PDA

View Full Version : Cycle lanes

SMOKEU
7th July 2009, 15:15
I was going to turn left at an intersection today and there was a queue of traffic backed up, so I slowly rode in the cycle lane at less that 10kmh so I could get to the front of this queue and this cyclist had a big go at me about how it's a cycle lane so I said "I know it's a cycle lane, and I'm on a cycle - a motor cycle" and then he had a big bitch at me and gave me this big lecture about how it's illegal and all this other bullshit. It's not the first time I've had cyclists get all shitty at me for using cycle lanes. Some of those cyclists think they own the cycle lanes. It pisses me off.

junkmanjoe
7th July 2009, 15:34
in welly one time, i got lost, and rode down a bus lane the wrong way, man did he do his nana at me.i just rode away....:scooter:....:bye:..

gwigs
7th July 2009, 15:39
Its ok for them to run red lights on their bycyles though....lycra wearing gits.;)

Morcs
7th July 2009, 15:44
Its ok for them to run red lights on their bycyles though....lycra wearing gits.;)

Not to mention we pay their ACC bills when they hurt themselves as they dont pay rego.

steve_t
7th July 2009, 15:58

Man, you guys are always bashing other forms of transportation. I have a car, a motorbike, a road bicycle and a mountain bike. It generally comes down to respect and courtesy for other road users. I think using all of them allows me to appreciate what it's like for the other person.

I agree that the cyclist shouldn't have been a dickhead esp since he can only go 40-45km on the flat and you'd be gone before he got up to his cruising speed, which is probably more likely to be about 30km/h. It's not like you're forcing him off the road or anything. He's just probably in the same boat where he thinks everyone else on the road are "leather/cordura wearing gits", "cage driving gits".
:bash:

CookMySock
7th July 2009, 16:13
ah yeah, bicycle lanes are for bicycles, according to the law.

But I think the real problem is that you need a noisier exhaust and a badder bike. No prick will tell you off them, coz you might rip their head off, LOL.

Steve

sondela
7th July 2009, 17:48
There have been times when cyclists have made use of pedestrian crossings to cross with, making traffic (and me) stop for them, and those are for pedestrians according to the law, so I also use the bicycle lane occasionally, fair's fair..

Mr Skid
7th July 2009, 17:58
What would Jesus do? :sunny:

sunhuntin
7th July 2009, 18:15
my dad bikes to and from work every day. his biggest moan is car drivers doing exactly what you did, mainly cos they dont really care or slow down if he is ahead of them. id do my nut as well.

SMOKEU
7th July 2009, 18:23
I ride a push bike as well (only when I'm too drunk to legally operate a motor vehicle) and I don't care if motorbikes ride in the cycle lane.

howdamnhard
7th July 2009, 18:45
He,he occasionally use the cycle lane to get to the front of the queue if there are no cyclists in it already. Came across a bunch of them today , they where on the left (on a road without cycle lane) of a 4 lane intersection. I lane split down the middle to the front and looked their way only to get a dirty fowl look :angry2:from them. I cheerfully smiled and waved to them and then roared off laughing when the light turned green:laugh::laugh:. They must think they are only entitled to be up front or maybe I was just an evil bad motorcyclist breaking the law (in their eyes).:second:

Pedrostt500
7th July 2009, 19:03
I've always been tempted to make a motor cycle stencil up and spray paint it on cycle lanes.

GOONR
7th July 2009, 19:12
I was going to turn left at an intersection today and there was a queue of traffic backed up, so I slowly rode in the cycle lane at less that 10kmh so I could get to the front of this queue and this cyclist had a big go at me about how it's a cycle lane so I said "I know it's a cycle lane, and I'm on a cycle - a motor cycle" and then he had a big bitch at me and gave me this big lecture about how it's illegal and all this other bullshit. It's not the first time I've had cyclists get all shitty at me for using cycle lanes. Some of those cyclists think they own the cycle lanes. It pisses me off.

The next time your stood at a crossing and one jumps a red light, jump on top off the fucker then roll around on the floor complaining about your back screaming for your lawyer.. I hate those lycra wearing gits! Lycra makes you above the law you know.:bash:

Swoop
7th July 2009, 19:42
Pedestrian crossings are for pedestrians. The psyclists' like to cycle across these in contravention of the law and therefore are duly targetted by horn and Mr Spidi.

p.dath
7th July 2009, 20:28
So is the moral of the story that if enough people are doing something wrong then it all becomes okay?

