PDA

View Full Version : taranaki ride to whanga pub?

soundbeltfarm
28th March 2005, 11:07
just seeing if anyone from the naki here is up for a ride to the whanga pub this coming weekend or just whenever suits.
im easy when it is.
i milk at night so i may have to come home earlier than you others but im keen.

inlinefour
28th March 2005, 17:35
Provided its not when i'm working... :niceone:

Sensei
28th March 2005, 17:50
Yep count me in & will see if Lee {funkfly} would be keen all so . Will ask the boy's if they are up for a blast . would be 3-4 more plus Pritch008 of here may want to come as well . Keep us posted or Pm
Sensei :drinknsin

inlinefour
28th March 2005, 18:07
I'd say that Scooterboy will be in...

Hitcher
28th March 2005, 18:21
What a great ride! All envious I am.

Racey Rider
28th March 2005, 18:39
I'll come! :grouphug:
I'll just have to start walking early, (only got a race bike).

Watch out for a leather clad hitch hiker on the road out of NP :bye: and whoevers last in the convoy had better stop!

And if you need a sober rider to get one of those 1000s home,, I guess I could make myself avaiable :whistle:

soundbeltfarm
29th March 2005, 20:12
sweet
got the milking off this weekend so im ready also getting some new feet put on the ol pig on friday.
does saturday suit?
not sure what the weather is going to do..

Ned
29th March 2005, 20:31
I'll be in too. Might also be 2 or 3 others if the weathers right.

Sensei
29th March 2005, 20:34
Make sure you break them in good on the way home ! Will see at work about long range forecast tomorrow . Was round the coast today for a blast .Well blast along lower Palmer Rd 11,000 rpm top gear :shifty:
SENSEI

soundbeltfarm
29th March 2005, 20:36
could be a few up for it... sweet.
one of my mates in waverly might be keen and about 5 others too.

Sensei
29th March 2005, 20:41
We may have to do a split racing Grind start LOL . Road looked ok when out there today but will get abit shit if this rain keep's up .
SENSEI

soundbeltfarm
29th March 2005, 20:45
how many kms would you do a week sensei?
seems like a fair amount.
im envious of you.
if i go to often i get the word from the wifey about doing the family thing.

Sensei
29th March 2005, 20:49
Hum most weeks 600k . Yea wifey does get Pissed about my love of riding & the fact I'v owned 53 bike's not all with her tho .Only 4 in 6y's . I do spend time with the Kid's take my 6y old on my GSXR1000 which he think's is Kool as
& my 20 month old love's blasting a round on my Z50 :Punk:
Sensei

soundbeltfarm
29th March 2005, 20:52
Hum most weeks 600k . Yea wifey does get Pissed about my love of riding & the fact I'v owned 53 bike's not all with her tho .Only 4 in 6y's . I do spend time with the Kid's take my 6y old on my GSXR1000 which he think's is Kool as
& my 20 month old love's blasting a round on my Z50 :Punk:
Sensei

no wonder you are a good rider.
600 kms thats wicked.

Sensei
29th March 2005, 21:00
Did 680k in 1 day at Christmas Bum was sore from leaving my wallet in my back pocket of my Jeans LOL 3 tank's of gas once round the mountain then to Mokua then back out round my back road's then home Nice
SENSEI

soundbeltfarm
30th March 2005, 09:46
Did 680k in 1 day at Christmas Bum was sore from leaving my wallet in my back pocket of my Jeans LOL 3 tank's of gas once round the mountain then to Mokua then back out round my back road's then home Nice
SENSEI

coool...
how many kms you normally get from a tank

Sensei
30th March 2005, 19:47
220k then light comes on abit less when riding quickly LOL
SENSEI

inlinefour
30th March 2005, 20:16
Working this weekend and have Thu/Fri off. Oh well, will go for a ride solo...

Ned
31st March 2005, 22:29
Weather looks good for Saturday in the West.
Anyone still interested in the Whanga trip? Where and when to meet?

Sensei
31st March 2005, 22:45
Yep still on Saturday 11am outside Mc Farlanes cafe Inglewood don't be late Will meet SBF at Straty then shes all on from there . :whistle:
SENSEI

Ned
31st March 2005, 22:47
Cool. See you at 11.

Funkyfly
1st April 2005, 12:13
Yep still on Saturday 11am outside Mc Farlanes cafe Inglewood don't be late Will meet SBF at Straty then shes all on from there . :whistle:
SENSEI

Have a good ride guys, dont forget to get some good photos and post them up here.

I wont be able to make it as im shifting house this Saturday, have a truck booked and all that, sux!

Sensei - watch out for those damn rabbits!

Funkyfly
1st April 2005, 12:14
Cool. See you at 11.

Hey ned, your not Warrens borther are you?

Racey Rider
1st April 2005, 13:07
I wont be able to make it as im shifting house this Saturday, have a truck booked and all that, sux!

O

So,,,

There a spare bike going then?!

