PDA

View Full Version : Interview tips - Great success!

1vanvan1
9th June 2009, 15:02
As you may remember a week or so back I was here asking for tips here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=100075)

I would like to thank everyone for their input, As i think it helped calm some of my nerves, Anyway.

I got a phone call from the air force yesterday with some great news! I got accepted!! Great success!

So from the 14th of July I start my career path to becoming at Aircraft Technician! Couldn't be more happier! :banana:

NDORFN
9th June 2009, 15:06
You're lying... we don't have an airforce! Jokes. Congratulations :2thumbsup

R6_kid
9th June 2009, 15:06
Like I've already said, great news man. Glad your part of the process is done and dusted! I've still got another 3-4mths of waiting til I know what's happening!

By the way, be sure to pack some hard pills. I hear it gets pretty cold in Blenheim around this time of the year.

1vanvan1
9th June 2009, 15:28
Like I've already said, great news man. Glad your part of the process is done and dusted! I've still got another 3-4mths of waiting til I know what's happening!

By the way, be sure to pack some hard pills. I hear it gets pretty cold in Blenheim around this time of the year.

Yep, They do kinda muck you around eh. The cold is the only thing I am worried about.

firefighter
9th June 2009, 15:41
Yep, They do kinda muck you around eh. The cold is the only thing I am worried about.

Yeah the recruit courses are a joke now......easy as pie, and don't worry about fitness testing etc it's easy.

However a mint trade you have got into.......good quals and training and you get paid pretty well at the same time. (It would cost you thousands to do elsewhere, AND you'd need part time work)

Definately a good choice .

You need any info (I'm no recruiter and will be straightforward) just ask.

R6_kid
9th June 2009, 15:42

I'd be more worried about getting an asshole for a Corporal, but given how PC the training is I'd be surprised if Corporals are even allowed to be assholes anymore!

slofox
9th June 2009, 15:58
So from the 14th of July I start my career path to becoming at Aircraft Technician!

Nah - your career will be "killing the queen's enemies"...

But well done on getting in there!

firefighter
9th June 2009, 16:08
I'd be more worried about getting an asshole for a Corporal, but given how PC the training is I'd be surprised if Corporals are even allowed to be assholes anymore!

they aren't, it's all very PC now.

Nah - your career will be "killing the queen's enemies"...

No it won't........!

R6_kid
9th June 2009, 16:33
they aren't, it's all very PC now.

Lol, My dad went through basic training 35 years back, i know how it was once upon a time. I also know that up until even only a few years back it was still fairly 'hardcore'. Since then i've had numerous friends go through recruit course at different times since 2002 and it's quite obvious that it's getting softer/easier due to PC regulations.

Nasty
9th June 2009, 16:38
Fantastic .... have to say that is the best news of the day really!!!

p.dath
9th June 2009, 16:39
Oh it was for the Air Force. You should have just said you were still breathing. They don't actually turn people away do they? :-)

Mom
9th June 2009, 17:08
Congratualtions! Fantastic news for you. Hopefully everything will turn out to be better than you expect. Wear wool next to your skin :yes:

Brett
9th June 2009, 22:42
Congrats! How long did the whole process take from initial application through to acceptance?

1vanvan1
9th June 2009, 22:57
Congrats! How long did the whole process take from initial application through to acceptance?

About 2 months for me.