PDA

View Full Version : Iraq ?

wari
12th November 2002, 20:16
It's a bit of a worry ... Do you reckon the world should start a war with them?

And whats going to happen if an invasion takes place ?

And what will happen if we dont ?

Will Beard
12th November 2002, 21:43
Nostradamus predicted a golden fire over an eastern culture. followed by a war that would last 25 years, with peace that would last 1000 years.

I see the twin towers attack as the golden fire.

I see a war with iraq & its terrorist cells as being unaviodable.

we are all well to criticise if there is loss of life that could have been stopped due to a simple thing;
ie seatbelt, road barrier, drunk driver,etc,etc.

buckle up people were in for a nasty ride if we dont act by supporting the usa & the coalition.

i want them stopped before they reach our shores, being an x soldier im in.
:bash: :angry2: dont think were imune
remember the rainbow warrior.

moko
13th November 2002, 03:17
Who set up and supported Saddam,trained his air-force,sold him the poison gas and thought it was o.k. when he was killing Iranians?,Same people who did the same for Osama,former C.I.A. operative,threw money at him,trained the Taliban(In Scotland by the S.A.S. would you believe).Hunt down the idiots who play power games in mainly Britain and the U.S. and make them explain themselves when you`re looking for bad guys,how many major conflicts since WW2 have been with people trained and armed at massive expense by the west,usually to kill others to further "our" ends,then the same ones dont do what Washington or whoever want and they spend yet more millions,get even more people killed fighting them? Examine almost any conflict anywhere and you`ll usually find meddling from the C.I.A.,MI6 or Brit/U.S. government at the end of it.the guys who trained Bin laden,backed Saddam,covertly mess around with the lives of other people normally end up with a nice fat pension while thousand die in the chaos they`ve created.
probably very controversial this but I`ll say it anyway.I reckon the australian people,if not the Government were set up by their "allies" with the experience of terrorism that we have over here the general opinion is that sending in australian troops to Afghanistan and not expecting them to hit back is incredibly naieve.The Australian government should have been prepared for,and warned it`s citizens against an act such as happened in Bali,maybe because in britain we`ve seen that kind of thing far too often we`re a lot more aware of the risk of such things.I doubt very much whether Bush and his faithful hound explained to the Aus P.M. when they asked for troops that it would make each and every Australian a target in certain eyes.
Back to Iraq,majority view here is that Bush just wants the Oil,being a great democracy like we are the P.M. in particular dosnt give a shit about what the majority want,Saddam needs sorting out but not with a massive conventional invasion,that`s just insanity and it`ll all end in tears.There`s a good chance it`ll end the political career of Tony Blair before Saddams

SpankMe
13th November 2002, 15:11
Pope Urban II arrived in France in August 1095, to see to the reform of the Church there. He sent letters from Le Puy, calling for a general Church council in November at Clermont. He spent September and October visiting and reforming in various towns, arriving in Clermont in mid-November.

The Council met 18 through 28 November, 1095 with three hundred clerics attending. The Council passed reforming decrees in keeping with the Cluniac reform movement, including ones concerning simony and clerical marriage. At this Council, too, King Philip of France was excommunicated for adultery.

The pope also made an announcement that a public session would be held Tuesday 27 November at which the pope would make an important speech to the general public. This created a good deal of interest, and many people from the surrounding areas came to Clermont to hear the pope's words.

On the day of Urban's speech, the assembled crowd was so large that they could not fit everyone into the cathedral, so the papal throne was set up in an empty field outside the eastern gate of the town. Those in attendance included many commoners in addition to local nobility. The great nobles of Europe, however, the kings and dukes and so on, were not there. Urban's invitation had only gone out locally.

Pope Urban II was a powerful speaker; all our sources indicate that the speech he delivered that day was moving and memorable. We have several accounts that differ in detail, but the following delivers the general sense of his message that day.

