PDA

View Full Version : How much do you love your bike?

H00dz
14th June 2009, 21:39
Now I'm not usually one to post threads, preferring instead to read others and then offer up my infinate "Words of Wisdom" instead :shifty:.

However the recent action of a motorcylcing buddy has left me pondering.....How much do you love your bike????:love:

Heres the scenario:

You live next door to your riding mates, You work weekends but they dont.

It's Saturday, you get up around (4-5am) to leave to work, its wet outside and your bike is parked up on the deck for a quick getaway, Unfortunately when you jump on ya bike and kick the stand up, you slip and ya bike ends up on its side. Despite trying valiantly to right it, you realise that you cant lift it without help and you will be late for work.

Forced to make a descision....

Do you ....

A) Make a call to one of your mates,knowing that they're probably fast asleep in their beds.

B) Call into work and tell them your going to be late and then get help.

C) Take your car,Leave ya bike and then make an urgent call your mates to rescue your bike.

or

D) Leave your bike lying on its side for most of the day and tell no one, until one of ya mates ring you in a panic to tell you ya bikes fallen over... and then try to play it down by saying.....It's ONLY a Vehicle!!::spanking::no::no::no:

Ya see where I'm Headed here :no:

If ya answered answered A, B or C then your all good in my books BUT if ya answered D...

Dont you think that your mates are totally in their rights to take a picture of your bike and then text it to you with the comment "Shame on you"........

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE YOUR BIKE!!!!

NDORFN
14th June 2009, 21:46
If your bike was a woman, I'd call Womens Refuge. To answer the thread question (not the stupid multi-choice question), I love my current bike like I loved my second girlfriend... I respect her, I look after her, I ride the fuck out of her, but at the end of the day I know I'm going to upgrade... so about <-------------------> this much.

H00dz
14th June 2009, 21:50
If your bike was a woman, I'd call Womens Refuge. To answer the thread question (not the stupid multi-choice question), I love my current bike like I loved my second girlfriend... I respect her, I look after her, I ride the fuck out of her, but at the end of the day I know I'm going to upgrade... so about <-------------------> this much.

LMFAO ...Good Point there !!! :buggerd:

AllanB
14th June 2009, 21:52
I love my bike so much I'm making it a new pair of mufflers with 'man sized' outlets ............:shifty:

popa griffin
14th June 2009, 21:53
Unfortunaltly im not big enough in that region to make love to my bike.... :(

So not very much

NDORFN
14th June 2009, 21:54
I love my bike so much I'm making it a new pair of mufflers with 'man sized' outlets ............:shifty:

If YOUR bike was a woman I'd be extremely concerned :bleh:

hayd3n
14th June 2009, 21:55
love my bike shes getting a new tranny and cam and disks

H00dz
14th June 2009, 21:56

mmmmm.... mufflers... :drool:

dipshit
14th June 2009, 21:58
I love my bike so much that i don't use it for commuting to work shit. Even though i would prefer to ride each day... i spare it that tyre wearing, cold running, mileage accumulating use.

hayd3n
14th June 2009, 22:02
i love my bike so much i ride her every day wind rain snow ice pftttt its only weather

H00dz
14th June 2009, 22:05
i love my bike so much i ride her every day wind rain snow ice pftttt its only weather

righteous Dude!!! But would you leave it lying on its side and go to work???

Sensei
14th June 2009, 22:06
If ya bike was worth anything it wouldn't be sitting outside on a deck !! . :2guns:

NDORFN
14th June 2009, 22:07

That's deep brother.

H00dz
14th June 2009, 22:11
If ya bike was worth anything it wouldn't be sitting outside on a deck !! . :2guns:

true that but he doesnt have a garage !!! so I can't bash him for that....does keep it under a purpose cover though!

NDORFN
14th June 2009, 22:15
true that but he doesnt have a garage !!! so I can't bash him for that....does keep it under a purpose cover though!

HE? There's your problem.

Harvd
14th June 2009, 22:17
shes getting a new tranny

So itl be a he or a she?

As to the o/p some people are like that, they dont form a sort of bond that is quite common with motorbikes. Me, i get very protective about my bike and my mates just dont seem to understand, therefore they like to piss me off by pretending to damage it or telling me my bikes fallen over outside only for me to rush outside and them piss themselves...Fuckers:2guns:

H00dz
14th June 2009, 22:19
HE? There's your problem.

LOL, He being the person who left his bike on its side and went to work not the bike......although now you mention it, I do call my FJ "Fat Jack" Maybe that IS my Problem...:confused:

NDORFN
14th June 2009, 22:28
LOL, He being the person who left his bike on its side and went to work not the bike......although now you mention it, I do call my FJ "Fat Jack" Maybe that IS my Problem...:confused:

My bad, not paying very good attention was I? Nothing wrong with Fat Jack for a bike. Could be a plus-size chick with the birth name Jaqueline. Better than what my wife calls our bike... "Black Bitch".

hayd3n
14th June 2009, 22:28

naa id jack her up and take her

hayd3n
14th June 2009, 22:30
So itl be a he or a she?

As to the o/p some people are like that, they dont form a sort of bond that is quite common with motorbikes. Me, i get very protective about my bike and my mates just dont seem to understand, therefore they like to piss me off by pretending to damage it or telling me my bikes fallen over outside only for me to rush outside and them piss themselves...Fuckers:2guns:

a she still but im the cock that rides her lol

H00dz
14th June 2009, 22:33
naa id jack her up and take her

Exactly my point, I should post the pic but I'm sure my mate would be upset, still its tempting LOL

gatch
14th June 2009, 22:41
I love mine so much that I work on it on a desk a few nights a week :D I'll probably spend the next few months giving it a new heart and fresh set of legs..

