PDA

View Full Version : Hororata Bike Feast is it ?

1500 Phil
27th March 2005, 08:35
Hi,
Well having just completed my 7 Hororata Bike Feast Rally I came away a little bit dissapointed with iit !!

I traveled down on Friday only to see numerous bikes heading south ( 50 + ) and I was begining to wonder if I had stuffed up and gone the wrong weekend !

Well I got to Hororata at 5pm after a reasonable ride via Kaikoura only to be greeted with an empty pub , and not a bike to be seen any where on the road.

I thought shit maybe they cancelled it, as they didn't send the Registrations out until March Hare weekend.. Well I found the sign at the roundabout HOG OUT ---> so off to the site i went, there was about 80 there to my surprise but everyone was saying it was quiet !!.

The Rally had a good band on Friday Nite no damn it Better than Good Bloody great Band played to about 100 people, there was not alot of arrivals during the nite .

Saturday was fine and again it was ghostly quiet no LOUD bike roars at the wrong hour and only a few stirrring early .. Well behaved !!

Saturday morning was like a morgue everyone waiting to see how was arriving well it was a slow painful wait probably 20 to 30 bikes in the morning it was slow.. By the time the games started there may have been 300 people and 20 or so kids under 16 at the rally..

Tin tops were a plenty and for the 1st time they allowed Camper vans into the site and allowed them to camp with the bikes !! I am not a fan of this ... There were 4 this year and next there will be more , soon we will have a Bike flogged or tents raided Keep the Vehicles/ Camper vans in the car park :finger:
Many others were surprised at this also and hope that this was a 1st and last !!!!

The after noon went on and arrivals kept comming but not in the numbers of years before. The Pub well they said it hads been the quietest Rally they know. Normally at about 4 pm you can't get in but this year there was room for all.

There was a good selection of bike games and also a Bike show and many played along.. But more could have joined in ..

By dark there would have been about 550 people a bit down on years before, there was the usually selection of rally food and yes a BIG Screen for the game.. Strippers Female and Very good bands.. But No WET Tee Shirt, No Burn Outs !!!!!

This Rally has been a popular Rally and comments from many have this as being second to the Bad 2004 Rallly which by peoples choice won the SHIT Rally of the year award..

Guys rumour has it that you want the Rally to FAIL !!!!!!! so you don't have to do it again next year.. Keep doing what you are and you will possibly get your wish .. Why destroy it ????

Why not pass it on to someone who wants to do it, sell the rights !!!
We are loosing too many Rallies yes i know it costs the world to set one up and the costs are going up each year, so its time you sold it to a sponsor .. :2thumbsup

We as riders don't mind paying for quality but we HATE being ripped off so look at your event and open both eyes !!!

So here is wishing you all the best and look forward to 2006 Yur second best Rally cos the 1998 was yur Best so far !!!! yes i know you got in the crap for it but lets get back their soon !!!!!!!

Oh yes your Drink Prices were TOPS !!!!!! :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Oh yes there are photos @

http://www.zl2tze.ath.cx/motorcylces/

The site is slow and I know its being worked on so at least the guy is trying to get the Rally scene out there..

gav
28th March 2005, 18:43
Good report but you've cocked up that website address!!
check spelling of motorcycles and should be a forward slash before motorcycles
On second thoughts, just try this link :msn-wink: http://www.zl2tze.ath.cx/motorcycles/

And damn the strippers look hot :2thumbsup

gav
28th March 2005, 20:49
Well I thought they looked hot.....
These old buggers, back talking bikes ya reckon?
Classic!!! See, ladies, blokes going to rallies, only interested in motorbikes and getting pissed!!
http://www.zl2tze.ath.cx/motorcycles/2005_0322hororata/2005_0322hororata0071.JPG

1500 Phil
1st April 2005, 16:15
Hi Gav,
The front row are not interested they are the security staff... 10 bucks says that they got their EYE full earlier or Later !!!! :msn-wink: :msn-wink:

Good report but you've cocked up that website address!!
check spelling of motorcycles and should be a forward slash before motorcycles
On second thoughts, just try this link :msn-wink: http://www.zl2tze.ath.cx/motorcycles/

And damn the strippers look hot :2thumbsup