PDA

View Full Version : Search for injured rider on Muriwai beach

Hitcher
23rd March 2005, 09:51
NewsRoom.co.nz Agency Story at 9:41 AM, 23 Mar 2005

Search and rescue teams are looking for a motorbike rider injured on Muriwai Beach.

Police say the man rang on his cellphone last night to say he had crashed his bike at the southern end of the beach about 2pm yesterday. He has a suspected broken pelvis.

However, contact with the man, who's in his forties, was lost before establishing his exact location.

His family and friends, and police, searched the area on four-wheel drive vehicles overnight.

A police helicopter is to rejoin the search at first light.

Bounty
23rd March 2005, 10:09
From the newstalk zb site

Injured man found

A man who spent the night lost and wounded on Muriwai Beach has been found.

The 42-year-old crashed his motorbike on the beach on Auckland's west coast yesterday.

He managed to call his family last night and said he had been stuck in the dunes for about five hours and thought he had a broken pelvis.

Police have no word on his condition at this stage.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :doctor:

Joni
23rd March 2005, 10:12
Thanks Bounty
Glad to hear he was found....

Heres to a quick recovery...

:sunny:

FEINT
23rd March 2005, 10:34
Good to hear he was found. All the best for a quick recovery. :sunny:

BNZ
23rd March 2005, 11:20
Poor bugger, would have been a scary night! Glad to hear he has been found

750Y
23rd March 2005, 12:13
glad to hear...
what a night alright...

inlinefour
23rd March 2005, 12:20
I would not wish a broken pelvis on anyone. Poor bugger, hope it heals up well and he does not loose any mobility.

2_SL0
23rd March 2005, 12:21
That was always my fear when racing around up there. Especially thru the errrrrrrr ummmmmm "bombing range".

Ixion
23rd March 2005, 12:23
That was always my fear when racing around up there. Especially thru the errrrrrrr ummmmmm "bombing range".

I spent a night stranded up tehre once, though uninjured (bike was anothe rmatter).

Never actually saw any bombing take place on the bombing range. Would have been cool, to see that .

No Airforce any more so I gues sthe bombing range is no a good palce to go. Used to be fun zipping around the wrecked cars and stuff that thye had for the pilots to target :yeah:

jrandom
23rd March 2005, 13:05
Never actually saw any bombing take place on the bombing range. Would have been cool, to see that .

No Airforce any more so I gues sthe bombing range is no a good palce to go. Used to be fun zipping around the wrecked cars and stuff that thye had for the pilots to target :yeah:

The Army still use the range for demolition exercises. Last time I camped up there, we got booted off our site by a very agitated man in camo fatigues on a green four-wheeler yelling something about flying shrapnel.

Of course I snuck back in and watched the explosions go off half an hour later. :)

Very cool.

The area is great fun on a dirtbike or 4x4, but don't go in there when the red flags are up.

bugjuice
29th March 2005, 00:25
would never had thought this, but there's a bloke who looks a tad sore opposite my bro in Auckland hospital at the moment. My bro is having his second op on his leg after an off at Christmas (he's doing well btw). Anyhoo, in hospital, there's plenty of time to be talking to everyone else about everything going on. This guy across the way from my bro, is this dude in this thread.

Anyone who's curious, I've not had chance to talk much to him as I haven't been around while he's been awake, my bro and he have been having a natter, and he's been said to be doing well. Broken pelvis and some other minor injurys, but doing really well. I have said 'hi' in passing, but like I said, not much chance to talk yet. I'll see how he's doing and chat a bit more when he's awake as we're all swapping bike stories..

Just wanted to share this with anyone who'd be wonderin..

Lou Girardin
29th March 2005, 08:28
I spent a night stranded up tehre once, though uninjured (bike was anothe rmatter).

The Yanks drop "daisy cutters" from the ramps of Hercs. That could be our new strike wing.

Skyryder
29th March 2005, 19:09
would never had thought this, but there's a bloke who looks a tad sore opposite my bro in Auckland hospital at the moment. My bro is having his second op on his leg after an off at Christmas (he's doing well btw). Anyhoo, in hospital, there's plenty of time to be talking to everyone else about everything going on. This guy across the way from my bro, is this dude in this thread.

Anyone who's curious, I've not had chance to talk much to him as I haven't been around while he's been awake, my bro and he have been having a natter, and he's been said to be doing well. Broken pelvis and some other minor injurys, but doing really well. I have said 'hi' in passing, but like I said, not much chance to talk yet. I'll see how he's doing and chat a bit more when he's awake as we're all swapping bike stories..

Just wanted to share this with anyone who'd be wonderin..

Good one. Sure you'll let him know there's a heap of K B ers wishing him well.

Skyryder