PDA

View Full Version : Easy (very) ride N of Akl on Sat/Sun?

johannvr
9th June 2009, 20:31
Anyone keen to join on a very easy "coffee ride" kinda north of Aucks on Sat or Sun AM? Interested in having a look at the area west of Kaiwaka down Oneriri Rd where some sections are on sale. No fixed route / plan in mind & an easy trot in mind.

Bass
10th June 2009, 12:16
Could be.
What's Crisis up to this weekend I wonder?

Crisis management
10th June 2009, 12:27
Could be.

Saturday, saving the entire population from drowning on the Waitemata (actually with the weather predicted, hoping for some decent 2 metre waves to see if we can get 4.5 tonnes and 450hp airborne)
Sunday...maybe, dependant on the penances demanded by the high commander but I think I am a couple of brownie points ahead at the moment.

Sounds a good idea, I will know definately by friday.

3L4NS1R
10th June 2009, 14:47
If its on Saturday, I can make it. Fighting baddies on Sunday.

johannvr
10th June 2009, 17:02
I'm Ok for either day at this point, so however it works out is fine by me, but probably would prefer Saturday if it comes down to a vote.

No fixed plan in mind & not intended to be a serious haul either - was thinking of leaving say from the BP on the motorway or near there (or Caltex on SH17 @ Dairy Flat is another option) around 8 or so, take whichever route north that comes to mind (one or 2 metal roads from Kaukaps through the hills that eventually kinda comes out near Warkworth), head north towards Kaiwaka (mostly tarseal unfortunately), west out towards Oneriri (gravel/metal) & sort of the same route south again - maybe get a few other metal roads across the hills from Puhoi (Krippner / Noakes Hill, sumthin like that :sweatdrop) back to Auckland - say around 14:00 or thereabouts? Ok if it's a tad later because of a coffee/beer stop somewhere :beer:

No 42nd Tarverse-type stuff, but hey - beats having to mow the lawn on Sat.

later

johannvr
10th June 2009, 17:09
Saturday, saving the entire population from drowning on the Waitemata (actually with the weather predicted, hoping for some decent 2 metre waves to see if we can get 4.5 tonnes and 450hp airborne)

That's exactly why I am not going to even try & put my little 4.5m fibreglass bucket with 90HP on the back out on the Waitemata / Whangaparaoa Bay, or anywhere else with possible 2m swells on Sat - I will single-handedly make up that "entire population that will have to be saved" bit ...

My tub depends on fair weather, especially with esteemed wifey & kiddo's on board, and that's been in short supply the last few weekends :crybaby:

Anyways - let's see how it pans towards the weekend?

johannvr
10th June 2009, 17:10
If its on Saturday, I can make it. Fighting baddies on Sunday.

Keep me posted - also leaning towards Sat if it comes down to votes ...

johannvr
10th June 2009, 17:11
Could be.

Saving fishos & boaties on Sat looks like ... Stay in touch towards Fri & let's make final plans then if you keen to go?

Bass
11th June 2009, 08:51
Saving fishos & boaties on Sat looks like ... Stay in touch towards Fri & let's make final plans then if you keen to go?

Roger that.
I have discovered that I quite enjoy gravel in the wet but the ride across Auckland is just a drag when it rains.

3L4NS1R
11th June 2009, 10:32
Keep me posted - also leaning towards Sat if it comes down to votes ...

looks like its a weekend at home for me. Got the winning ticket last night, but it wasn't big wednesday. $150 for following too close... :nono:

Crisis management
11th June 2009, 18:21
You will have to count me out as well, I have some family matters that need attending to on sunday so that's both days out for me.

Bugger (yet again!)

Bass
13th June 2009, 13:35
I am in the same boat as Crisis unfortunately and will have to pass also.
However, I have done very little gravel north of Auckland and am keen to spend a day (or more) exploring with someone who knows where the good stuff is.

kasper
13th June 2009, 17:41
Has this happened on Saturday or is ti going to be happening on Sunday?

if so when and where?

--kasper

johannvr
14th June 2009, 16:13
Has this happened on Saturday or is ti going to be happening on Sunday?

if so when and where?

--kasper

Sorry mate - didn't see your question earlier. Took advantage of yesterday's good weather & did it. Had a good run.

Often go for easy rides out & about in the hills just north of us here - will let you know.

kasper
14th June 2009, 22:28
Ok please keep me posted, you know my pm details.

--kasper

johannvr
15th June 2009, 17:37
Sure will do