PDA

View Full Version : McIntosh Kawasaki

jellywrestler
28th June 2009, 14:40
I've listed a McIntosh Kawasaki on trade me on behalf of a mate in Adelaide and depending on who you talk to there were either three or four of these bikes built. Ken McIntosh himself can't remember...
Murray Cross in the Manawatu has one, Mike Green has the mighty turbocharged one and this one which was built for Dalls Rankine originally.
Does anyone out there know of any others.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-226989160.htm

Skunk
28th June 2009, 17:01
Doug Green doesn't have one - but you're close, real close. Those are the only two I know of. Ask Speedpro on here - he might know...

slowpoke
28th June 2009, 17:53
One of my all time dream bikes. If I died with one of them in my garage I'd die a very happy chappy. Good luck with the sale, it must be a tough decision to let it go.

jellywrestler
28th June 2009, 22:55
Doug Green doesn't have one - but you're close, real close. Those are the only two I know of. Ask Speedpro on here - he might know...

oops, i menat hi brother Mike, have altered accordingly

jellywrestler
28th June 2009, 22:57
One of my all time dream bikes. If I died with one of them in my garage I'd die a very happy chappy. Good luck with the sale, it must be a tough decision to let it go.
The guys actually got three McIntosh's and selling this one and the one Dave Hiscock rode in Europe. Its a great bike the only bike faster at the phillip island meet in the classics was Mal Campbell on a 500cc two stroke four cyclinder

speedpro
29th June 2009, 18:39
I think the guy Murray bought his off had made a jig so he could make a copy. Do not know if he ever did or even if what I just said is correct. Useful, eh!
There wasn't a lot of the Kawasaki frames built for sure. Ken was smart enough to build frames for the motors that were going to win.

Skunk
29th June 2009, 19:02
There wasn't a lot of the Kawasaki frames built for sure. Ken was smart enough to build frames for the motors that were going to win.
Are you trying to devalue them or what? :lol:

slowpoke
29th June 2009, 19:09
The guys actually got three McIntosh's and selling this one and the one Dave Hiscock rode in Europe. Its a great bike the only bike faster at the phillip island meet in the classics was Mal Campbell on a 500cc two stroke four cyclinder

So that would lead one to assume the bike he has left is better...or has greater provenance...than the one Dave Hiscock rode? Amazing..........

jellywrestler
29th June 2009, 22:27
So that would lead one to assume the bike he has left is better...or has greater provenance...than the one Dave Hiscock rode? Amazing..........

Its not all about monetary value or whose got a better one, the other one was built for him by Ken McIntosh many years ago and he has more memories with this bike than the other two simply...