Dream of mileage like that with my mods I can see the fuel light on by 130k -160ks pretty easly when pushing the motor hard eg high 8-10,000 rpm all the time & the best I have got was 230k with the light on for the last 20k of those .

10bikekid
16th June 2009, 20:54
Dream of mileage like that with my mods I can see the fuel light on by 130k -160ks pretty easly when pushing the motor hard eg high 8-10,000 rpm all the time & the best I have got was 230k with the light on for the last 20k of those .
Being an RSV you wont get as good a Miliage as our Tuono's as we have less friction since usually only wheel is on the ground :shifty:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt119/800rider/Tuonowheelie.jpg

426crasher
17th June 2009, 19:26
Hey Crash, how's the shoulder. Have you still got that Micron can up for grabs? I don't think my neighbors hate me enough yet:devil2:. Gizza yell if you're up for a ride sometime.

Cheers
A

Howdy there skinny

Yeah shoulders good n fixed now but took quite a while to mend properly. Still got the micron can if your interested, your nextdoors WILL hate you if you slip this on but it does weigh about a third of the original dustbin job and doe's let the gasses flow. Easy to get a simple baffle made for it. Looking to get out on the WR over winter so if your up for some off roading i'm in. I fancy a day over near Reefton....

Cheers Tony

Skinny_Birdman
17th June 2009, 19:57
Still got the micron can if your interested, your nextdoors WILL hate you if you slip this on but it does weigh about a third of the original dustbin job and doe's let the gasses flow.

I think Tony wins the prize for best description of the ridiculously outsized Tuono muffler. When we met up at the local gas station to head over to the Greymouth Street Races and he saw mine for the first time next to his slender Remus, his words (rendered in Yorkshire dialect) were that the Tuono looked "....like a fookin space shuttle." Priceless....

Looking to get out on the WR over winter so if your up for some off roading i'm in. I fancy a day over near Reefton....

Name your weekend. I need a bit of training on the wee XLR (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=98092&page=7) if I'm going to go 1000km on it. Going on this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=101451) if the weather doesn't crap out completely. Again.
Now, back to Tuonos.... What are people doing for tyres. Mine still has the stock Dunlops, but they are nearly shot. I had good runs out of Michelin Pilot Roads on the Blackbird, and I don't ride even nearly hard enough to justify the additional expense and shorter life of Pilot Powers....

10bikekid
17th June 2009, 22:03
Howdy there skinny

Still got the micron can if your interested, your nextdoors WILL hate you if you slip this on but it does weigh about a third of the original dustbin job and doe's let the gasses flow. Easy to get a simple baffle made for it.
Cheers Tony

I have drilled a hole side ways in end of my Micron a fitted a thin tube to the inside of the end cap with a through bolt holding it in place ( also bevel edges to fit the inside curve) and am planing to make a bigger one for longer tours, the small one just takes the sting out of the noise which is ok for 250k trips but after that my ears begin to notice , but I just so love the sound round town, standard micron is horn but hard to live with, nieghboors included

I think Tony wins the prize for best description of the ridiculously outsized Tuono muffler. When we met up at the local gas station to head over to the Greymouth Street Races and he saw mine for the first time next to his slender Remus, his words (rendered in Yorkshire dialect) were that the Tuono looked "....like a fookin space shuttle." Priceless....

I quite like the look of standard exhaust but it a shame not to have the beatiful noise it could make and its so heavy

Now, back to Tuonos.... What are people doing for tyres. Mine still has the stock Dunlops, but they are nearly shot. I had good runs out of Michelin Pilot Roads on the Blackbird, and I don't ride even nearly hard enough to justify the additional expense and shorter life of Pilot Powers....

