PDA

View Full Version : Nice Husaberg Adventure Bike - Ready to ride

Waihou Thumper
19th June 2009, 17:40
This is a great bike, it is fitted with a 17 litre Clarke tank and has the ability for the extra bottles on the back,(not included but can be sold if wanting them giving you over 430Km range) giving it a range of nearly 380Km if required...
I have the Touratech plate on the back for luggage and it has hard wired the GPS connector for the Garmin 60Cx.
The GPS holder will not come with the bike.
It doesn't drain the battery as it only runs when the bike is going. I can remove this if you don't have this version model of Garmin. No issue there.
The bike comes with the original shrouds, the tank which is a 10.5 litre.
It starts well every time and I haven't had the need to use the kicker yet! I do to start sometimes, very easy, not like the XR650 bike..
Just use the choke to start, run it for a few seconds and then let it idle, the idling on these machines are quite high.
It is set up for road/trails riding with a 16 tooth and 48 on the back.
The Husaberg cruises well at highway speeds with the Shinko tyres on it, these are due for replacement soon.
It can reach the dizzy speeds of 150kph easily and you better hold on as the high mudguard acts as a scoop and can be a little unesy for the unaware. At 120kph it is nice and steady, on the tracks it behaves like the Enduro it has the pedigree for.
I have taken this on the Traverse a number of times and it is a doddle with the bike and even has made my riding better on these terrains when I get the big KTM out of hiding.
As you can see it has a genuine bash plate under the bike, it does have a few scratches but overall it is tidy, very reliable and even comfortable as you can stand on the pegs with ease to relax the back on those longer rides.
I have managed rides in excess of 500Km with ease on this and with rest stops it is a fun dual purpose with loads of gas to explore all over NZ, it will do 380Km until nearly empty.
Parts are easy with KTM at the helm and servicing is a doddle with help from Husaberg.com if needed. I change the oil regularly and it holds 1 litre and can be done in a few minutes, the air filter is very accessible too.
The manual I have as a PDF and can source parts locally from Husqvarna or KTM as they are stamped KTM under plastics and other places now.
It is currently warranted and registered, infact as I recall it is registered as a 2008, which means warrants every 12 months for a few years.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or call me on 078844463 or 0277333322.
Thanks for looking, you will not be disappointed, it moves well and is reliable as, truely!
I am looking at gathering funds for another project, that is all....

Mark 078844463 or 0277333322 - Not very negotiable on price, make me an offer! the Clarke tank was over $1000 with decals, the touratech plate wasn't cheap, nor were the other attachments, bash plate, GPS fitting, Ego Hand Guards, but hey, lets have a chat!
You will be getting a great dual Purpose I assure you...$4800

I will throw in bucket loads of spares, tons in fact. I have another Husaberg frame, wheels, engine, forks, wiring, lights, speedo etc etc... all the bits to make another bike. The engine will need repair, I think it is a gearbox issue, just don't have the funds to do this. The other bike is a 2005

Waihou Thumper
19th June 2009, 17:42
I have included a few more photographs for you all..

Waihou Thumper
19th June 2009, 17:49
I will give the bike a nice clean this weekend, it is a little muddy that is all...

Thanks...

Waihou Thumper
8th September 2009, 11:35
This is a 2004 Model, all road legal, registered for the road as a farm vehicle at present. Will need updating, this is all. Warrant valid, reg until April 2010.

Waihou Thumper
16th September 2009, 11:27
Bumpity bump this sucker.....

Waihou Thumper
16th September 2009, 18:44
I have dropped the price...Come on guys, this is an awesome adventure bike....
:2thumbsup

nallac
16th September 2009, 19:44
cool bike..i wish i had the dosh for it.

Waihou Thumper
16th September 2009, 20:18
from the sale.....:(
Anyway.....Thanks...:2thumbsup

K9OFSTRIKEX
30th September 2009, 17:13
Howdy,

I just moved down here from the States and have somewhat accidentally landed in Auckland. I had a car I bought junk out on me almost immediately and am now caught in a motor vehicle dispute over it, but still needing transportation and finally able to put my belongings somewhere other than my back it is time to get a bike.

I am interested in the two you have listed but have several questions about the bikes but am unable to use the PM function on this site since I am brand new, can you PM me?

Waihou Thumper
30th September 2009, 17:32
Welcome...I have the one now...2004, big tank, really good condition.
380km tank range...Touratech plate, good battery and brand new tyres....Just ridden 80 metres home...lol
Mark

I sold one of them....:2thumbsup

K9OFSTRIKEX
30th September 2009, 17:40
Lol, a whole 80meters?! What a dynamo! I'm almost sold already! ;)

Congrats on getting rid of the one. Just to be clear, the one you still have is the fully operational bike, correct?

Waihou Thumper
30th September 2009, 17:46
Yes, this machine is totally road legal, Warrant runs out next week actually. I have been using it for a commute and the odd adventure ride when not using the KTM.
It is registered for farm use at present, it is cheaper to do in the winter...
I can reg it for the road in a jiffy, it is a matter ot filling in a form and paying, that is all...
No issues with the bike at all, pulls like a train and will hit good highway speeds in comfort. If you can hang on, it will do 150-165kph easy....
Very light bike, good wheels, brakes etc...regular oil changes every 7-10 hours...