PDA

View Full Version : Tooth enamel erosion.

FROSTY
9th June 2009, 17:37
I visited the Tooth Doctor yesterday. Yaaay lucky me.
Whilst checking out my teeth he asked me If I smoked drugs.
I kinda sat up and gave him the evils. Anyone that knows me knows how anti any kinda drugs I am.
When I settled down He said that the enamel on my teeth was worn like a person who smoked a bit of weed.
Then he went through the list of other causes but none really fits.
The only possibility I can think of is that I drink a lot of tap water. Could that be a cause?

pzkpfw
9th June 2009, 17:42
Is water flourodated where you live/grew up?

(sp?)

The Stranger
9th June 2009, 17:46
I kinda sat up and gave him the evils. Anyone that knows me knows how anti any kinda drugs I am.
When I settled down He said that the enamel on my teeth was worn like a person who smoked a bit of weed.

I heard that semen erodes enamel. That could explain it.

Str8 Jacket
9th June 2009, 17:46
About 2 hours ago, I had a pooh. It had corn in it. Is that normal? I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it? :mellow:

Swoop
9th June 2009, 17:49
How much Coke do you drink?

FROSTY
9th June 2009, 17:49
Is water flourodated where you live/grew up?

(sp?)
yep and smells of clorine. Nope dont drink coke.

The Stranger
9th June 2009, 17:50
About 2 hours ago, I had a pooh. It had corn in it. Is that normal? I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it? :mellow:

Sorry, no. Studying your shit is NOT normal.

AllanB
9th June 2009, 17:51

Well if it was still on the cob I'd be very very worried........

AllanB
9th June 2009, 17:53
The only possibility I can think of is that I drink a lot of tap water. Could that be a cause?

Nah.

If you have eliminated the others I'd say it was either brushing to hard (you man-beast you) for years or using a hard brush on your teeth.

I don't know why they even sell those hard tooth-brushes - only good for cleaning greasy engine parts.

The Stranger
9th June 2009, 17:54

You would have to ask kornholio about that.

slofox
9th June 2009, 17:54

It's only normal if you have been eating corn...if you haven't been eating corn, you're in deep shit...(looking for corn)

short-circuit
9th June 2009, 18:01

Onya :lol:

short-circuit
9th June 2009, 18:02

You sure have been hard at work starting bollox threads lately...

You should try Twitter

short-circuit
9th June 2009, 18:02

And you should try Shitter

enigma51
9th June 2009, 18:08
If the evidence says you are user then your a user.

Why else did you have a pink bike ...... you aint from italy

Warr
9th June 2009, 18:46
.... Could that be a cause?

Did the dentist not consider pregnancy as a possible cause ?

Winston001
9th June 2009, 18:53
Acid. Teeth are a calcium compound, like bones but tougher. The most common cause of tooth erosion is carbonated soft drinks. Fizzy stuff.

If you suffer from acid reflux that will work on your teeth. Bulimics also experience this problem through vomiting.......you needed to know that. :D

Has to be food/drink with most people. I suppose you might have some condition where you don't have enough saliva or your saliva is unusually acidic and lacking in calcium.

Got a will........? :buggerd:

p.dath
9th June 2009, 19:03

That's hilarious!

Paul in NZ
9th June 2009, 19:34
That's hilarious!

No - it's penis self preservation...

DMNTD
9th June 2009, 19:38
Acid....

The man said he didn't do drugs man :wacko:

Winston001
9th June 2009, 20:25
The man said he didn't do drugs man :wacko:

Duh. :pinch: So he did, my bad. :doobey:

Mully
9th June 2009, 20:31
Frosty,

http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/abyss/Dental-Erosion-01.htm

Could be a lack of saliva, according to this.

Solly
9th June 2009, 20:56

Great reply.......but just in case you're serious...normal,only if you've been eating corn :2thumbsup

peasea
9th June 2009, 21:08

That reminds me of a song called 'Peanuts' by a North Shore band named Dogbite. The crunch-line was; "I know you stole my peanuts coz I saw them in your shit".

The mind boggles.

peasea
9th June 2009, 21:09
Great reply.......but just in case you're serious...normal,only if you've been eating corn :2thumbsup

......and it came out his corn hole?

Maki
9th June 2009, 21:36

Have you by any chance been "corn cobbed" recently? That could explain it.

XxKiTtiExX
9th June 2009, 21:36
I've heard of people managing to brush the enamel off their teeth from over using a hard bristle toothbrush (over time).

oldrider
9th June 2009, 21:49

Magnesium deficency could be a factor. Seriously! :yes:

merv
9th June 2009, 22:53

If you haven't eaten any corn lately I'd say no its not normal and how come you are producing that stuff?

Are you losing any teeth enamel too?

merv
9th June 2009, 22:55
I've heard of people managing to brush the enamel off their teeth from over using a hard bristle toothbrush (over time).

Frosty's not wire brushing is he?

XxKiTtiExX
9th June 2009, 23:11
Frosty's not wire brushing is he?

Either that, or as someone else has already mentioned...... Semen... lol

DunerzNick
10th June 2009, 00:05
Use fluoride treatments to slow it down.
Or a product called "tooth moose". Active ingredient super saturates tooth surface with minerals needed to form hydroxyapetite (units making up enamel), this remineralises your teeth while you sleep. And it tastes pretty good...

