WHERE: Clevedon Shell on main drag*

WHEN: Saturday 1st November 2003
Meet at Clevedon- 9:30am, depart around 9:50am

WHO: All KB'ers/KB'ers mates + Extras picked up along the way

Why: BECAUSE WE CAN!!!

Stop at Kaiaua, and at Kopu (gas etc)

Stop of Coromandel (Lunch)

Stop back at Kopu on way back out of Coro P

Either come back through Hunua (first turn after Maungatawhiri) or go striaght through to Bombay and back down motorway
Map of route to be taken (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12963#post12963)

the shell is on the main drag thru clevedon and i will probably be @ autobahn cafe gassing up at around 8:30am-9:00am, if any riders dont know the way they could PM me and meet there to start with, im talking about the autobahn cafe before the drury exit on SH1

wkid_one
14th October 2003, 20:47
Auckland - Clevedon - Kawakawa Bay - Kaiaua - Miranda - Kopu - Whitianga - Coromandel - Thames - Kopu - Miranda - Maungatawhiri - Hunua - Clevedon - Auckland

As many, eg CK, will attest that is a good days ride - looking at just over 400km I think - suggest stopping at Kaiaua, Kopu, Coromandel, again at Kopu and then home.  Nice lunch in Coromandel - nice roads apart from main drag stint from Miranda to Kopu - but it isn't too long.

On a nice day you get a good view from the top of the hill back to Kaiaua

Sheep Dags
14th October 2003, 22:03
hey i'm keen! keen to meet some of you guys! :P

don't know what kind of pace you set though :| - i might be a bit slow being a newbie and all

Antallica
14th October 2003, 22:29
400km ride you say... hmm I dunno about that.

Probably, it's not like I am bound to work 24/7.

aff-man
15th October 2003, 09:16
I'm in hmmmmm even if i am slow  , could be fun streching the zxr's legs over the coromandel :p :p

duckman
15th October 2003, 10:26
Ahhh Bugger!! I'm off down to Roto-Vegas that weekend.

Ah well perhaps next time??

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Coldkiwi
15th October 2003, 11:20
Sounds awesome. Although, my usual pillion passenger doesn't like rides that are too long. I.e One hour is enough. Any longer and she needs a good break before getting back on. (before I get flamed for not telling her to get hard you should know a) she's my g/f and b) i want to help develop her interest in bikes not put her off it!)

Still, she may be working that day...

and I may have a new machine to play with....  :niceone:

duckman
15th October 2003, 11:46
Would that be a ZX9R per chance Richard ???

:niceone:

SPman
15th October 2003, 14:12
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
     and I may have a new machine to play with....  :niceone:

Another one!

Obviously they pay you young engineers waaay too much!:cool:

Firefight
15th October 2003, 15:59
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
This post was put up to put together a ride... Saturday 1st November.. Would like an approx 400km ride,a nice turnout would be kool too*..possibly yet another Coramandel run

don't normally plan that far in advance, but when you talk about coramandel, Fuc# yeah I'am in , done it about 6-7 times great ride
I think Big Dog was keen to do it again.:cool: Plus I finally got the new back tyre for the R6 today, so I;ll be looking to do a ride this Friday, see separate thread.

firefight:rockon:

Marmoot
15th October 2003, 16:25
Been to Kawakawa-Kaiaua road 'couple of weeks back, in the cage in the wee morning hours. Apparently, during the big downpours recently there was significant washouts and clay from the cliffsides around the waterfront road (near kaiaua). In one spot it even covered the whole roadwide. That makes me car look like a proper rally car, and McRae's look like kindergarten gokart.
Watchout for clay!

I do hope they have cleaned it out, though. It is a good road.

Big Dog
15th October 2003, 17:18
Hell yeah I'm in, have to be after 10am though as I have month end reports to do on the first of each month.

That is one sexy set of twisties btween Whitianga and Coromandel...... Just a shame my skills don't do them justice still it being an 1100 there must be at least one rookie on a 150 I will be able to keep up with....:o

Firefight
15th October 2003, 18:28
Hey Big Dog, don;t sell your self sort, we had a great day when you & I did that run, remeber it was a bit wet !, we still had a bloody good day, and your right about those twistys..

Big Dog
15th October 2003, 22:05
Originally posted by Firefight
Hey Big Dog, don;t sell your self sort, we had a great day when you & I did that run, remeber it was a bit wet !, we still had a bloody good day, and your right about those twistys..

