PDA

View Full Version : Bizzaro - Mountain/MX cross

bungbung
24th March 2005, 14:23
Based on XR/CRF 50/80/110 clone motors:

http://www.fxbikes.com/

The FX Adventure™
It’s time for the FX Adventure™…

The revolutionary FX Adventure™ is an all terrain, high-performance motorcycle, half the weight of its nearest competitors (sub-45kg), which creates a whole new category of two-wheel fun and excitement – Ultralight Motorbikes.

How much you ask?

2005 TeamFX Limited Edition Factory Special

Recommended Retail Price NZ$14,995
Bulk Order Special (for orders of 4 or more bikes) NZ$12,995

You must be joking!

**R1**
24th March 2005, 14:32
Fucken awesome, can ya already buy em here?

that would be awesome to attack the down hill tracks on and it beats biking back up to have a second trip down.

bungbung
24th March 2005, 14:33
New high-performance bike the way of the future
22 March 2005
By JAMES HEFFIELD

A high performance offroad motorbike which is so light you can lift it over a fence was put through its paces near Te Awamutu yesterday.

Downhill mountainbiking guru John Kirkcaldie rode the 40kg titanium bike on the Castlerock mountain bike track.

But it didn't go entirely to plan when Kirkcaldie went into a corner too quickly and the spokes in the back wheel were ripped out.

FX Bikes founder Mike Hodgkinson said the bike was still in its early stages of testing.

The bike had a 125cc four-stroke engine, which provided a lot of power on the lightweight mountainbike-like frame.

"This is the future of motorbikes. Even a Nifty 50 weighs about 90kg."

The motorbike is the first FX Bikes has produced, and has been in the design phase for three years.

Once perfected, it would have a sale price of about $9995, Mr Hodgkinson said.

**R1**
24th March 2005, 14:49
New high-performance bike the way of the future
22 March 2005
By JAMES HEFFIELD

A high performance offroad motorbike which is so light you can lift it over a fence was put through its paces near Te Awamutu yesterday.

Downhill mountainbiking guru John Kirkcaldie rode the 40kg titanium bike on the Castlerock mountain bike track.

But it didn't go entirely to plan when Kirkcaldie went into a corner too quickly and the spokes in the back wheel were ripped out.

FX Bikes founder Mike Hodgkinson said the bike was still in its early stages of testing.

The bike had a 125cc four-stroke engine, which provided a lot of power on the lightweight mountainbike-like frame.

"This is the future of motorbikes. Even a Nifty 50 weighs about 90kg."

The motorbike is the first FX Bikes has produced, and has been in the design phase for three years.

Once perfected, it would have a sale price of about $9995, Mr Hodgkinson said.Imagine the fun and shortcuts ya could take riding that thing to work, i would like to see the coppers chase ya and lift their car over a fence to keep up:devil2:

White trash
24th March 2005, 15:06
Those guy brought the prototype into the shop a couple of months back. We were all just standing around the thing with our jaws on the floor.

It is fucken TRICK!

I was ready to order one 'till they said the magic 14k word.

Motu
24th March 2005, 15:25
I wonder how much minus engine? I got a few of those lying around...50s,70s,SS,3 speed,4 speed...I'm sure I could throw something together...

GSVR
24th March 2005, 15:58
48cc base model - 10 humanpower (2.5 horsepower)
88cc Takegawa S-Stage - 24 humanpower (6 horsepower)
124cc Takegawa with overhead cam - 48 humanpower (12 horsepower)

They are'nt exactly going to propel someone into space are they.

With that power hillclimbing may even be an issue!

Wolf
24th March 2005, 16:00
Yeah, saw it in the Times - looks tons of fun.

We used to play around with a friend's MT50 years ago - piss-all engine but the bike was light enough that it didn't matter - this would be "way funner"!