PDA

View Full Version : close call on Stoddard road

pyrocam
21st March 2005, 17:39
was it you?

at about 5:10pm I was crusing down. subtley attempting to catch up to a bike a few cages in front when he/she moved into the right lane to turn down a road (may have been 'may rd' when all of a sudden I saw him/her avoiding a cage tha had not seen them.

from my eyes it was a very close call. the skill of the rider was the only thing that saved him/her from getting a good smack up.

the more I read and see on the roads the more I realise just how freakin dangerous it can be out there.

hope your ok whoever you are

justsomeguy
21st March 2005, 17:55
was it you?

at about 5:10pm I was crusing down. subtley attempting to catch up to a bike a few cages in front when

No it wasn't me but I live there and know that those roads are full of stupid idiots........:confused:

HEY PYRO DO NOT TRY AND PASS CARS IN A MOVING LANE OF TRAFFIC.

I USED TO DO IT HABITUALLY AND ALMOST GOT TAKEN OUT BY A BASTARD IN A FALCON WHO DECIDED TO SUDDENLY TURN AND INDICATED AFTER HE HAD BEGUN THE TURN.

I was just about to overtake the prick and almost got wiped out........ had to brake fast and hard........:angry2: with emphasis on the fast and hard:brick:

Not criticising mate....... just don't want any biker in trouble:doctor: . I'm glad that that person is unharmed and rode away with another tale to tell at a pub.

pyrocam
21st March 2005, 18:09
[QUOTE=justsomeguy]

HEY PYRO DO NOT TRY AND PASS CARS IN A MOVING LANE OF TRAFFIC.

I USED TO DO IT HABITUALLY AND ALMOST GOT TAKEN OUT BY A BASTARD IN A FALCON WHO DECIDED TO SUDDENLY TURN AND INDICATED AFTER HE HAD BEGUN THE TURN.
QUOTE]

I know your right. but I cant help but feel the urge to argue. .... but Ill restrain myself. I know its a silly thing to do, but at the same time. so easy to do, I spose easy to get carried away with also.

does anyone else do ths or have opinions?
*edit poll added

Krayy
22nd March 2005, 08:35
If I were 15 years younger, didn't have a (beautiful) family, had a full NCB and still did my thinking with my dick then I would, but now, NO WAY!!

BTW, saw some bloke on what looked like a CBR600F splitting city bound on the Northwestern yesterday morning and he almost got wiped out by a cager making for the Pt Chev/Waterview exit from the middle lane when he was only 20 or so metres from the exit. Forced the CBR rider to go off at the exit too, presumably a little shaken. Hell it was close and he only missed by the skin of his teeth.

bugjuice
22nd March 2005, 08:54
this is what I stick by

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=153758&postcount=11

vifferman
22nd March 2005, 08:59
does anyone else do ths or have opinions?
Yeah, some dumbarse I saw this morning does! Heading South over the Harbour Bridge this morning at ~7:50, traffic doing about 65-70km/h, and this guy comes lanesplitting past me! He was mostly indicating his lane changes, but he was going significantly faster than the traffic that he would have been upon cars before they saw him. And on the bridge, cars often change lanes without warning, because they like to queue-hop to the 'fastest' lane. Dicks....

Message to you Mr Lanesplitter: leave for work 3 minutes earlier! It's not worth the risk for the small amount of time you save.

Another one:
Mr BMW-Pilot: wearing shoes and socks, and a parka, and riding in the extreme right-hand side of the transit lane.
Slowly.

Why?!?:spudwhat:

He was going so slowly, and was so far over to the side of the lane, that the cars behind him were trying to pass him on his left! He was also quite wobbly, and rode like a noob. (Or is that a knob?)

The only thing I could think of was that he was trying to be extra safe, and was riding so that he was visible in car drivers mirrors??? Maybe he was talking to the car drivers/passengers as he went past them, to make up for other bike riders' lack of sociability? Eh, XJ/Frosty? :Pokey:

Message to you, Mr BMW-Rider: Ride in the middle of the lane, where you have room around you to move when drivers do the dumb things they do. And buy some boots and decent pants, for goodness sake!

And the worst one: This guy that rode straight through a pedestrian crossing that some small kids were waiting at, because he wasn't concentrating.:angry2:
And then he rode like a hoon: passing cars on a narrow street, ripping it up the road in first with the front tyre off the road. What a dick!!

Oh wait... that was me. :confused:
:pinch:
:confused2
:o
:doh:

Ixion
22nd March 2005, 12:01
this is what I stick by

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=153758&postcount=11

Sounds good to me :niceone:

NC
2nd April 2005, 14:57
I'll own up

I take way too many risks

Macktheknife
3rd November 2005, 10:22
I do it all the time but only when I am going just a little bit faster in heavy traffic. I dont usually ride like a complete hoon anymore, usually, but then again I did find myself going around a 50 kmh corner at 140kmh, overtaking cages and passing like an idiot on straights just a couple of weeks ago and thought "I should probably not do this". But what the hell it was a test ride! :drinkup:

Lou Girardin
3rd November 2005, 10:38
Not passing a line of cars? Bugger that, you may as well be in a cage.
I'll pass anything, anytime. But I watch 'em (and others) like a hawk. The slightest sign of a lane change or turn and I'm on the brakes.

pyrocam
3rd November 2005, 10:41
Not passing a line of cars? Bugger that, you may as well be in a cage.
I'll pass anything, anytime. But I watch 'em (and others) like a hawk. The slightest sign of a lane change or turn and I'm on the brakes.

lol at who was giving the advice too. no offence JSG.