PDA

View Full Version : ktm 530.. UE spec the same as the NZ spec..

kjames
25th June 2009, 03:31
Hi guys…

Hopefully an easy question. I’ve got a 2009 KTM 530 Exc. It’s the EU model, so non of the smog rubbish / catch can etc.

I've emailed ktm nz, but no response yet.

I’m immigrating to new Zealand at the end of the summer. So the question,… is my bike the same spec as the NZ bikes (except the headlight dipping the wrong way).

I’m trying to establish if I’m going to have any problems getting it registered or problems getting parts for the bike.

thanks in advance guys,

Karl

rogerh
25th June 2009, 07:27
My parts manual (2004 LC4E) suggests that the EU and AUS (I think we have the AUS ones here) models are very similar. Possibly some minor emission control stuff from memory, but nothing to prevent you getting most if not all parts here. Parts book gives part number for both left and right side dipping headlight.

Hope this helps

warewolf
25th June 2009, 10:32
NZ is small enough that it doesn't impose its own rego requirements on the market. The rule is basically, if it is legal in its home market, it is legal here IFF the markets are similar. So you'll have to change the headlight (if they notice) but that's about it.

A mate of mine had a modified-but-wrong headlight on his FZ750 as purchased for 15 years, then all of a sudden the same WOF guy rejected it and he had to replace it with a proper one. Much easier fix for a dirt bike, and you could probably get a genuine one cheap through a wanted ad, as most NZ EXCs get stripped of road gear and used off-road only.

Both my NZ-new KTMs are the EU/AU model. The books show differences for the USA version and lumps the EU/AU versions together.

For any off-shore market only parts, you can shop off-shore via the interweb thingy. No drama at all. That's if the dealer couldn't simply order it from Austria though their usual channels, just like they do with NZ stuff anyway.

kjames
26th June 2009, 00:00
guys, cheers for your help..

i've also had a very nice email back from ktm, saying the differences are minor and i should have no probs.

woo hoo.. it looks like i can stay orange in nz and no need to sell the bike.

K