Certainly don't need it getting in the way while your shifting!
It could get stratched!! :whistle:

soundbeltfarm
1st April 2005, 14:15
sweet see you all at straty.
anyone else just seeing this meeting up at mc farlanes cafe at inglewood at 11 .....

ManDownUnder
1st April 2005, 15:05
just seeing if anyone from the naki here is up for a ride to the whanga pub this coming weekend or just whenever suits.
im easy when it is.
i milk at night so i may have to come home earlier than you others but im keen.

I'll have to get in touch when I make it down that way... sounds like fun!

It won't be this weekend though. Enjoy it for me...

You don;t know anyone out that way with a bit of land or some wild cows on it do you? I've heard there's wild beef roaming those hills from years gone by when the farms went under and the cockies turned their stock loose...?!?

Have fun dude
MDU

Funkyfly
1st April 2005, 17:38
O

So,,,

There a spare bike going then?!

Certainly don't need it getting in the way while your shifting!
It could get stratched!! :whistle:

Nice try dude, but i will be riding it up to NP, the first ride i have done in a month!

Sensei
1st April 2005, 17:45
Going to cook rabbit for Tea LOL Bummer ya cann't make it Lee .
SENSEI

soundbeltfarm
1st April 2005, 18:23
Nice try dude, but i will be riding it up to NP, the first ride i have done in a month!

where do you live man?

soundbeltfarm
1st April 2005, 18:25
I'll have to get in touch when I make it down that way... sounds like fun!

It won't be this weekend though. Enjoy it for me...

You don;t know anyone out that way with a bit of land or some wild cows on it do you? I've heard there's wild beef roaming those hills from years gone by when the farms went under and the cockies turned their stock loose...?!?

Have fun dude
MDU

mate i got a couple of mates go and get wild cattle quite a bit .. well whenever they want sausages and mince.
know a few guys that hunt deer.
and a guy who goes pig hunting just about every weekend.
so if thats what smokes your thighs when you up this way i can set you up with them if you want.

Funkyfly
1st April 2005, 19:31
where do you live man?

In stratford last night tonight.

Racey Rider
1st April 2005, 19:33
very wise!
Obviously someone told you to warm it up before you hand it over to ME!

They don't call me Racey "Thrash that thing" Rider for nothin! :ride:

Well,, my wife does away!! :whistle:

Funkyfly
1st April 2005, 19:34
Going to cook rabbit for Tea LOL Bummer ya cann't make it Lee .
SENSEI

Heh, yea is a bummer, i have a big biking weekend next weekend though so will be able to get some miles under my belt.

If anyone wants to borrow the Judgement day DVD you can pop in on the way out if you like, otherwise have a good trip and catch you up next time bro.

P.S did you get another bar end?

Sensei
1st April 2005, 20:28
Yea $52 later F#@#$$k
SENSEI

pritch
1st April 2005, 20:35
Should see y'all at Mcfarlanes at 11:00

soundbeltfarm
1st April 2005, 20:36
Should see y'all at Mcfarlanes at 11:00see you tomorrow.

soundbeltfarm
2nd April 2005, 08:57
whats the weather like around the rest of the naki?
its pissing down here..
im by kaponga way.
so much for fine weather.

Racey Rider
2nd April 2005, 09:16
Overnite rain in NP.
Nice morning, No sign of rain here now. Looks good for NP today.
Mountain is covered with rain clouds blowing across from the west.
Looks dry in Ingelwood from here. (Maybe).

Sensei
2nd April 2005, 18:16
Well Hooked up with the Guys today for our ride to Whanga .Weather abit crappy to start with making the road alittle scarey at times . I had a couple of slides many though to much HP so road a gear higher then the Torque tryed to break out the back end afew times . Still we all got to the Pub in one piece & not to wet . Sat down to a feed which was pretty good & of course a Beer to wash it down . Talked about usual bike stuff Tyres / handling / etc & the ride out to Pub . Great to meet Soundbeltfarm = Karl with his Tidey 86 GSXR750 & Ned on his TRX850 plus Pritch008 with his Honda 900 Hornet.Neds mate on a VFR800 which I have riden with on some Pie n Pint's before Myself GSXR1000 & Dave a mate with his 03 RSVR Aprilia .
Weather cleared for the ride back drying the ride just enough so we could get some pace out of the road . stopped for a couple of Pics at the Whanga Saddle then went our ways back home . All in all a good ride & great chance to meet some more KB rider's :2thumbsup

soundbeltfarm
2nd April 2005, 19:22
hey thanks guys for an enjoyable ride.
was good to meet all of you's
nice spot that pub.
anytime any of you are going for a ride i'll be keen as long as not pre booked.
hey ned i forgot to ask you is your surname norgate?
i know a guy paul norgate he got or had a duke and looks just like you
later SBF

Ned
4th April 2005, 08:48
Great ride. Got rid of some cobwebs when the road dried out. Turned left at Stratford and did a quick run up the Wiremu Rd to go home round the mountain.

SBF... no I'm not a Norgate. Must have a double somewhere in the Naki.
Cheers