PDA

View Full Version : Man I wish Dad had kept this...

Thunder 8
7th June 2009, 20:06
Just going through old family photos and found this one of Dads Vincent and his mate by the sea near Paraparaumu. That one he definitley could have kept.:doh:

sinfull
7th June 2009, 20:08
Just going through old family photos and found this one of Dads Vincent and his mate by the sea near Paraparaumu. That one he definitley could have kept.:doh:

Opps ! Ya forgot something !!

Thunder 8
7th June 2009, 20:28
Opps ! Ya forgot something !!
Heh heh oops :lol: thanks for that.pic posted.

sinfull
7th June 2009, 20:31
Heh heh oops :lol: thanks for that.pic posted.
Yeah ya got my interest up when ya posted that, my old man was into the old bikes and rode around these parts too ! Had vincents matchless indians over the years prior to my arrival !

Thunder 8
7th June 2009, 20:37
Yeah ya got my interest up when ya posted that, my old man was into the old bikes and rode around these parts too ! Had vincents matchless indians over the years prior to my arrival !
Yea same he had all sorts of bikes over the years and that hobby (obsession haha.)has been inherited by myself and my brothers.

jellywrestler
7th June 2009, 20:50

interesting shot its a B series rapide, when did he have it and whats his name, any other known history of the bike etc?. I'm the NZ Vincent owners club archives fella and may be able to find out if it still exists.
cheers
spyda

Thunder 8
7th June 2009, 21:09
interesting shot its a B series rapide, when did he have it and whats his name, any other known history of the bike etc?. I'm the NZ Vincent owners club archives fella and may be able to find out if it still exists.
cheers
spyda
PM sent.
Cheers
AJ.

FJRider
7th June 2009, 21:34

I know the feeling ... This one is of my Grandfather on his Henderson, along with two of his mates ... also with a Henderson each. Taken in Alexandra around 1925. I am told two of these machines are owned locally, but its not known if my Grandfathers bike is one of them. More questions to ask I guess.

Henderson's were an inline 4. (front to back) Note appropiate use of "safety" gear. Well for that period anyway.The Picket fence is where the Alex. BNZ Bank now stands today.

My Granfather is on the right.

Thunder 8
7th June 2009, 21:42
I know the feeling ... This one is of my Grandfather on his Henderson, along with two of his mates ... also with a Henderson each. Taken in Alexandra around 1925. I am told two of these machines are owned locally, but its not known if my Grandfathers bike is one of them. More questions to ask I guess.

Henderson's were an inline 4. (front to back) Note appropiate use of "safety" gear. Well for that period anyway.The Picket fence is where the Alex. BNZ Bank now stands today.

My Granfather is on the right.
Awesome old photo.Yea they knew how to dress for riding haha.