PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow (Sat 20th) - Pickup from Wellington Airport

Devil
19th June 2009, 14:36
Would some kind soul be able to pick me up at 7am from Wellington airport tomorrow? I need to eventually get to Motorad on Vivian st when they open at 9am.

Will shout you breakfast at a Cafe of your choice. Will be in my bike gear so doesn't need to be a car.

021 414 194 or PM

Cheers,

Matt

Mschvs
19th June 2009, 15:13
Damn good idea .... why get a taxi ... sorry I can't help you., but good luck!

BMWST?
19th June 2009, 20:17
any luck? pm me ,there is a little cafe right next to motorad but they have wierd hours

Devil
19th June 2009, 21:14
Cheers. Sorted.

denefoster
19th June 2009, 21:21
If something falls through, or you still need a ride.. pm me, I'll be around with a cage.

p.s. Make motorad get my bike here faster pliz. I'm bored with the BGAB.

elevenhundred
19th June 2009, 22:19
any luck? pm me ,there is a little cafe right next to motorad but they have wierd hours

Just an FYI - I work near there and I think the cafe (Aioli) has shut up shop (newspaper all over the windows etc) but there are plenty of others around.

BMWST?
20th June 2009, 10:51
I picked Matt up from the airport,and we went and had a nice breakfast at the Hotel Inercontinental,most cafes open much later than 7 am .We had a good yarn and I dropped him off at Motorad where his "new" bike was parked all ready foor him.I had a gander at some more gravel freindly tyres,and with the weather clearing ,said my goodbyes..Matt has a whole weekend road trip.I will let him tell the story from now on.

BMWST?
20th June 2009, 10:53
Just an FYI - I work near there and I think the cafe (Aioli) has shut up shop (newspaper all over the windows etc) but there are plenty of others around.

thats a pity used to be a good little place for a quiet coffee or lunch whilst shopping or waiting for new tyres etc...

RantyDave
20th June 2009, 18:44
OOOohhhhhh. I rode past this morning and there was something very new and, let's say, Triumphant sitting outside. I wonder if that was it.....

Dave

Devil
20th June 2009, 21:56
OOOohhhhhh. I rode past this morning and there was something very new and, let's say, Triumphant sitting outside. I wonder if that was it.....

Dave

Nope, unless you saw something white and fucking gigantic! hah
Long day for me. Up at 4:30am to get my 6am flight. Cheers to BMWST for picking me up!
Jumped on the new toy, almost couldn't get it off the sidestand with a full tank of gas and me on tip toes! Then rode it back to AKL!

I'm knackered.

1 degree and rain on the desert rd, but luckily 7 degrees and dry at the dodgy north end!

Pics tomorrow after i've cleaned it!

BMWST?
20th June 2009, 22:04
no worries matt.Your enthusiasm and excitement were a great pick up at what the hell am i doing this for on a cold wet coffeeless morning.The scrum at the drop off point was amusing.

TOTO
20th June 2009, 22:21
au congrats Matt. Lets see it :woohoo:

fergie
21st June 2009, 11:52
Well Matt by my reckoning it's to:2thumbsupmorrow already,pics please!

RantyDave
21st June 2009, 13:44
Nope, unless you saw something white and fucking gigantic!
Ahhh, shame. It was my first sighting of a Street Triple R in the wild. Pics!!!

Dave

6ft5
21st June 2009, 19:50
yeah where are the pics :whistle:

Devil
22nd June 2009, 08:11
Heh, sorry guys. Didn't get around to taking pics. Was too busy riding! hah.
I'll start a thread soon with details.

Gremlin
22nd June 2009, 16:16
He might have to take a panoramic shot to get the whole thing into one picture... :lol:

And to think he hassled my bike for being large... well, add 200cc, 30+ kg...

He won't have to put his feet down at lights though, just wedge it between the cars at the front :2thumbsup