PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Knee Sliders!

scooterboynz
21st March 2005, 09:44
hi ya , i have the "wiz" sliders with titanium bolts in them ,, the typical new zealand chip seal then are very grippy and tend to grab a lot but on the smooth tar seal thay are perfect,,, also watch out for the cats eyes ,, ihit one of those at 100kph or so and it nearly ripped my leg off! lol

Sparky Bills
21st March 2005, 10:03
Anyone else used the StylMartin titanium sparkers??

I got them on the leathers, And find that on different surfaces they grip to the road. :brick:
Happened a couple times on Piekok hill on Saturday! Nearly shit myself!

But on Manfeild they are good as gold. :confused:
They just dont spark that well.
Anyone else have any opinions?

inlinefour
21st March 2005, 10:52
But I use stylmartin boots and they are darn good...

bugjuice
21st March 2005, 11:26
But I use stylmartin boots and they are darn good...
what do you stick on your knee then?

I can't wait to get some sliders on. Hopefully have some sorted for this weekend at Puke, but it's not looking hopeful.

Anyone got any tips for sewing velcroe onto my pants? I want to sow onto the knee bit (obvisouly), but I'm crap, and I don't want it to fall off when I eventually have the balls to put my knee on the ground.. Also have to buy some sliders too..

inlinefour
21st March 2005, 11:41

I can't wait to get some sliders on. Hopefully have some sorted for this weekend at Puke, but it's not looking hopeful.

Anyone got any tips for sewing velcroe onto my pants? I want to sow onto the knee bit (obvisouly), but I'm crap, and I don't want it to fall off when I eventually have the balls to put my knee on the ground.. Also have to buy some sliders too..

Don't have anything extra on my kness other than my riding pants with the inserts inside the pants...

bugjuice
21st March 2005, 11:47
Don't have anything extra on my kness other than my riding pants with the inserts inside the pants...
so you don't get your knee down then? guess that's what I'm getting too :p

inlinefour
21st March 2005, 11:57
But generally when I'm on my mates GPx600 only. Sometimes on the CB, but not to the point that I'm rubbing on the road. All depends on how much fun I'm having. I suspect that when I get my next bike however that'll all change and the sliders will be required to go with the CBR600RR...

sAsLEX
21st March 2005, 12:06

just use some chopping board

bugjuice
21st March 2005, 12:18
lmao... umm, ok.. may be strip the bark off a tree and wedge it in my boots..
could use yer grannies' fine bone china, I doubt I'll get my knee down, but it won't be from lack of trying..

750Y
21st March 2005, 12:23
...Anyone got any tips for sewing velcroe onto my pants?

glue it first.

bugjuice
21st March 2005, 12:28
glue it first.
aaaaaaah ha. See, I didn't know/think of that.. thanx :yeah:

Biff
21st March 2005, 12:28
I purposly avoid buying knee sliders these days. It's far too tempting for me to make too much of an effort to get then down. But saying that, the last couple of weeks I've found myself hanging of the seat, scraping the pegs and having to drag my knee in as there's only leather between me and the road.

pyrocam
21st March 2005, 12:47
glue it first.

off topic. anyone done any repairing leather/kevlar gloves? I think I need a big 4x3 patch of leather sown on?

Motoracer
21st March 2005, 13:40
What are knee sliders and what are they used for?

Two Smoker
21st March 2005, 13:43
Yep ive got Wiz titanium kneesliders... Due to my riding style (wearing through sliders very quickly) they only come out on special occassions... I find that some of the bolts get ripped out on rough chip... and yep good old catseyes have caused many a bruise for me :doh:

Just a bit pricey...

Mr Skid
21st March 2005, 14:12
Funny guy.. :shake:

Ivan
21st March 2005, 14:32
Hey I got styl martin knee sliders I race but havent used them yet I want to save them for Manfield and wondered if anyone knew what they sparked like

dss3
21st March 2005, 16:23
I got my mate to bring me some back from the UK at christmas as they are difficult and expensive to buy here. Got some Motrax brand ones. Rated by a few of the big bike mags to be the "sparkiest." They don't just have titanium rods in plastic sliders, but rather a complete shell of titanium around the outside of the entire slider. I haven't got any pics yet but people who have seen them say they spark quite a lot!

_daryl

Sparky Bills
21st March 2005, 16:24
They are ok, the titanium bit come out after as while, but they seem to last quite a while.
They dont spark as good as others on the market.

Two Smoker
21st March 2005, 18:31

you know those things that you have on your elbows hehehe

Biff
21st March 2005, 21:41
I got my mate to bring me some back from the UK at christmas as they are difficult and expensive to buy here. Got some Motrax brand ones. Rated by a few of the big bike mags to be the "sparkiest." They don't just have titanium rods in plastic sliders, but rather a complete shell of titanium around the outside of the entire slider. I haven't got any pics yet but people who have seen them say they spark quite a lot!

_daryl

Im off to the UK in a few weeks - any idea where your mate bought them? A sparkly BiffnBird - sweeeet.

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2005, 22:05

That wasnt a pistake or a joke, he is serious bugjuice!

Sheesh, surely im not the only one who has thought of such things ?

Anyways yeah MR! We put what you call elbow sliders on our knees and drag them around the place, because we aint got what it takes to put the elbow on the deck! hehehe top effort on trying even if u aint got it yet, you will someday soon.

FROSTY
21st March 2005, 22:19

Bugman--give kerrie at MSW a yell--she'll sort it for ya.
-Ive prolly got some old sliders around if ya wanna try em out.

bugjuice
21st March 2005, 23:13
That wasnt a pistake or a joke, he is serious bugjuice!

Sheesh, surely im not the only one who has thought of such things ?

Anyways yeah MR! We put what you call elbow sliders on our knees and drag them around the place, because we aint got what it takes to put the elbow on the deck! hehehe top effort on trying even if u aint got it yet, you will someday soon.
Yeah, I know it wasn't a PT, I've heard that before.. still kinda scarey to cut up me choppin board then go scrub it up! Be hell for cuttin me pizza on after that for one..

I remember watching a race where there was a very long right-hander, the racers going round (MotoGP I think) had to pull their elbows in to stop them scraping the black stuff! Gobsmacked on that..

Bugman--give kerrie at MSW a yell--she'll sort it for ya.
-Ive prolly got some old sliders around if ya wanna try em out.
bugman? pfft...
msw? kinda lost, but by the time you reply to rip the piss out of me some more, I'd have remembered..
I've found a new pair for about 50 bucks. Is that good..?? I'm hoping that I'll start them off at Puke, and carry them on for Taupo (yeah, pros use a set per meeting/race blah blah blah..).. I'd be happy to try on someone else's pair (probably get them back in the same condition!), but I'm happy to buy my own too, just to say I have a pair and rub it in with my bro too.. altho that's probably being mean..

750Y
23rd March 2005, 07:09
off topic. anyone done any repairing leather/kevlar gloves? I think I need a big 4x3 patch of leather sown on?

kerrie at MSW downstairs in st kevins arcade K-road. recommended...