PDA

View Full Version : Man grips keep turning off - fixed

mowgli
22nd June 2009, 21:36
Last week, on perhaps the coldest day of the year so far, my Oxford grips failed. They'd come on then after a few seconds they'd turn off again. I picked up a replacement set today intending to identify the failed component then replace it alone. I had fingers crossed that it wasn't the throttle grip that I'd recently araldited on.

Anyway long story short the failure was simply corroded connectors fixed for a few $$ from Jaycar :2thumbsup

p.dath
22nd June 2009, 21:42
Doh! Oh well, check the basics first next time. :lol:

mowgli
22nd June 2009, 22:18
Just as well the shop agreed before hand that I could use or return the replacement set. Now, what to spend the refund on....oil and filter most likely.

The Pastor
23rd June 2009, 22:03
Just as well the shop agreed before hand that I could use or return the replacement set. Now, what to spend the refund on....oil and filter most likely.
thanks for the update bro, we all needed to know that!

What did you have for breakfast? I had porridge, it was hot n tasty.

Mschvs
24th June 2009, 09:10

I've been looking into those, probably not until next winter (as I'm broke!! haha), as I get the coldest hands when riding, even when it's warm ...

NDORFN
24th June 2009, 09:19
I've been looking into those, probably not until next winter (as I'm broke!! haha), as I get the coldest hands when riding, even when it's warm ...

You haven't even tried a decent pair of gloves yet.

mowgli
24th June 2009, 17:33
thanks for the update bro, we all needed to know that! What did you have for breakfast? I had porridge, it was hot n tasty.

Whatever!

My search of this forum found nothing similar so I posted for the benefit of noobs (like me) who might spend up unnecessarily (like I did) on something that is easily fixed with a few $$ and a soldering iron.

davebullet
24th June 2009, 18:43
I'll also add... solder wires together, then join with terminal strips. Even if the strips corrode, the solder will stop oxidation of the wires and maintain good conductivity.