CookMySock
7th July 2009, 20:45
So is the moral of the story that if enough people are doing something wrong then it all becomes okay?Sorta. Yeah.

Steve

FJRider
7th July 2009, 20:51
So is the moral of the story that if enough people are doing something wrong then it all becomes okay?

But it can't be wrong if "everybody" is doing it ... :rockon:

Ixion
7th July 2009, 20:58

Of course not. Lots of people doing something wrong is just lots of people doing something wrong. The moral of the story is that if I'm doing it then it all becomes OK.

Mr Skid
7th July 2009, 22:29
Lycra makes you above the law you know.:bash:Bollocks! Just today I saw jrandom stop for a red light! :cold:

CookMySock
8th July 2009, 07:45
Lots of people doing something wrong is just lots of people doing something wrong.Lots of people doing something wrong is lots of people having a good time. ;)

Cmon people, go do what you want to do. It'll be fun! Just don't get caught and don't hurt yourself or anyone else. :woohoo:

Steve

swbarnett
8th July 2009, 17:01
Isn't that the very nature of a democracy?

Aaron_newrider
8th July 2009, 17:12
I ride a push bike as well (only when I'm too drunk to legally operate a motor vehicle) and I don't care if motorbikes ride in the cycle lane.

Watch-out for this, if a cop decides to pull you over, you can be done for drink driving. Seriously - if you're on the road it's classed as a vehicle. Although, you would have to get a really shitty cop.

jrandom
8th July 2009, 17:24
:doobey:

'Cycle lanes' are for girls.

Chocky
9th July 2009, 00:17
Watch-out for this, if a cop decides to pull you over, you can be done for drink driving. Seriously - if you're on the road it's classed as a vehicle. Although, you would have to get a really shitty cop.

This is right, also the speed limit for bikes on the road is 30kph and I have been pulled for speeding....so it was 20 years ago...and I was going downhill...and I overtook an unmarked car....doing 70k....man did I get a telling off :angry2:

Mikkel
9th July 2009, 00:45
Well, if the cars can use the bike lanes - why shouldn't motorcycles be allowed to? And if we are to share the roads and cyclists stray outside their bicycle lanes - surely they would welcome us sharing their space as we share ours with them, surely?

More often than not I see people cutting across the bikelanes during corners - and some numbnuts seems to place half of their vehicle in them even on the straights... it beggars belief. What is the point of marking up bike lanes if they are just considered to be part of the left lane anyway?

That said, I will quite happily use the bike lane to split to the front at intersections - if, and only if, there is no other options. (I.e. people fail to keep left...)
Just like I am not adverse to utilising a smidgeon of flushed merians if people are sitting towards the righthand side of their lane doing less than TSL+10 km/h.

What would Jesus do? :sunny:

Turn the other cheek and then get back to his carpentry, I suppose...

firefighter
9th July 2009, 00:47
you may as well drive you will be DIC either way......(not something I agree with btw! )

Clockwork
9th July 2009, 11:57
you may as well drive you will be DIC either way......(not something I agree with btw! )

Does anyone know.... if you're DIC'd while on a pushbike and you hold a driver's license will you lose it?

SMOKEU
9th July 2009, 16:23
Does anyone know.... if you're DIC'd while on a pushbike and you hold a driver's license will you lose it?

This has been discussed in a thread I started several months ago. It is not illegal to ride a push bike drunk as long as you are not causing a danger to yourself or the public. It is illegal to walk in the middle of the road extremely drunk and creating a traffic hazard though, but it is not possible to be disqualified from driving due to an offence commited on push bike. I think it might be classed as disorderly behaviour, or breach of the peace, maybe a police officer can shed some light on this?

Drogen Omen
9th July 2009, 16:31
The bigest think that fuckes me off about cyclists is them riding down the cycle lane side by side... some times 3 a breast, the 3rd guy is over the white line...

Those fuckers deserve to get hit by a car... Some one needs to write a road code for them...

jrandom
9th July 2009, 16:59
Those fuckers deserve to get hit by a car...

So much anger!

:nono:

Anger leads to stress. Stress leads to doobies. Doobies lead to munchies, and munchies lead to needing to ride a bicycle to lose weight.

And I'm sure you don't want to be hit by a car. So chill out.

DrewBroadley
10th July 2009, 16:44
Wow, don't hold back guys.

Just remember to make sure you shit is polished ;)