I love my Pilot powers but cant say how long they last since Ive only done 750ks on them , Bike easily wheelies in the wet and I feel real confident on them but perhaps for higher miliagers it may be better to stay with Pilot Roads , but I wanted the grip for the track as well
Have still managed to slide them in the wet once though on a cold wet corner , lucky I was expecting it and had my dirt bike foot out to save it . I think the pedestian on side of the road got a fright though

426 must have gone though a few tires so I guess he will know

426crasher
18th June 2009, 19:52

Hey there skinny

I run Michelin pilot roads on mine for the very reason that i can get them through a mate at discounted rates. Having said that i think they are great. Whichever tyre i have had on a v twin i find they tend to chew through a rear a bit quicker than a four. Have tried the softer pilot range and i cant tell any real difference on the road to "road" compound so i just buy these now. I'm due for a rear now so if your looking for a set over winter sometime then give us a yell and we can order them in. Will keep you posted about a dirt ride. I also fancy a ride out through the top end of hanmer on the ra....in....b....o....w. roa.........d.

Cheers Tony.

Skinny_Birdman
18th June 2009, 21:52
I also fancy a ride out through the top end of hanmer on the ra....in....b....o....w. roa.........d.

OK, but my first aid certificate isn't valid for much longer, so you'll have to promise to watch out for the ....thing that provokes retarded comments....:lol:

Clivoris
18th June 2009, 22:43
Why don't all you dickheads sell your bikes so I can start feeling special again?

P/T.
:love:my Tuono. 2 into 2 Renegade exhaust sounds mega horn. PCIII custom mapped and some other minor mods... I dream of a well tuned factory pro chip with a custom PCIII map like Sensei's but I'm getting the fuel light at 170-180 km as it is. Started the process of getting Ohlins suspension upgrades but ended up buying a new hot water cylinder instead.:bye: I also sometimes contemplate shaving 10 mil off the handlebar risers to get a slightly sportier ride position and more front end feel, but I can't be arsed until I get some spare risers. Didn't get on with Dunlops on it at all but love the Pirelli Diablo Rosso's. I'll be giving Metzelers a go next.

Skinny_Birdman
19th June 2009, 08:31
ended up buying a new hot water cylinder instead.

Didn't you keep your stock muffler when you went to the Renegades? It would have been perfect for a hot water cylinder. :rofl:

Forgot to mention for anyone who hasn't already found it, that the owner's manual can be downloaded from Aprilia's website here (http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lum/index.asp?l=Tuono%201000). Once you get past all the warnings not to ride without a helmet, on drugs or basically at all, there is some quite useful stuff in there.

Cheers
A

10bikekid
19th June 2009, 21:16
...I also sometimes contemplate shaving 10 mil off the handlebar risers to get a slightly sportier ride position and more front end feel...

Haa, I come off an adventure Bike by comparison on the Tuono I can feel the snails crawling on the ground as I pass them, ( fast):laugh: and dont worry Im sure your still special

Didn't you keep your stock muffler when you went to the Renegades? It would have been perfect for a hot water cylinder. :rofl:

Forgot to mention for anyone who hasn't already found it, that the owner's manual can be downloaded from Aprilia's website here (http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lum/index.asp?l=Tuono%201000). Once you get past all the warnings not to ride without a helmet, on drugs or basically at all, there is some quite useful stuff in there.

Cheers
A
Ta for that info, No one told me about the Helmet and no Drugs :shit:do I need to trade my bike now ( kidding, so dont try to buy any off me)

Skinny_Birdman
20th June 2009, 18:57
Ta for that info, No one told me about the Helmet and no Drugs :shit:do I need to trade my bike now ( kidding, so dont try to buy any off me)

As far as useless warnings go, I can't get past the rather splendidly ambiguous 'PRESERVE NATURE' which was proudly emblazoned on the tank warning label on my CBR600. How can I 'preserve nature' at 220km/h? My helmet is busy bashing the shit out of insects, and anything that runs onto the road is toast, as probably am I. :confused:

10bikekid
21st June 2009, 22:10
As far as useless warnings go, I can't get past the rather splendidly ambiguous 'PRESERVE NATURE' which was proudly emblazoned on the tank warning label on my CBR600. How can I 'preserve nature' at 220km/h? My helmet is busy bashing the shit out of insects, and anything that runs onto the road is toast, as probably am I. :confused:
That just Plain naughty, I hardly ever go any faster than I can wheelie on Tuono (140kph) though did do that down hill on the metal on my DR on Saturday and only about 155 on the way there passing a truck so Im the Righteous Greeny and youd be the evil Bug killer:lol:

98tls
21st June 2009, 22:23
Why don't all you dickheads sell your bikes so I can start feeling special again?

