PDA

View Full Version : Ride this Friday

Firefight
15th October 2003, 16:11
anyone keen for a ride this Friday ?, Looking @ leaving Caltex Bombay 10-10.30, south via H/way 2 via Ngatea-Paeroa-Wahi-Katiaikat-Tauranga-Kaimai-morrinsville and back by my personel favorite Tahuna to S/H?Way 1 - exspress way and home. if the weather hold up it;s got be all good!!:cool: :cool:

firefight:rockon:

Andrew
15th October 2003, 18:54
It's a toss up between going to work, catching up on some needed study, or going for a ride.

What?
15th October 2003, 19:32
Weather forecast is looking good. Would love to join you for part of way, but sadly not possible.

PM me if you think you might stop in for a coffee - I am 1/2 way up Kaimai from Tauranga.

wari
15th October 2003, 20:26
BUGGER !! ... for a change I'm not working !!! ... but ... going on a school trip with my son. Ah well... next time mate .

Firefight
15th October 2003, 20:38
Originally posted by Andrew
It's a toss up between going to work, catching up on some needed study, or going for a ride.

Andrew, you can study next time it rains, and work will always be there, what other option is there but to ride ?? you know I;am right !!:D

firefight:cool:

Firefight
15th October 2003, 20:40
PM me if you think you might stop in for a coffee - I am 1/2 way up Kaimai from Tauranga.

sound great mate, will pm you thursday night,

cheers firefight:D

Cajun
16th October 2003, 07:52
hey i might be in for a little blast friday avo what time ya guess you be around tauranga??

MikeL
16th October 2003, 08:43
Great weather + great roads + great company = a great ride.
Very tempting, but I'd have to throw a sickie...
:(
Damn work getting in the way of life...
:argh:

Cajun
16th October 2003, 08:57
its good being a bum student and running own small buiness make my own hours (c:<

Firefight
16th October 2003, 12:00
Originally posted by Cajun
hey i might be in for a little blast friday avo what time ya guess you be around tauranga??

Not sure, some of our riders work on studnet time, and some are "Semi punctual", so Who knows?, will pm you my cellphone #,hope to be on Kaimais by 1300hours, :gob:

Jackrat
16th October 2003, 12:51
Dang,I will be down Turangi way freezing my butt off while doing check point duty on the Rustynuts 1000 miler.
Should be fun tho,watching the suckers,,,,,,,Errrrrr Riders coming in knacked as.
:done:

Cajun
16th October 2003, 14:08
pm sent Firefight, so how many numbers are you expecting for this ride tomorrow??

Firefight
16th October 2003, 19:20
Hey Cajun, got the pm, normally only have about 3-4 of us, others work week days :angry2:

I"ll call you from the edge of TGA,

we were going to stop @ Whats place half way up Kaimais

cheers firefight:rockon:

Firefight
17th October 2003, 16:42
Won,t be able to write as good a story as Andrew, but here goes, Day did not start to good, overcast @ bombays, looked like shit, no one turned up, so what to do,ah Fuc# it go anyway.
went via matamata,nice blat over the Kaimais, up to TGA meet a collegue from Fire Service, quick cup of cafine, meet up with Cajun, called into see "What" in his lovely country home, bit of a yarn (about bikes ,what else is there)Then Cajun kindly lead the way back over the Kaimais for a great little blat:D :D :D Ye hah.

Cajun kept me company to Matamata, then headed back over the hill, lucky bugger,now I head to SH1, up to cambridge, back way to morrinsville, smoko(more cafine) along to Tahuha, back across to 27, then across to Ngatea, more cafine, grab some gas, now let me think, yes I am very close to Waitakaruru, yeah might as well go back via miranda-kaiaua-kawakawa, clevdon
Drury- Pukekohe, stats for the day, 4 cafine fixes, and assorted shit food, two fills of gas, 500+ kms, saw 5 cops, owe my license to the cage driver who flashed me on h/way 27 near kaihere thanks dude.
Thanks also to "Cajun" for comin for a quick blat, and to "What for yor hospitality
:cool: firefight.:cool:

bikerboy
17th October 2003, 17:29
Sorry I couldn't make it FF.

