PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Saturday morning ride (4 July)

WuZards-Eugene
3rd July 2009, 20:59
Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone wants to join in on a ride tomorrow. Its going to go a little something like this:

1000, meet at avalon park
1030, leave avalon, head for levin.
1200, regroup and gas up in levin, leave for paihiatua via paihiatua track.
1330, regroup and gas up in paihiatua, head for gladstone, via alfredton.
1530, lunch at gladstone, leave for wellington

Times are aproximate (im just guessing) probably less than that, ive never actually timed it.

PM me or post on this thread if anyone wants to meet up along the way.

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

James Deuce
3rd July 2009, 21:25
The timings are a bit short. You'll be at Gladstone at about 5pm.

Hawkeye
3rd July 2009, 21:30
The timings are a bit short. You'll be at Gladstone at about 5pm.

Slow Coach :bleh:

James Deuce
3rd July 2009, 21:33
You've been on KB rides mate. If he rides by himself he'll be at Gladstone around midday.

Add one KBer and that's another 5 hours per 300kms.

Anomaly
4th July 2009, 02:56
I reackon it would be a good ride as long as the weather is good

Hawkeye
4th July 2009, 08:33
You've been on KB rides mate. If he rides by himself he'll be at Gladstone around midday.

Add one KBer and that's another 5 hours per 300kms.

:yes::laugh:

ajturbo
4th July 2009, 09:04
hey matey..

sorry but i will not be there.. sounds like a great ride though...

and now i KNOW where the pub is, i'll know when to slow down...

hahhahah

Quasi
4th July 2009, 09:18
[QUOTE=WuZards-Eugene;1129289559]Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone wants to join in on a ride tomorrow. Its going to go a little something like this:

1000, meet at avalon park
1030, leave avalon, head for levin.
1200, regroup and gas up in levin, leave for paihiatua via paihiatua track.
1330, regroup and gas up in paihiatua, head for gladstone, via alfredton.
1530, lunch at gladstone, leave for wellington

Times are aproximate (im just guessing) probably less than that, ive never actually timed it.

PM me or post on this thread if anyone wants to meet up along the way.

Heads up for the Rapa weather. Sunny to the north, but big blackness approaching from the South. Reck the rain will be here by 1pm. I staying home in front of the fire. Have a great ride.:cold:

WuZards-Eugene
5th July 2009, 01:01
Alrighty, was a pretty wet day today, thank god for warehouse PVC jacket and trousers.

Ended up waiting by myself at avalon park ready to go. Not a single soul in sight. 1030 rolls on so I take off, and decided to start off with moonshine rd, over the paikok, then straight up to levin for first break, kicking myself the whole time as I left the camera at home, so unable to get the ADV tag (which is what prompted this whole ride in the first place). Plenty of gas to get to Paihiatua, so off I went again. Going through Paihiatua track I see my odometer pass through 7000km (gone round the clock now, so 107,000km), arrive in Paihiatua still snug as a bug in my many layers and wet weather jacket at about 1400. slowly wind my way out to alfredton, then on to masterton. Decided to stop in and see my Auntie in masterton. Ended up watching a movie till about 8pm, then make my move back to the welly.
All in all, a good trip, despite the miserable weather.

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to Saturday Crummy Weather Rides.