Soon it''ll be primo for thrashing..

To answer the question though, I couldn't leave it on its side.. I've taken "sick days" to get out and ride some more..

H00dz
14th June 2009, 22:43
So itl be a he or a she?

Yeah, fuckers they just dont know do they!!!

LaytonNZ
15th June 2009, 00:08
Mee tooo Im quite protective about my bike:( My mates teese me too. Then i start blabbering on about there cars and they get all paranoyed:devil2:

javawocky
15th June 2009, 14:59
I know its a thing, but I would NEVER leave it - her on her side - hang on Thumpers a boy right? - never mind.

I ride to work every day, but she(it/he) sleeps safely and warmly in a nice dry storage room in the company garage while I work. If he(she/it) had to sleep in the rain I would think very seriously about riding everyday.

EJT
15th June 2009, 20:02
You live next door to your riding mates, You work weekends but they dont.

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE YOUR BIKE!!!!

As one of the mentioned neighbouring riders I say ban him forever (well until he buys the next round of coffees) and turn his bike into a stunter.

It is so used to being on its side that it is more unnatural being on the stand:no::no:

mnkyboy
15th June 2009, 20:20
I don't love my bike - for me its a way to get from A->B

If i knew that i wouldn't further damage said bike I wouldn't be in a hurry to pick it up. I'd call the mates to help me just so I wouldn't have to use the car though.

Thani-B
15th June 2009, 20:27
Yeah I dont think Id be able to leave my bike lying on its side all day. Actually I wouldnt want to leave it on its side full stop, I always try to pick mine up asap if it falls over/I drop it. And its only a wee GN. Id probably freak out if I dropped my upgrade when I get it.

RIPOFF
15th June 2009, 21:22
A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

98tls
15th June 2009, 21:30
I love mine enough to turn down an offer for the supposedly new/better model:mellow:Yea i know but hey.......thats how much i love the old slapper.

H00dz
15th June 2009, 21:36
A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

First post, Right answer, your off to an Excellent Start!!!!:Punk:

H00dz
15th June 2009, 21:39
As one of the mentioned neighbouring riders I say ban him forever (well until he buys the next round of coffees) and turn his bike into a stunter.

It is so used to being on its side that it is more unnatural being on the stand:no::no:

LOL maybe we should post the Pic, Im sure lone wolf wouldnt mind, I mean as he said, its only a vehicle !!! LOL

RIPOFF
15th June 2009, 21:41
Post the pic man ,post the pic

McDuck
15th June 2009, 21:43
Well i can pick up my bike with one arm (if needed) so it is not really a problem. How ever i would be late for work....

YellowDog
15th June 2009, 21:49
I can't believe anyone would leave their bike lying on its side through fear of embarrassment. How dumb.

If you can't lift your bike, learn to do it OR change it fotr one you can lift FFS.

H00dz
15th June 2009, 21:53
Heres How we found our buddies ride, which he left lying on his deck. He didn't even bother to ring and ask us to rescue it. We came across it purely by accident. In disgust we took this pic and sent it to him with the comment shame on you. the guy in the photo is EJT, who couldnt help but take a pose over the downed beast to add insult to injury.

P.s Please dont judge us, we picked it up straight away....it wasnt us who left it there.

H00dz
15th June 2009, 21:54
Post the pic man ,post the pic

your wish is my command LOL

McDuck
15th June 2009, 21:57
So that is why disco sold up?

RIPOFF
15th June 2009, 22:05
EJT ant no zuki rider i take it?it would have had to have hurt tho,in my life of riding on dirt ive droped my bikes 100s of times and left my bikes down only and i mean only when i havent been able to get up myself.

kit
15th June 2009, 22:12
All I Can say IS SHAME SHAME SHAME on him....Id never treat her like that!!!!! Id rather be late for work!!!!!:nono: But good pic:niceone:

H00dz
15th June 2009, 22:12
EJT ant no zuki rider i take it?it would have had to have hurt tho,in my life of riding on dirt ive droped my bikes 100s of times and left my bikes down only and i mean only when i havent been able to get up myself.

nah EJT's a Kwaka man thru and thru....Mate I'm with you, I dropped my FJ1200 over xmas, everyone over the rellys across the valley, She is one Heavy bike.....even with a sprained ankle getting caught in the fall, I lifted my baby up

RIPOFF
15th June 2009, 22:19
wts it lk to drop a bike on the road?ive got a sweet new 250 ex ninja in i prb ride her to hard (maybe lk a 250 shoud be) so i watch bike falls n crashs on youtube sometimes just to keep it real,do you know wt i mean .

NDORFN
15th June 2009, 22:23
wts it lk to drop a bike on the road?ive got a sweet new 250 ex ninja in i prb ride her to hard (maybe lk a 250 shoud be) so i watch bike falls n crashs on youtube sometimes just to keep it real,do you know wt i mean .

Me too. Was watching a bunch the other night and thinking how a little patience can go a long way when you're travelling at 250kph in traffic.

H00dz
15th June 2009, 22:26

Your right there EJT's a Kwaka man thru and thru......I with you mate on this. over xmas i dropped my FJ1200 on its side, all my mates were next door across the valley, even we a sprained ankle I lifted my baby up :headbang: and that wasnt easy

RIPOFF
15th June 2009, 22:26
lol and qk think n