2 points:
1) I lack the confidence of youth ... or is it just that this is my only mode of transport?:o
2) Set the bar low then it's easy to beat other peoples expectations:done:

Sharkey
16th October 2003, 07:37
Keen as in principle. Need to make sure the bike is back on the road properly - it will be my first big ride since crashing in February!!

Cajun
16th October 2003, 07:45
Might head up that way and catch up with some of ya guys, meet ya in Whitianga and go thru the kopu some nice rights for my big 1100.

And then head home back to tauranga

Jackrat
16th October 2003, 09:32
Sounds like a good one,Should be able to take in the moon light road between Papakura an clevedon.Short stretch but :cool: .
Where would you meet around Papakura,cause thats where I will
hook up.Looks like we could end up with a fast group an a not so fast group.I make anybody look fast an it bothers me,Not at all.

:niceone: :rockon: :D :D :D

Coldkiwi
16th October 2003, 11:34
Originally posted by duckman
Would that be a ZX9R per chance Richard ???

:niceone:

nope.. couldn't justify stretching the budget that much on a 2nd hand bike.

I'll let ya know when I get it (couple of weeks I think) :) (its not here yet.. sodding ships are too damn slow!)

Kwaka-Kid
16th October 2003, 15:41
k guys.. now its just times... somthing like 9AM LEAVE from Autobahn cafe (just off the motorway, not the one on drury exit) ... so ill b there around 8:30am... sound good? can somebody please give us a route like wkid but on a map or somthing? online map pasted? then its just a matter of highlighting the stop points and just a vauge approx time of when we will b there. sweeeeeet! over and out.

Firefight
16th October 2003, 19:00
k guys.. now its just times... somthing like 9AM LEAVE from Autobahn cafe

Hey Logan if your going to do Clevdon-Kawakawa-Kaiau -miranada,etc it may pay to come off B4 papakura, and avoid Autobahn this will save back tracking, know the route well, but need a computer whizz type to put the map up,, which is likely to be every other person on this site excluding me: :angry2: maybe wkid can do it for us as he heads to his second thousand post goal:cool:
cheers firefight:rockon:

Big Dog
16th October 2003, 20:18
:gob: Do you know how early I will have to get up to get my reports done on time and go down to Paps before 8.30?

:whocares: It's one hell of a good ride will make it if I can.

wkid_one
16th October 2003, 20:26
Here's the map as promised Logan:

Meet at Clevedon

Stop at Kaiaua, and at Kopu (gas etc)

Either come back through Hunua (first turn after Maungatawhiri) or go striaght through to Bombay and back down motorway

Big Dog
16th October 2003, 20:40
Originally posted by wkid_one
Here's the map as promised Logan:

Meet at Clevedon
Care to elaborate about where in Clevedon? Please note never been there before so street and landmark/business or street number will be neccessary. :o

Ta very much oh gracious organisers?

aff-man
16th October 2003, 20:51
This is looking cool but does anyone know approximatley how long it is i gotta budget gas money, man being a student sux big time

Big Dog
16th October 2003, 21:05
Originally posted by aff-man
This is looking cool but does anyone know approximatley how long it is i gotta budget gas money, man being a student sux big time

From west Auckland via Mangatawhiri instead of Clevedon it is 454kms. On the 1100 it cost me under 30 litres. Budget $40 for gas to be on the safe side:niceone:

wkid_one
16th October 2003, 21:08
The Shell in Clevedon is the best bet - big forecourt.

It is then about 45km to Kaiaua, and about 50km on to Kopu.  From there is a 50km to Coromandel and the only about 20km back out to Kpu round the other side, then 100km back to Auckland from there - from memory that is.....been a while since I rode it ( I in Welly now)

Nice roads but.

SPman
16th October 2003, 21:54

Or go through Mangatawhiri and up the ridge road to Bombay then motorway

Kwaka-Kid
17th October 2003, 04:39
hey shot! thanks heaps for that wkid.. now we can all see where we are going.. great! alright guys.. say 9am meet @ Cleavdon shell, its on the main drag (yay i know something) and leave hopefully before 9:30am.  first stop.. erm, is it kawakawa bay or somthing? the stops can be sorted out more on the day, but id really like for them to be every 80-100km or so.

Racey Rider
17th October 2003, 06:48
hey shot! thanks heaps for that wkid.. now we can all see where we are going..

But whose going to carry the computer??? :confused:

Cajun
17th October 2003, 09:08
now Racey Rider thats why you also have laptop with hookup to cellphone :(c:<

hahaha

130wide
17th October 2003, 09:23
What time will you guys be at Kopu approx?

750Y
17th October 2003, 20:39
by the sounds of it they'll be leaving clevedon by 9:30 so that means they'll be at Kopu around 10:30ish by my calculations.