<font color="blue">The noble race of Franks must come to the aid their fellow Christians in the East. The infidel Turks are advancing into the heart of Eastern Christendom; Christians are being oppressed and attacked; churches and holy places are being defiled. Jerusalem is groaning under the Saracen yoke. The Holy Sepulchre is in Moslem hands and has been turned into a mosque. Pilgrims are harassed and even prevented from access to the Holy Land

The West must march to the defense of the East. All should go, rich and poor alike. The Franks must stop their internal wars and squabbles. Let them go instead against the infidel and fight a righteous war.

God himself would lead them, for they would be doing His work. There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who die in the service of Christ. Here they are poor and miserable sinners; there they will be rich and happy. Let none hesitate; they must march next summer. God wills it!</font>

Deus vult! (God wills it) became the battle cry of the Crusaders.

moko
13th November 2002, 19:01
Originally posted by SpankMe

Deus vult! (God wills it) became the battle cry of the Crusaders. [/B]

Which proves what exactly?,the Crusaders eventually got booted out and the Mosque is still there,so whose side was God on?,the same one Muslims,and Jews worship as well as Christians.

Cuban
10th December 2002, 13:49
i think that the U.S. if it wants any credibility to its 'terrorism' war needs to denounce israel for its incursions after 'suspected militants' and firings on market places full of civillians. israel, as far as im aware has been violating the agreement it signed under clinton(oslo accord?) for some time and backing it up with US funded tanks and troops.
And as far as i can see, bush is on a money grabbing exercise, getting control of oil and deleteing an opponent to their foriegn policy( they already tried in Venezuala(i cant spell) earlier this year, with their botched coup, because he supported Castro and sold him oil).
I think that if Iraq is holding terrorists and nuclear weapons and can be proven to, by a team of inspectors that dont include former CIA or MI6 members(as the last team did), then the UN, not the US, has the ability to replace hussein, and hold elections within IRAQ, not letting the US set up a puppet dictator that will not oppose Israel and give it free access to the countries oil reserves.
its all messed up, but the US cant go pushing everyone around, ignoring mandates and all that, especially when it has its bluff called. The UN is set up to deal with this sort of situation, and it shouldnt be controlled by the US because it has the larger military and economic force. The UN wanted nothing to do with any of this until the US said it would go it alone, making a mockery of the whole organisation...
i find it Ironic that the US is denouncing these people now, when they were the force that created them, but they were ok when they were threatening Soviet citizens, its only now that their 'vile and cowardly' acts and being recognized by the US.

SPman
10th December 2002, 17:09
This is a tricky question. The UN should go in and remove Saddam, his family and his cronies who hold Iraq in a state of fear whilst bleeding it dry. Kids starve to death, there is no money for medical supplies, minorities and anyone who says anything against the regime are persecuted, killed, etc, yet Saddam, his family and cronies have US $13,000,000,000 in stashed fortunes, palaces, toys etc.!!!!
A good friend has an Iraqi boarder who was initially against the yanks going in, because of the new master being as bad as the old, fear, but he is now of the opinion, nothing could be worse than what is going on in Iraq. If it takes the Yanks to finally get rid of Saddam, then by all means do so (he says). And this is from a guy who distrusts the US (and CNN) from his experiences in the Gulf War!

boris
11th December 2002, 07:37
All wars bad.ok!. I must say i do not like the USA. Just look at all the crap they put out, THe tv programes and music are teaching the kids all the wrong morals.

Boris

SPman
11th December 2002, 18:32
My ideal war would be to get all the world leaders (Political AND Religious), all the military leaders and their henchmen and every other macho posturing bastard, and put them in a huge paddock ringed with barbed wire to beat the shit out of each other, until there is only one person left standing. Then I'd congratulate the victor and shoot him in the head ! Then we could carry on with our lives with a bit more peace and security (maybe) ...............

Ah well, back to the real world.:argh: :beer:

Coldkiwi
19th March 2003, 13:05
So that was all in December...

what do you guys think now?

