PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please - broken spokes....

crashe
27th March 2005, 19:05
I have discovered 4 broken spokes on the back wheel and some of the the others are loose..

So my question is where is the cheapist place to get this fixed....
and how long will it take???? and what sort of cost???

I live in west Auckland.

How long will the bike be off the road????
As I assume I can't ride it like it is.

Thanks in advance.

speedpro
27th March 2005, 19:31
Hamco Industries advertise in Kiwi Rider as doing wheel work. I've built a few wheels for my bucket and did have a bodgy jig for truing them up. If you get the spokes I could fit them and sort the rest. I've also rebuilt the rear wheel on my McIntosh and it worked OK. Very reasonable rates, I suppose.

dangerous
27th March 2005, 19:31
Its not a biggy crashe, easly fixed and not that dear..... and it wil be fine to ride on in the mean time.
A KBer that lives closer will be with you in a minute or two.

[damn speedpro beat me in by seconds at posting..... bloody dial up]

crashe
27th March 2005, 19:37
hey thanks guys.....
Speedpro where do I get the spokes from?
Henderson Bikes, Motohaus??????
I will PM you.

speedpro
28th March 2005, 18:28

I'm on dialup as well, and for some reason speeds have been down a bit lately.

crashe
28th March 2005, 19:50
speedpro....

Good to chat with you re the spokes today...
Will get them spokes sorted out in the morn...

and yeah Dial up can be real slow at times...

dangerous
28th March 2005, 20:58
hey thanks guys.....
ummmmm .... no worries, allthough SP has mentioned to me that the wheel is in worse condition than I would have expected... so what ever he says gos.... ok :niceone:

crashe
28th March 2005, 21:04
ummmmm .... no worries, allthough SP has mentioned to me that the wheel is in worse condition than I would have expected... so what ever he says gos.... ok :niceone:

yes BOSS.
:niceone: :2thumbsup

Lee Rusty
29th March 2005, 17:34
Its not a biggy crashe, easly fixed and not that dear..... and it wil be fine to ride on in the mean time.
A KBer that lives closer will be with you in a minute or two.

When spokes break it puts stress on other spokes they in turn get over worked and break- the wheel goes out of round both up and down and side to side - while it is fairly easy to repair, the idea that it is ok to ride it like that is bloody nonsense. Get it fixed most bikes shops dont do it any more - but send them out to someone who does.

dangerous
29th March 2005, 18:10
When spokes break it puts stress on other spokes they in turn get over worked and break- the wheel goes out of round both up and down and side to side - while it is fairly easy to repair, the idea that it is ok to ride it like that is bloody nonsense. Get it fixed most bikes shops dont do it any more - but send them out to someone who does.
Mate................. what did I say in the post after the one you quoted.