BigB
18th October 2003, 08:32
I'm in

Haven't been on a decent ride in ages.

see you there

:beer:

bikerboy
18th October 2003, 10:46
Sounds like a great ride. I hope the start point isn't an omen for the ride.
Every time we meet at Clevedon I have flash backs to the Paeroa race ride, my first KB outing:(

Everyone be sure to take care and not try to race or ride beyond their comfort zone. There will be plenty of stops and opportunities to catch up to the main group.

Let's make sure the "leaders" or rather those ahead who know the way wait at the appropriate points so others know where to go without trying to "keep up" :beer:

Here's hoping the weather is great and KK's emergence into ride planner is a great success.:eek:

Kwaka-Kid
18th October 2003, 14:22
thanks bikerboy.. and yeah i have the same thoughts.. its weird, i feel all odd about those things, the whole day that was the only thing that ran thru my head, and i cudnt concentrate or anythin, just kept tingling my spine.. felt so bad about it all, yuck. anyways that aside.. If your Reading this spank - hows about giving me some access to post news? or could someone else please post up the following details in a new NEWS thread..-------------==========---------

WHAT: KB Meetup/Rideout!

WHERE: Clevedon Shell on main drag*

WHEN: Saturday 1st November 2003
Meet at Clevedon

WHO: All KB'ers/KB'ers mates + Extras picked up along the way

Why: BECAUSE WE CAN!!!

*Stop at Kaiaua, and at Kopu (gas etc)

One last thought guys, if Spankme gets a few stickers ready in time, how about make it a $5-$10 donation ride or somthing? + with every donation around that you get a free KB Sticker? JUST an idea.

Antallica
18th October 2003, 14:47
So how long is this ride in total?

wkid_one
18th October 2003, 15:35
About 400km from Clevedon

PZR
18th October 2003, 20:49
I'm in, see you there guys. Clevedom 9.30 1st November
Looking forward to it:rockon:
PZR

wkid_one
18th October 2003, 20:55
Have fun

:(

PZR
18th October 2003, 22:50
Have fun

:(

Geez WKID you are going to have to get up really early to be there by 9.30
Sorry I do not get to meet you

Shade
19th October 2003, 09:47
If im not working i'll be there too.

Would be nice to grab some riding tips of some of the pro's out there :)

Seeyah!

Shade.

Kwaka-Kid
19th October 2003, 12:30
great! good to see some of the newer members keen to come along... so mitch - will you be bringing this new beast of yours?

Frenzal
19th October 2003, 14:16
I suppose if all new members have to come I'll be seeing ya there. Just ride really slow though because I'm not a very fast runner :( ;)
Maybe halfway through one of you could sell me a bike and then teach me how to ride it :D

wkid_one
19th October 2003, 14:44
Went for my own ride - fucked shoulder and all - and what a blinder.

Wellington put on a perfect day after my 2.5 week hiatus from riding (shhhh - don't tell the surgeon)

So after plenty of kissing up to rescue the bike key from she who must be obeyed - I secured myself upon my R1.

Being somewhat considerate of the shoulder - I decided only to go to the top of the hill and back - however I found that the speed increased, and the knee found contact with the ground eventually - even tho I promised to 'take it easy'.

Still - not as fun as riding in a group - but it will do for now....I hope next week is fine.....

Slim
20th October 2003, 15:57
I am actually not working :shit: so I plan to meet you guys at the Kopu pub at about 10:30ish.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

SPman
20th October 2003, 17:39
Well I'll be in Wellington - in the van..:(  ..but...:) , I'm going to take the bike with me! So if its fine, might get a ride with Dan - never been over the hill...:)

Big Dog
20th October 2003, 18:18
So the van would be to bring the bikes up and sleep in when you get there?:D

wkid_one
20th October 2003, 18:19
Waaa hoo - the more the merrier!!!

Kwaka-Kid
20th October 2003, 18:35
the exact thing every man would love to hear his missus say...

Big Dog
20th October 2003, 19:08
the exact thing every man would love to hear his missus say...

LMAO

But my favorite is still "go for a ride hon. I've got housework to do and you'll just get in the way."

Goddess of Goof
22nd October 2003, 23:25
Originally posted by Big Dog
But my favorite is still "go for a ride hon. I've got housework to do and you'll just get in the way."

:D

and you BELIEVE that ?  

If I ever said that to my ex-hubby, it'd have been so's I could

# move the furniture around (he hated that) or # clear out the garage or # go shopping or # please myself anyhow........  Great idea for a ride -  

I'll be in Christchurch visiting family, driving little rental car :(   

have a great day everyone and keep steady.