P/T.
:love:my Tuono. 2 into 2 Renegade exhaust sounds mega horn. PCIII custom mapped and some other minor mods... I dream of a well tuned factory pro chip with a custom PCIII map like Sensei's but I'm getting the fuel light at 170-180 km as it is. Started the process of getting Ohlins suspension upgrades but ended up buying a new hot water cylinder instead.:bye: I also sometimes contemplate shaving 10 mil off the handlebar risers to get a slightly sportier ride position and more front end feel, but I can't be arsed until I get some spare risers. Didn't get on with Dunlops on it at all but love the Pirelli Diablo Rosso's. I'll be giving Metzelers a go next. Hey C,if you get a moment can you post up a pic of the risers on that thing,have got the fairings off the old TL and about to embark on a mission (yea another).just looking for some ideas.

Skinny_Birdman
20th July 2009, 08:28
Bumping this thread up to the top again, does anyone use paddock stands on their Tuono. I'm looking at buying one, but not sure how wide it needs to be, or where this is measured from. For example, this (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Stands/auction-230651941.htm) little bad boy is quoted at 355mm wide. Now a quick and dirty measurement between the spools on my swingarm is around 380mm, which is obviously way too wide, but I wouldn't have thought that the Tuono was vastly different to other sports bikes, so am I missing something, or do I need a really wide stand?

Cajun
20th July 2009, 08:31
any rear stand should work

same stand is used at my place for a gsxr 600, hayabusa and 06 rsvr

the V pick up points on stands usual are slide to suit the bike.

10bikekid
1st December 2010, 19:51
Things that go bump in the Night 1 year 5 months later

Crashed my Last Tuono (at Hampdom downs) so got a new faster one now :)

frogfeaturesFZR
4th December 2010, 19:49
So what happened at Hampton Downs ? Cold tyres ?

10bikekid
5th December 2010, 20:25
So what happened at Hampton Downs ? Cold tyres ?

Mechanical Failure.
The rear brake backing plate pin sheared and spate me off coming out of turn 6 on to the main straight (at about 160kph according to my friend chasing me on His 09 Blade)

I was peeved since we only had two bikes to go to get to the front of group 2 and enough time to make it

Them's the brakes :shutup:

spacemonkey
14th December 2010, 20:35
Started by Motogirl...

Ah cheers for that..... Didn't know there was one. :)

10bikekid
15th December 2010, 21:19
Ah cheers for that..... Didn't know there was one. :)

Forgot about that cool,

helenoftroy
9th February 2011, 04:55
Just realised my new bike belonged to Sparkz -

Impatiently waiting to see & ride the stunning beast....:woohoo:

Corse1
9th February 2011, 09:00

Yeah been thinking about trading the Speed triple in for the Tuono. Like the vee twin...and yes the speed triple does not have a nice cruise speed. I guess you would have to add a smaller rear sprocket to achieve that. its a great bike and handles so well but the Tuono really appeals.

And i could get a decent Tuono to replace the triple with no money outlay as the triples seem to retain their price.

10bikekid
20th February 2011, 21:14
Yeah been thinking about trading the Speed triple in for the Tuono. Like the vee twin...and yes the speed triple does not have a nice cruise speed. I guess you would have to add a smaller rear sprocket to achieve that. its a great bike and handles so well but the Tuono really appeals.

And i could get a decent Tuono to replace the triple with no money outlay as the triples seem to retain their price.

Have replaced my First Tuono (got written off at Hampton Downs) with another one.
New one has full Apoviche Titanium system, chipped and lower gearing, which makes it better on the track (and the perhaps the road also) bike is violently wheelie prone in first and second though which is very tempting for the road

Am surposed to be selling it (wife pulled the pin on the track day stuff) but dont know if I can bear to part with it though