As I sat in meetings all day I thought of you and the ever brightening day with quite envy. There's nothing more frustrating than working from home, for yourself and still having to miss out on a ride due to work !:argh: :argh:

Glad some one got to enjoy the weather and the day.:niceone:

What?
17th October 2003, 18:09
Originally posted by bikerboy
There's nothing more frustrating than working from home, for yourself and still having to miss out on a ride due to work

I know just how you feel - after FF &amp; Cajun left, I had to go into town. In the glorious sunshine. In my ute :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Cajun
17th October 2003, 18:38
No worrys firefight
Was a little bit of a slow ride just got brand new rear pads and bead blasted rear discs on wesnday so was trying to bead them in correctly.

But was all good, catching up with a few kiwibiker boys.
And a short blast over the hill and back the other side(my favourite bit of road, then back again to do some more work)

Cheers

Firefight
17th October 2003, 19:14
Originally posted by bikerboy
Sorry I couldn't make it FF.

As I sat in meetings all day I thought of you and the ever brightening day with quite envy. There's nothing more frustrating than working from home, for yourself and still having to miss out on a ride due to work !:argh: :argh:

Glad some one got to enjoy the weather and the day.:niceone:

Thanks BB, was thinkin about you guys, might try for Sunday, are you keen??:D
cheers firefight:cool:

What?
17th October 2003, 19:23
Originally posted by Cajun
But was all good, catching up with a few kiwibiker boys.&nbsp;

&nbsp;:niceone:

MikeL
17th October 2003, 20:35
Hey Dave
Sorry I couldn't make it (conscience got the better of me) but I kept thinking while I was at work how much more pleasant it would be blasting over the Kaimais...
Glad you had a good ride. I assume the weather improved once you got past the Bombays?
:niceone:

aff-man
17th October 2003, 21:54
Hey FireFight me and BB might be heading up north on sunday or somewhere if the weather holds

MikeL
18th October 2003, 18:17
Room for one more?
Let me know details a.s.a.p. If it's not on, I'll do a Ulysses ride instead.

Firefight
18th October 2003, 18:42
Originally posted by aff-man
Hey FireFight me and BB might be heading up north on sunday or somewhere if the weather holds

Yep I'll be in Johno:D let me know the deatils, or ring me on my celly, I;ll pm you the number

Firefight
18th October 2003, 18:52
Originally posted by MikeL
Hey Dave
Sorry I couldn't make it (conscience got the better of me) but I kept thinking while I was at work how much more pleasant it would be blasting over the Kaimais...
Glad you had a good ride. I assume the weather improved once you got past the Bombays?
:niceone:

Yeah Mike, the weather was great, tar on the big hill was soft as, lovely and sunny on TGA waterfront, only a bit of overcast on way back roung Kawakawa etc,

bikerboy
18th October 2003, 19:43
Hey MikeL and Dave your more than welcome. So are any others!
Jono's thinking of going north but not fixed in stone.

I'll get him to post details. He's going to ring me 9am:( sunday to confirm weather situation. The forecast sounds good.

I've got FF 's details but I don't have MikeL's. Pm me or ring me mike 021680088 with number so I can help coordinate once I hear from jono.:D

aff-man
18th October 2003, 20:24
Went up north for a putter today nothing spectacular so i am going to go the boring south route somewhere. I am&nbsp;going to try meeting at shell clevedon at 10:30 and look to leave by 11 Clouds should be clearing by then according to weather forcast anyone welcome i am an old granny so all those on the PW-50&nbsp;can have someone to overtake&nbsp;:p

Firefight
19th October 2003, 07:04
aff, got your text last night, but could not find Mikes Cell #,
will meet you guys @ Clevdon.ring if you change your mind due to weather, I,ll still go for a ride.