BestFun

Big Dog
23rd October 2003, 21:12
Originally posted by BestFun

and you BELIEVE that ?  

If I ever said that to my ex-hubby, it'd have been so's I could

# move the furniture around (he hated that) or # clear out the garage or # go shopping or # please myself anyhow......BestFun

Let this be a warning to those with hubbies they would like to keep! lmao

Mad taff
24th October 2003, 16:53
Sounds like a cool day out guys, count me in :)

Big Dog
24th October 2003, 16:58
Originally posted by Mad taff
Sounds like a cool day out guys, count me in :)

Somebody got a little ex, ex, excited. on that one lol:shit:

Antallica
24th October 2003, 19:48
*grins @ borrowed '89 FZR250*

Gettin my ass to Waipu tomorrow :beer:

Goddess of Goof
25th October 2003, 01:02
Let this be a warning to those with hubbies they would like to keep! lmao

don't move zee furniture   :p

nah, my ex intensely disliked motorcycles.

Hence, ex.  

Big Dog
26th October 2003, 15:32
Tru that.

Several have hit the road because I wasn't allowed to.

Funny really when you consider they all knew in advance:o lol

BigB
27th October 2003, 09:58
Hi All

I took a trip out though Kawa Kawa bay yesterday and some of the road conditions aren't good.

As you come out of Kawa kawa bay and start up the first twisty bit up the hill, they have been doing road works cutting away the inside banks on the corners. This means there is crap on the corners and the road serface is rough.:argh:

Then as come out of Matingarahi bay be very careful as half of the road has subsided into the beach and is down to one lane. You have to give way going south and it pays to as we found out as the traffic coming the other way come round a blind left hander to find only one lane. There have also been large slips that have left crap on the road and if wet will be very slipery.

But apart from those two areas the rest of the run was fine and a great ride as per usual.

look forward to seeing everyone next week

cheers

:done:

Big Dog
27th October 2003, 14:45
:argh: at least you got to go for a ride this weekend. Other than absolutley neccessary I have been prevented from riding by a seized rear calliper:angry2:

You never realise how much you actually use the rear brake until you can't use it.:brick:

Easier mind than hitching:niceone:

Gets an overhaul tuesday:D

Yes I know how to overhaul but my tools got stolen :angry2: a couple of years ago and I don't have the neccessary sprays.:angry2:

SpankMe
28th October 2003, 11:08
So whats the deal if the weather is shite, as it's starting to look like it may be. Postpone it for a week ?

750Y
28th October 2003, 11:41
any cruisy riders/riders with pillions going along? or is it hard core thrash from whoa to go?

Motoracer
28th October 2003, 11:46
I think I might make my first appearance on a kiwibiker ride for a nice mellow cruise about. Hopefully the weather next week will be as good as the labourweekend.

I really had sworn to my self to never ride on the road again after having a look at the "bike crash" post but the temptation is probably greater than the possible dangers out there...

babyB
28th October 2003, 12:26
way cool guys

ill start trying to get baby-sitter. if i can, ill be at Kupo pub round 10.30 ish

SPman
28th October 2003, 12:41
Originally posted by Motoracer

I really had sworn to my self to never ride on the road again after having a look at the "bike crash" post but the temptation is probably greater than the possible dangers out there...

Life is dangerous and if we worried about all the things that "could" happen, we'd never get out of bed!

Anyway, if it does happen, you'll be dead and won't know squat....:eek:

Big Dog
28th October 2003, 16:12
Originally posted by 750Y
any cruisy riders/riders with pillions going along? or is it hard core thrash from whoa to go?

Well this nana's going!

Kwaka-Kid
28th October 2003, 16:26
yep... guys if we hear the weather is going to be badISH even on friday, everybody check here as i will call it :D but still do it all of you keen ones, i still might in pouring rain -alone.  but yeah, the following weekend, if not that, then skip the next because its a race weekend ;) and so on after that.. :D no problemo

wkid_one
28th October 2003, 19:07
:argh: at least you got to go for a ride this weekend. Other than absolutley neccessary I have been prevented from riding by a seized rear calliper:angry2:

You never realise how much you actually use the rear brake until you can't use it.:brick:

Easier mind than hitching:niceone:

Gets an overhaul tuesday:D

Yes I know how to overhaul but my tools got stolen :angry2: a couple of years ago and I don't have the neccessary sprays.:angry2:

Can't honestly say I use my rear brake a great deal at all.

