PDA

View Full Version : 1st meeting

(P)
24th June 2009, 15:07
Hey all, I havent been around for a while, but I'd like to know whats involved in entering a drag meet?

Ive recently stepped up from my gsx400 to an rf900 (what a beast) and am keen to unleash it at the strip(the only place to race,apart from a race track).

I still have my gsx400 impulse for carving up the twisties.

what time would be good for an rf900? I'd be disapointed not to run straight into the 10's.

thanks

Fat Rat
24th June 2009, 19:31
Hey all, I havent been around for a while, but I'd like to know whats involved in entering a drag meet?

Ive recently stepped up from my gsx400 to an rf900 (what a beast) and am keen to unleash it at the strip(the only place to race,apart from a race track).

what time would be good for an rf900? I'd be disapointed not to run straight into the 10's.

thanks

To race you need a WOF and rego, and a drivers licence of course. Check out www.framautolitedragway.co.nz for times and prices.

And sorry to burst your bubble but if you have never raced before or not done it for a while you will more likely run a mid to high 11 on your new beast (unless you've done some serious work to it). The track at the winter meets is quite frankly 'shit' as it is winter and we dont prep the track.

Guys on gsxr1000, zx14's and hayabusa's are doing 9.9s - 10.5's on a good track but you need to add around .3 to .5 of a second on the slippery winter track.

If you could get down to a very high 10 you would have done bloody well.

Learning how to read the xmas tree takes a few turns to get used to, so you can launch the bike properly without pulling the front wheel up to high or wheelspinning all over the show.....but its all good fun though:woohoo:

mugins
25th June 2009, 18:09

Sorry (p) but agree with Fat Rat doing 10s straight on the slippery winter track would be a big ask,but then if you don't try ??? Fat Rat looks like youve fucked the weather up again:mad:

Fat Rat
25th June 2009, 18:29

Sorry (p) Fat Rat looks like youve fucked the weather up again:mad:

Every other weekend, fine and dandy.....race weekend, always shit!!!

Don't think mother nature wants us to race:spanking:

You racing the thou still mugins, or have you a new weapon up your sleeve?

mugins
25th June 2009, 20:11
Every other weekend, fine and dandy.....race weekend, always shit!!!

Don't think mother nature wants us to race:spanking:

You racing the thou still mugins, or have you a new weapon up your sleeve?

Yep still got the thou but have a 08 busa lve been mucking around with,just getting air sifter sorted and should be ready to go,we wont be running it on the wet nos till summer,(should be fun with another 100hp up me date)need to do some runs first to see if we gaining or just burning rubber.If it's canned this weekend l might not be able to make any futher meets because of calving:Oi:

(P)
26th June 2009, 19:23
hmmm, ok dudes.

nos? hey now you've got me thinking!

what times can you do on your gsxr1000 mugins?

yeah I know a stock standard rf may not be fast but mine is running an alloy 2bros muffler, Im 63kg and quite a handy rider!!

I may be best to get some private practice and finetune my skills before I get to the track I think? (on a closed road of corse haha)

mugins
27th June 2009, 07:42
hmmm, ok dudes.

nos? hey now you've got me thinking!

what times can you do on your gsxr1000 mugins?

yeah I know a stock standard rf may not be fast but mine is running an alloy 2bros muffler, Im 63kg and quite a handy rider!!

I may be best to get some private practice and finetune my skills before I get to the track I think? (on a closed road of corse haha)

Dont worry about the private practice ,racing at MereMere tomorrow if it not raining:no: 9.9s so far but sholud be looking at 9.7s if l can get my shit together and Fat Rat makes a desent track for us.:laugh:

Crazy Steve
27th June 2009, 20:17

thanks

Maybe even low 12's.....RF900's aint that fast....:baby:

Crazy Steve..

Fat Rat
28th June 2009, 07:55
Meeting today has been cancelled. There was no rain all day yesterday at track and last night untill about 6am, now its raining and looks like it won't stop for ages.....:no: Lets try this again on the 12th July