But yea acid erosion is common, every time the pH in your mouth drops below 5.5, your teeth begin to demineralise. This happens pretty much every time you eat or have a sugary drink.
Do you drink fruit juices? These are the worst thing for your teeth -worse than fizzies and beer. They contain a weak acid which is harder to neutralise with saliva.

Or as mentioned, saliva pathologies can cause. You may have a decreased flow rate (xerostomia / dry mouth), or a decreased buffering capacity, both of which make it harder to raise the pH back to normal in your mouth.

Do you have lots of fillings in your mouth?

vifferman
10th June 2009, 10:00
Who'd'athort a thread about tooth enamel could be one of the funniest of all time?

Warr
10th June 2009, 10:17
But yea acid erosion is common, every time the pH in your mouth drops below 5.5, your teeth begin to demineralise. This happens pretty much every time you eat or have a sugary drink.

What about Coke-Zero ?? Must be good for me :)

smoky
10th June 2009, 10:23

have you looked in the mirror lately?

vifferman
10th June 2009, 10:24
Y'think?
With all those artificial sweeteners in it?
With such a high level of orthophosphoric acid, to make it tangy and give it a longer shelf life? :wacko:

smoky
10th June 2009, 10:27

It's only normal if you have been eating corn...if you haven't been eating corn, you're in deep shit...(looking for corn)

I hardly ever eat corn, never eat cubed carrots - so how come every time I have a chunda - out comes corn and cubed carrots? What's that all about then?

Oh and on the tooth thing; fruit juice or oranges and lemons erode tooth enamel

vifferman
10th June 2009, 10:31
I hardly ever eat corn, never eat cubed carrots - so how come every time I have a chunda - out comes corn and cubed carrots? What's that all about then?
There's some clown that wanders around, with his trench coat pockets full of Watties mixed veges, ready to sprinkle around as required.
Strange job, but I guess someone's gotta do it.

smoky
10th June 2009, 10:34

Aspartame is used to sweeten diet coke - and coke zero - aspartame consumption can lead to worrisome build-ups of blood methanol or formaldehyde, and give you brain cancer dude

If you are using aspartame ... and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss - you probably have aspartame disease.

cowpoos
10th June 2009, 10:38
its normal if you have been eating corn....if you havn't had corn in ages...then I reckon its odd!!

vifferman
10th June 2009, 10:56
I'd rather not think about pooh. :pinch:
If you really want to know, corn is largely cellulose, which yuman beans don't process very well, so unless you chew it very thoroughly, it's going to pass through your system largely undigested.

Warr
10th June 2009, 10:57
Aspartame is used to sweeten diet coke - and coke zero - aspartame consumption can lead to worrisome build-ups of blood methanol or formaldehyde, and give you brain cancer dude

If you are using aspartame ... and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, joint pain, depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss - you probably have aspartame disease.
Guess I had better revert back to the Coke-standard then :)

Beemer
10th June 2009, 11:34

I used to suffer badly from bleeding noses and had my nose cauterised (imagine a red hot poker shoved up your nose... but worse!) and it worked for a while. A few years ago the bleeding noses started again so I went to the doctor and was seen by a young locum who was really obnoxious and said my septum was missing - the bit that runs inside your nose between your two nostrils. He said "the only people I've seen that on are people who use cocaine". I was really pissed off as I've NEVER done drugs of any sort and this prick was implying I regularly snorted cocaine! I said I'd had my nose cauterised years earlier and he said he doubted that would have caused it. Well, something did, arsehole, and it wasn't snorting cocaine!

merv
10th June 2009, 14:22
its normal if you have been eating corn....if you havn't had corn in ages...then I reckon its odd!!

If str8 changed her name to cornpoos would that make her a relative of yours?

ManDownUnder
10th June 2009, 14:37
Maybe - depends how fast it's delivered and how bad the "splash effect" is.

Sorry, no. Studying your shit is NOT normal.
... bugger... are you sure?

I thought that's the appendix' job - to store a little "surprise" bundle which puts the corn on your poo, and carrot in your vomit. It's just the way it works.

yungatart
10th June 2009, 16:15
Did you use the same dentist as in previous visits?
Maybe your teeth have been like that for ages.
My back teeth have no enamel as a result of Glandular Fever when I was little.
Otherwise, overvigorous brushing...get yourself an electric toothbrush with a timer on it...about $40 fom Briscoes for a Braun...could protect what enamel you have left.

ManDownUnder
10th June 2009, 16:23
What about Cock-Zero ??

Mate I'd keep that sort of thig off a public forum if I werev you. I have some SPAM I can pass on ... assuming the pills actually deliver that extra 3 to 6 inches...

smoky
10th June 2009, 19:57
My back teeth have no enamel as a result of ...

No enamel?? are you sure?? is that even possible?

DunerzNick
11th June 2009, 15:29

Systemic stress (such as severe infection causing fever or malnutrition) can cause enamel hypoplasias, a defect in enamel formation. The teeth effected depends on the developmental age of the person when the stress occurred. This may show up as small grooves to large pits in enamel

yungatart
11th June 2009, 15:32

Definitely posssible! I am not that much of a freak :Pokey:
Glandular Fever stopped enamel forming properly on my teeth loooong before they erupted.

Naki Rat
11th June 2009, 15:44

Add nitrates by using aspartame to wash down that preserved meat and you really have a problem.

Bacon burger with Coke Zero on the side? You don't get much more toxic than that :bye: It's pretty much what they feed lab rats to generate tumours.