wkid_one
28th October 2003, 19:09
http://www.metvuw.com/

Check this site out - best weather site around

Kwaka-Kid
28th October 2003, 20:46
heeeey guys bugger... looks like i might not be able to come for full ride now... just talked with my mate sarah and she starts work @ 4pm i think, which means id have to be back in auckland by 3.. its either that or ditch her which she *SAYS* she doesnt mind (but you know, im sure its one of those woman things where they say its okay when it isnt? like when they say they are fine when they aint? and ive fallen for that too many times to have not learnt.. but maybe one more would be convineint? HAHA!) nah yeha, so sounds like that might be me, might be doing half the tour say up untill wherever lunch is then jetting back to aucks, if this is so then any riders who feel the 400-450km ride is a bit long are more then welcome to join me and just do a half-dayer.

cheers guys, well at least you know it will now be a peaceful 2nd half of day @ the stops. :)

Andrew
28th October 2003, 21:32
If I go It'll be only for a half day. I have so much work on at the moment, riding seems the last thing on my mind. Kinda sad really. :(

Slim
28th October 2003, 22:09
Originally posted by Andrew
If I go It'll be only for a half day. I have so much work on at the moment, riding seems the last thing on my mind. Kinda sad really. :(
Which must mean that you really need this rideout to recharge your batteries. :D

As far as I can tell, the weather should be looking up for the weekend?

GPz
29th October 2003, 09:27
there will be a few from the BOP rain or shine

meet Kopu 10:30 ish

aff-man
29th October 2003, 13:12
Well KK just see how she enjoys it i bet you could talk her into pulling a sicky after the first 150km or so :p :p . I am also a slow bugger who doesn't want tickets (110kmh rider...................most of the time:D )

bikerboy
29th October 2003, 15:08
Can't believe the ORGANIZER of this event can't go the whole route because some "girlie he's taking wants to be home early"

If, as you claim, she is just a good mate she shouldn't tag along if she can't do the whole thing. And if she is a serious prospect, what future do you have if the riding restrictions are already being laid down?

Look mate, you picked the route, the date, and the girl. Sort your priorities out or stay home.:argh:

750Y
29th October 2003, 15:31
lmao.

Big Dog
29th October 2003, 19:28
Can't honestly say I use my rear brake a great deal at all.

Thats what the mechanic said. In the wet though I don't like to sacrifice 25% of my braking power!

Especially on a 15 year old bike, pulling up 150+kgs:shit:

Oh well all good now. All set. I'm in for overcast, fine or intermittent showers!

How about all us westies meet up at waterview caltex (opposite Motat)? 845am?

Big Dog
29th October 2003, 19:31
How about all us westies meet up at waterview caltex (opposite Motat)? 845am?

Ps then KKcould go home at the halfway point Clevedon.:bash: :disapint: :doh:

Kwaka-Kid
29th October 2003, 22:19
Originally posted by bikerboy
Can't believe the ORGANIZER of this event can't go the whole route because some "girlie he's taking wants to be home early"

If, as you claim, she is just a good mate she shouldn't tag along if she can't do the whole thing. And if she is a serious prospect, what future do you have if the riding restrictions are already being laid down?

Look mate, you picked the route, the date, and the girl. Sort your priorities out or stay home.:argh:

aww cmon man!!! dont do this to me... dont put me in this position.. :( she is definatly not a prospect, JUST a friend, but like, a good one at that and i said she could come.. aww man, argh, i was also considering dropping out earlier and heading to katikati as her car is left there still having the engine switch done and i was going to give the dude a hand...feck.. maan, i wanna do the whole ride so bad! and p.s I am NOT the organiser... we all just randomly met up on a very common ride route etc... ;) :2thumbsup:  bah..

Slim
30th October 2003, 04:21
I'm sorry KK, but the man does have a good point. :yes:

Anyone else heading from Hamilton/Cambridge area to Kopu?

Motu
30th October 2003, 07:12
Pussy whipped! that sucks man,you shouldn't be riding a bike with that sort of attitude - well,maybe a Harley if all you think about is what the girls will say.The boys say - WIMP!

Mitch
30th October 2003, 07:24
LMAO BB you are such a bitch sometimes hehe :p KK your ass appears to be back on the block hun :2thumbsup

I am trying to get my bike on the dyno before Nov 16th meeting and Sat might be the day.  Will try and get there but nothing is certain.

If I don't make it have a blast guys  :niceone:

georgedubyabush
30th October 2003, 09:23
aww cmon man!!! dont do this to me... dont put me in this position.. :( she is definatly not a prospect, JUST a friend, but like, a good one at that

Ah... Shot down huh? bugger. bad luck

reading

aff-man
30th October 2003, 09:24
BB is right though unless there is a prospect there and a definite "reason" for heading back early i'm sure she'll understand. Hell i have to say no to haning out with mates all the time to go riding.  :Oops: :D :D

Big Dog
30th October 2003, 13:33
Originally posted by Motu
Pussy whipped!

