PDA

View Full Version : Fuse/junction box?

Boob Johnson
10th June 2009, 14:26
Does anyone know if I can use a slightly different junction box?

Mine has blown & I can get my hands on a 2nd hand one but it isn't the exact part number. Is this possible? Or does it HAVE to match up properly?

Mine is 26021/1096 (1997 ZX7R)

While the one I can currently get is 26021/1070 which is off an 87/90 GPZ500

Or 26021/1063 (from a GPX250)

Cheers in advance :niceone:

imdying
11th June 2009, 12:01
You'd be best to post pics, but the general answer is no, you don't need to use an exact matching item. Obviously the big stumbling block will be having the knowledge to know how to wire it up, but bike wiring is pretty darn simple. What else is built into the fuse box is the question? For example, some Suzukis have the indicator relay built into the side stand relay, which plugs directly into the fuse box. Even that is by no means insurmountable, but it depends on your electrical experience as to whether it's a task you'd want to take on.

Contact the Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers, they might have one they can supply?

p.dath
11th June 2009, 12:45
Does it have any proprietary connectors on the new or old box that might make wiring it in awkward?

Boob Johnson
11th June 2009, 18:18
Thanks for the reply chaps. Seems I have it sorted. Was looking down the barrel of $250+ GST for a brand new one & a minimum 10 day wait ex Japan as there isn't one in the country but have managed to source a 2nd hand one from a ZX9R for $30 including freight :clap:

wickle
11th June 2009, 19:25
Im in the process of changing fuse block on GSX750 that uses old glass fuses to one of a katana that uses blade fuses. Mind you have a mate who is a auto electrican helps.