PDA

View Full Version : Now the new rego costs are biting

middleaged2wheeler
2nd July 2009, 14:34
All those cheap farm regos (and there any many thousands i bet), should be scrapped otherwise we are subsidising the farmers and rurals who get away with it on a daily basis.
Should be for farm vehicles NO STICKER required for 200 metres from main farm gate and a full price sticker for any further distance.
A "no sticker vehicle" is easy to see up town.
that would by my submission for any review on this subject.
How else can the rego costs be fairly or evenly spread?

middleaged2wheeler
2nd July 2009, 14:54
A farm rego which is about $80--00 a year allows a driver to go 20kms in any direction, legally and with full insurance cover.
by the way my full cover bike insurance is cheaper than the rego per year.-and that is
$4000-- cover from Kiwi-biker insurance brokers, with one road side assist per year from memory. @$17--00 per month.

ynot slow
2nd July 2009, 18:16
Similar to 25 yrs ago or so,all the cockies sons into bikes would get sales tax refunded.A few townies tried that with say a friendly cockie,was good until at a motox event one day a tax guy was at the meeting,thought shit could be guys abusing the loophole,next meeting a few inspectors turned up,checking names of riders and who owned the bikes,the ones having farm ownership were chucked out as the law stated farm use only,hard to explain rounding stock around the farm with an RM250,CR250 etc.