PDA

View Full Version : A comparison of service?

danchop
23rd June 2009, 20:41
i broke the mounting plate of my givi box today and my bag flew off,undamaged but needed a mounting plate to continue working cause im a courier,this is my 5 bike shop saga till i got the plate
1.price $79 have to order it and be here tomoorow.....(was givi boxes on the wall probably with same plates inside,and i knew the price was not right considering you can buy a whole givi box with the same plate as low as $110)
2.this was a wrecker..."nah sorry never wrecked any bikes much with givi gear" and i thought tourists crashed thier bikes often?
3.the place i get my tyres from,usually very busy so i take my punt on the first available salesperson (i know givi luggageware isnt high on thier list)sensing im not looking for a full fox motocross outfit,its a hasty nah well have to order that(also a place with many boxes with the plates there)
4.my most shocking!!a very poncey sauve accessory shop,i walk in and its empty so i view the range of 10 or so givi boxes and plates and then ask if they have a plate to purchase,"no but they due in the next shipment on monday and theyre $29" so i say "do ya think i could just get one of those plates off your boxes and you replace it when they come in cause im a courier and sort of need it now" response "not really" well f#^8 off i wish i hadnt brought the top box off you and the revitt jacket as well in the first place
5.shop ive never brought anything from,helpful prick says yeah think we may have a spare lying around and goes out the back,brings an opened packet back with the exact plate in but nothing else with a price on it suggesting its the kit price not just the plate price,anyway i dont argue the point and just pay it!!
my point is although im only really pissed at the no.4 shop,the others all showed a degree of...well you tell me?

Sparky Bills
23rd June 2009, 21:02
Hmmmmmm interesting rant.
Feel better now?

Hitcher
23rd June 2009, 21:52
the others all showed a degree of...well you tell me?

It's the difference between making a $29 sale or building a long-term relationship. Some shops don't understand the difference between the two, nor do they really want to. It's all too hard for them.

It's not that they can't be arsed trying to help a potential customer, it's just that they don't get it generally. The same reason they don't understand why you'd ride 400km to test ride or buy a $25,000 bike that they could sell you when they're less than 20km away.

People generally develop a list of favorite bike shops and a list of "avoids". When I was younger and more impetuous I used to occasionally share my thoughts on this matter. I now realise that that could have been construed as being unfair, so I now reserve my venom for only truly worthy cases.

Gormless is as gormless does.