My personal view is that

a)Saddam and his sons are very bad men

b) George Bush is not the sharpest knife in the draw who can seem the bigger picture of what he is instigating

c) The UN (bar a miracle) is going to be worse off in the next few days because they will either

i) not provide a resolution to deal to Iraq for failure to hold to its previous resolutions (most numerous and all flouted) or

ii) let the US/UK/Aussies go in there and start a war just because they want to without any legal backing from the Security Council (even if they didn't get a Veto vote they still wouldn't have a majority).. consequently the UN will be left completely toothless with a dangerous precedent set for unsanctioned violence by any member states.

I think it's all quite screwed up really and it's only going to get worse (North Korea with a rabid leader who looks like he wants to pick a nuclear fight, Indonesia with a strong fanatical element and unstable military and Bin Laden is still roaming free (no doubt rubbing his hands at having yet another excuse to hit back at The Great Satan)

Coldkiwi
19th March 2003, 13:06
my bad typo.... George bush... who CAN"T seem to see what he's instigating

MikeL
19th March 2003, 13:38
Coldkiwi, you express clearly the worries many of us have about the real motivation behind this war. Saddam is no doubt a cruel dictator whose people would be better of without him, but Bush is a f***wit who is willing to sacrifice international diplomacy and delicate relationships, as well as alienate many countries whose sympathies would naturally lie with U.S. liberal democracy rather than middle-eastern despotism, but, faced with monumental arrogance (combined with a frightening religious fundamentalism/fanaticism) will be pushed towards defending the right of undemocratic governments to defend their sovereignty against unjustified aggression.
Having said that, let's hope that the Americans and their allies win a swift, relatively bloodless victory so that stability can be restored as quickly as possible, and, more importantly, the petrol which we put in our bikes is still available and doesn't cost the equivalent of a litre of whisky.

Gixxer
20th March 2003, 11:16
talking about gas, I thought the price of petrol went down?

how come the gas stations have not lowered there price?

&nbsp;the US can make all the excuses in the world but it boils down to one thing "OIL"

Saddam has it, bush wants it.

&nbsp;

Coldkiwi
20th March 2003, 12:41
You're bang on the money Gixxer

talk about greedy bastards...

The US has huge oil reserves that they're not tapping into. I can see that the US oil merchants are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of being one of the few nations left in the future with decent oil stocks when all the arab oil runs out... hence their desire to get stuck into it now. And of course, reparations for war costs incurred by the US will be dragged out of a defeated Iraq in guess what?... OIL!

like they say: Would the US have started into the Gulf if Kuwaits only produce was broccoli?

&nbsp;

wari
20th March 2003, 20:09
I want oil too ... well , and petrol.

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2003, 05:55
BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB! kill kill kill... i say do what needs to be done, and cant be botherd forming a hardout opinion because...

no matter what i do and say, it aint gunna change nothing, we are all just nobodies living in a nobody town.&nbsp; However i dont think we are really at risk, or if we are, im happy to bet nobody comes near us, it aint worth the goddam petrol to come all the way over here and bomb us, letalone the cost of a bomb!

and if some crazyman really thought it was, who cares, ill be seein you all in the deep dark dungeons :beer:

Coldkiwi
21st March 2003, 12:46
you reckon?

I think the most effective form of terrorism would be to hit the smallest, most lovely, least offensive to anyone town you can find. Shatter the idea that the safest place is safe and you've got yourself a wee bit of panic setting in.

i wouldn't worry about the bombing/killing. With the US military there'll be plenty of that going on. I wonder how many of their own they'll kill?:confused:

wkid_one
21st March 2003, 12:49
Just a quick joke...

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2003, 16:30
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
I think

thats it right there! The exact reason they wont bomb us... they dont think! :P They would if they could.. but, ya know. hahah

and nice piccy u got there dude, funny stuff :)

and i wouldnt mind betting they bomb quite a few of their own, and im sorry for those people and their families, but i sure as hell aint going to loose sleep over it, welcome to war.. :)&nbsp; and all we can do now is hope that both iraq and usa get bombed off the face of this planet, mwahaha, such insensitivity :calm:

Redstar
21st March 2003, 18:11
:D
Its a crazy world!