:confused2 And the worst bit is he ait even getting what he whipped by!:doh: :no: :buggerd:

Kwaka-Kid
30th October 2003, 15:06
shitshitshitshit shit!! haha, damn, feck, well firstly, Mitch you must come!!! secondly, how come aff-man can leave early without abuse? and thirdly.. hmm damn, well i wont make her pull a sicky @ all, bad work ethic, so that only leaves leaving her back... thats harsh man.. so harsh, but i spose it kinda can be done, argh im sure she was looking forward to it, but yeah she may wanna pull a sicky but i sure as hell wont let her! sickys are there ONLY for racing!!!   BTW NOVEMBER 16th is the middle day of my FIVE DAY WEEKEND!! shot eh... one lieu day for working Labour day (+double time) in the middle of 2 sets of days off... fuckme my boss must want me to race or somthing!

Motoracer
30th October 2003, 15:31
How about her comming with you and going back with aff-man then? I wouldn't mind but I don't have a pillion seat, damn single seaters! Or wont she trust strangers?

SpankMe
30th October 2003, 15:37
<span class="pagenumstatic">Long&nbsp;Range&nbsp;Forecast</span>

Saturday:
For the North Island, mostly fine during the day, but cloud increasing in northern and western districts in the afternoon and rain developing there from evening.

750Y
30th October 2003, 15:53
hmmm. Even tho this is funny(watching you toiling over this decision), man I'd never put a ride(or peer pressure) before my good friends. Stand up for what's important to You. Man I'd take her halfway(whitianga/Whangamata) & come back. You both get a good ride, She gets to work, You build the friendship, the kb-ers gets to give you shit for the next month, the universe returns to normal.

Coldkiwi
30th October 2003, 17:10
I'm with 750.

Yes we will give you a hard time (and rightly so) but if she's your 'good friend' then spend time with her.There will be another ride soon enough and riding solo is a pretty self absorbing past time any way.

(don't worry, I wouldn't tell this pack of mongrels if I was ever taking a prospective date out on a ride either.. think of all the crap you'd get... not worth it. Stick with your story about her being a good friend. I won't tell anyone otherwise) :D

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

bikerboy
30th October 2003, 17:37
Man , what's all this crap about friends, other rides.?:o

The dude picked the date to suit him, then checked with us. The thing was his idea to raise money for the site. It's been in the planning for ages.

Now what kind of friend says I want to participate in this event with you but i can't take the time off work on that day, knowing well in advance the date, so you can't fully enjoy it or I'll be hurt, boohoo hoo.

The girl should have sorted herself out, and if not capable, KK should be Man enough to say, sorry babe but I organized this and SHOULD see it through, sorry if you can't go but there will be other rides!

End of storey, mate.:argh:

A real friend would not put you in such a situation and if they did, certainly wouldn't pressure you into backing out. Shes got him twisted round that finger tight as a guitar string and he isn't EVEN dating her.:eek:

PZR
30th October 2003, 17:39
I am sorry to say that I will not be able to come after all. My fork seals started leaking badly when I went riding yesterday so I pulled them apart and I doubt I will get it all back together in time so I will have to give it a miss this Saturday. I also have big weekend next week as some friends and I are renting Taupo racetrack for the day and Brian Bernard is coming along to tell us how to avoid killing ourselves so I need to get the bike ready for that. I am also hoping to get my other motor back in time and back in the bike before we go away (read 3 days away on the bikes) so I will actually have a bit more horsepower for Taupo. So it will be a full on week working on the bike and I will not get to meet y'all.
But have a great ride and do not have to come home in a cage with big rear doors and flashing lights
I will see you on the next K B run I hope.
Cheers
PZR:2thumbsup

Kwaka-Kid
30th October 2003, 17:43
OHHKAAY!&nbsp; i know you all only fight me with the big denial thing.. but ask her urself on saturday, -FRIENDS- i have known her since i was 7!!&nbsp; also the fact that if i&nbsp;wanted more then that.. Firstly: i Quote "Once you go black you never go back".(so sorry Andrew, about hte whole biker he seeking thing). Secondly&nbsp;shes too kool&nbsp;:2thumbsup: and i cant come myself&nbsp;coz&nbsp;if i didnt take her id prolly take Ur_Most_Wanted as he has got MAJOR motorcycle withdrawal going on after no bike for the last 3months. About Aff-Man taking her home, its not that she would mind going on the back with strangers, its that i wouldnt let her on the back with strangers :)&nbsp; not just because im like an over-protective father to her (heh sarah if u read this send the link to ben) but because im on good terms with her olds atm and im sure they would not appriciate it :oaint i caring!:rolleyes: /me hopes they read that bit!:cool:)

and 750Y im with you dude, i love the shit kicked up on this forum, id hate for there to be nothing to sling shit about even for a second.