The best rapper is white.
The best golfer is black
Franch calls America Arrogant
Germany dos'nt want a War
Switzerland wins a boat race!

Kwaka-Kid
21st March 2003, 18:30
hahah! welcome to the board dude.

not only does he own an awesome bike, buthes funny too. lol

Drunken Monkey
14th June 2004, 11:14
I'm normally all for sending in the guns and bombs if a nation decides to get a bit cheeky, but the whole general middle east thing has been going on with no sign of resolution since the creation of the state of Israel. You can see why...it was the homeland of the Jews, yet they didn't have a country to call their own home, but it wasn't necessarily the smart thing for the Brits/Yanks to just hand over some land that wasn't theirs in the first place. 60 odd years of intervention by the West has done stuff all of nothing (except maybe prevent the whole region from turning into radioactive glass...there's an idea!), what makes anyone think another 6 month campaign in Iraq will solve anything?
Keep out of the middle east, it ain't our problem or our business anymore...
Then again, if it's just about the oil, and they're prepared to admit that, then fire away...

Just my $0.02 anyway.

(post edit:) gee, just noticed how old this thread/poll was...better late than never I say!

danb
14th June 2004, 14:31
:ar15: BUSH

I think we need a change of leaders
Bush is a joke.... :moon:

Lou Girardin
14th June 2004, 20:53
Bin Laden has achieved all that he wanted with one major attack.
America is trembling with fear.

MikeL
15th June 2004, 08:58
Did someone mention Vietnam...?

moko
16th June 2004, 06:38
Did someone mention Vietnam...?

Another classic case of a U.S. self-serving f***-up.Ho Chi Minh was helped by the C.I.A. when it suited them.They now finally admit that the Bay Of Tonkin incident,their excuse for the eventual killing of 2 million Vietnamese,was a total fabrication.The country`s heart bleeds for the poor guys sent out there while the "Gook" women and kids they slaughtered along with those fighting to defend their country are just seen as an embarassment.1 guy got 18 months "confinement to camp" as a result of the only time anyone went to court for war-crimes over there,chief amongst the cover-up one Colin Powell.No compensation,no apologies,no regrets.The U.S. wiped it`s big fat arse on the Geneva Convention then as they have now,the culprits from those days never had to explain themselves let alone attone,Kissinger even got the Nobel Peace prize for fucks sake.
Bush and his bitch were going to have their war no matter what anyone said and at least in this country have met with nothing but contempt and disgust ever since.
I feel really sad for the Brit troops in Iraq at least,despite what pinnochio Blair says those poor bastards are doing a shit job with zero public support.When ships come into port where I live in wartime there`s always been a big fuss made,parades,saturation media coverage e.t.c.This time round they just slink in and out and you`ll rarely get any serviceman to say where he`s been unless you ask directly.Some of their families have been in the local press saying how stressed these guys get,going somewhere they`re not wanted then coming back to hostility against what they`ve risked their lives for.

SPman
16th June 2004, 08:47
Bin Laden has achieved all that he wanted with one major attack.
America is trembling with fear.
I agree. The "war on terror" was lost before it was started. Airline security,Patriot acts, bombers under the bed. Got the entire middle class world trembling iin their socks, with fears, mainly, of their own making! - shit, theres more chance of being hit by a bus, than being killed in a terrorist attack. As Benjamin Franklin (one of the "founding fathers" of the USA) said - "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety..."

MikeL
16th June 2004, 09:27
As Benjamin Franklin (one of the "founding fathers" of the USA) said - "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety..."

Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers must be turning in their graves at the travesty that their noble ideals of liberty and democracy have become in Bush's America. In the context of their 18th century struggle against oppression and their rebellion against cultural and economic hegemony they were closer to Bin Laden than to Dubya.

At least it's encouraging to see that most Britons are too intelligent to be taken in by American propaganda, and Blair's retribution is just around the corner. And for everyone who delights in throwing brickbats at Helen, you have to admit that her/our stance on Iraq has been an admirable combination of principle, expediency and common sense.