Kwaka-Kid
30th October 2003, 21:17

A real friend would not put you in such a situation and if they did, certainly wouldn't pressure you into backing out. Shes got him twisted round that finger tight as a guitar string and he isn't EVEN dating her.:eek:

hmmm, you raise many a good point :)

OK THATS IT! i just sent the txt of doom :) heh, well sarah sorry babe but we can do our own ride sunday - anybody keen for a shorty ?&nbsp;anywhere jsut for an hour or so...

and ALSO: DONATIONS ARE WELCOME... I myself will be bringing along a blue bill with SpankMe's name all over it... in the hope that i get just 1 sticker out of it in the near future :) if everyone did somthing alike, hey im sure $5 or anything is better then nothing from a majority of us, its not an unrealistic goal.

babyB
30th October 2003, 21:33
well i got me babysitter so if the weather holds ill see ya all at Kopu

could ya tell me which way round&nbsp; the coro loop ya going (clockwise or anticlockwise)

wot time ya plannin lunch &amp; is it at coromandel

OOPS Never mind i just read it.lol

ill have $$ with spank mes name on it

cheers

Motoracer
30th October 2003, 21:37
ohhh man... I was looking forward to meeting this chick (as I am sure most of us were) :disapint:

Andrew
30th October 2003, 21:43
Man , what's all this crap about friends, other rides.?:o

The dude picked the date to suit him, then checked with us. The thing was his idea to raise money for the site. It's been in the planning for ages.

Now what kind of friend says I want to participate in this event with you but i can't take the time off work on that day, knowing well in advance the date, so you can't fully enjoy it or I'll be hurt, boohoo hoo.

The girl should have sorted herself out, and if not capable, KK should be Man enough to say, sorry babe but I organized this and SHOULD see it through, sorry if you can't go but there will be other rides!

End of storey, mate.:argh:

You gave in to Psycological Warfare!! Can't you see, BB is just playing games with you just for his own entertainment. You have to do what you think is best, don't be brain washed. You will do whats right for you, and you will bring Sarah!

Kwaka-Kid
30th October 2003, 21:44
hahahaha!! motoracer careful buddy ;) i am still the protective father... but sombody make the call, i sent the doomed txt already but can pull out, i really actually like the idea of going it alone.. then a ride on sunday.. i will have done oil change then, and isnt there like a rule that you must go for a ride within 24hours of an oil change just to wear the oil into the motor properly? :p if there wasnt there is now... whos keen and where to?

EDIT: oh and motoracer, im sure u have prolly met her already? often caught beside me @ pukekohe raceway putting on my helmet, gloves, boots... hell i just stand there and have everything done for me! just like mummy wud...if not shes bound 2 be at the november 16th AMCC race meeting, as my last 2 she wasnt there to kit me up, i had so much trouble and too much on my mind of how to get it all off again that when the green flag was waved i was still standing flat footed in neutral thinking "why the fuck is everybody revving there engines so hard?" -that was the 2nd time id done that too.. feck its embarrasing and i bet its going to happen again... god help me find that man with the green flag on the first race of each event!

GPz
31st October 2003, 08:12
so is anyone actually going to make it on Saturday.

I'll be at Kopu 1030 with a couple of others, 130wide and anyone else from BOP

If there's no one else coming we'll let you know hoe the ride went.

GPz
31st October 2003, 08:19
sorry about the spelling it meant to say "how the ride went"

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 09:04
lol...Sweet as dude, I'll go with Andrew on this one and let you decide whats best. See ya all out there. :)

Motu
31st October 2003, 09:54
Very sorry guys,but it looks like I won't be able to make it on the ride after all - just got out my riding gear to give it a once over and discovered I haven't cleaned my boots since the last ride :o

Well....so that's it then - sorry guys.

MikeL
31st October 2003, 10:30
And I may not be able to make it either coz my cat's not too well and he gets really lonely and...

Seriously, KK, don't overreact to what is just some good-natured ribbing. You do what you feel is right. After all, there will be plenty of other chances to ride, but maintaining a good relationship (of whatever type) requires tact, sensitivity and the willingness to compromise or sacrifice things at times.

As for me, I'll be there come hell or high water.

Well, not if the water is too deep...

Coldkiwi
31st October 2003, 12:02
I may not make it to clevedon for 9:30 but I will aim to be at Kopu by 10:30. I have some urgnet shopping to do before&nbsp;I go and I'll take the back way via hunua at warp 7 to get there on timeish... (warp 8 and 9 are reserved for people like Andy that know the road better than me!) failing that, i'll continue on till I catch up with the tail!

No changing the route ok!?

wicked :)

Coldkiwi
31st October 2003, 12:07
and we're definitely going anti-clockwise round the peninsula aren't we?

*packs leathers, rainsuit, sunscreen, and summer/winter gloves* ...freakin weather!

Kwaka-Kid
31st October 2003, 15:00
what? anti clockwise? whoops, i thought it was clockwise!! HAHA!mybad, i dont even know where we are going, sheesh

well i will be alone, and enjoying the full ride. fuck yes my brothers. this is it, ill clean my bike in a min.

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 15:09
but..but.. isnt clockwise better?:confused:

Motoracer
31st October 2003, 15:11
Oooops, I just got confused there. I definetly prefer anti-clockwise. :Oops:

bikerboy
31st October 2003, 15:16
Andrew you are only btaking that view point in hopes of meeting her, but DO you REALLY think he is going to LET anyone NEAR her.:(

The man's obviously in lurv, :o and denial big time or why the big performance?

And CK, just because i'm slow does not mean i'll be easily caught by some late starting new bike riding........:D :D

I've got a big night planned for Friday, uh today or er tonight so i may not be there.:o

but hope so.:2thumbsup

Firefight
31st October 2003, 15:26
Originally posted by Motoracer
but..but.. isnt clockwise better?:confused:

Yes its heaps better, but best to go with the majority:confused:

firefight:cool:

Big Dog
31st October 2003, 18:56
I agree with the anticlockwise thing, that way if you get a little stiff halfway you have already done the technical part.

:2thumbsup

wkid_one
31st October 2003, 19:18
Eithers good - depends if you like uphill or downhill - going up the Kopu'Hikawais is gr8 - plenty of corners to get your bike right over - I prefer anti-clockwise.&nbsp; It also depends on time - if you are going to be at Kopu at 10.30am - you don't won't to go clockwise - as it is a pretty short ride to Coromandel and you will be there early for lunch.

Kwaka-Kid
31st October 2003, 19:25
sweet, anti-clockwise it is!! just show me the way, i will DEFINATLY be at the back, but my excuse is i will be watching over the slower ones *myself* cough cough. anyways, BB dude u got it all wrong :) but thats okay, everyone thinks it anyways so u just get used to it.&nbsp;&nbsp;and THE CALL for tonite is: ALL GO GO GO i will be at AUTOBAHN CAFE @ approx 8:50, leaving @ 9ish destined for Clevedon Shell @ 9:30pm, leaving BEFORE 10am FOR SURE, approx 9:50am leave latest... its on brothers.

SpankMe
31st October 2003, 19:47
I'll try and be at the Autobahn Cafe before 9am as well.

Big Dog
31st October 2003, 20:00
Bring it on! Auto bahn 9 sounds good (never been to clevedon).

Firefight
31st October 2003, 20:36
(never been to clevedon).

Your not missing much :rolleyes:

firefight:cool:

Kwaka-Kid
1st November 2003, 05:50
&nbsp;YAAAY THE WEATHER LOOKS GOOD! WILL B @ AUTOBAHN CAFE SUB-9AM... cant WAIT! sweet freifhgt so glad we can finally catch up on a ride!!! :) its taken this long :D

MikeL
1st November 2003, 17:52
Well it's 6:45 and I'm relaxing with a beer having got back from the ride, gone to the supermarket to buy dinner, and checked up on my delinquent tenants. Was in a bit of a hurry to get back as I knew I had those things to do, so took the main road back.

What a great ride!! Best so far...:niceone:
If the worst that happened was a chain coming off we should feel pleased.
Next time we do the ride perhaps we could organize a barbecue or something at the end of it. I might even volunteer my place (if I can get my bathroom finished in time!)

BTW Firefight just in case your boss is browsing this forum I would like to publicly state how grateful we are that you got off your sick-bed at the last minute to join the ride so that the younger and less confident members of the group could benefit from your experience and guidance. Truly a wonderful example of self-sacrifice.
:p

Kwaka-Kid
1st November 2003, 18:51
STOP!

if you are about to post here... DONT!!!

post about the ride here instead.. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=1135