I am eager to get back in the saddle after a long time without
a motorcycle.
Cheers

merv
28th March 2005, 14:25
Good on ya mate - gotta have a bike.

MSTRS
28th March 2005, 14:45
Welcome (back). Interesting model bike you have there - Kazhakistani aint it?

Mr Skid
28th March 2005, 14:58
Good to hear your getting back into it! Any thoughts on what your going to get?

Retroqueen
28th March 2005, 15:00
Hi there
I just joined today as wel, after having had my bike off the road for two years. Got the new battery last week now need to get that charged up and clean the poor baby up so that I can take her out again. She's not too fond of it as she's classed as a "vintage" sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say that too loud she's just outside the door........
Ahhhhhhhh but if I could only remember what dear old dad taught me about cleaning plugs and setting timing and cleaning the gas out etc I'd be fine
cheers to all
Hoping to join you on a run as soon as she's ready either that or I'll give up doing it myself and send her in for a tidy up.
Retroqueen

Waylander
28th March 2005, 15:02
Welcome to the two new members.:niceone: Hope y'all get out on the road soon.

Coyote
28th March 2005, 15:09
Wilkommen to the site both of ya :niceone:

jaybee
28th March 2005, 15:32
welcome hope to see you on some KB rides soon

FOD
28th March 2005, 15:42
Good to hear your getting back into it! Any thoughts on what your going to get?

Good question, i have not decided but lots of options, eg start out
with a 250 and work back up the food chain or get right back on the
big machine.
New or used, i have only had Jap bikes so far but am interested
in European bikes as well.

Mr Skid
28th March 2005, 16:31
Good question, i have not decided but lots of options, eg start out
with a 250 and work back up the food chain or get right back on the
big machine.
New or used, i have only had Jap bikes so far but am interested
in European bikes as well.

As a thought here's a link to the list of 'learner approved' bikes in NSW http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/tests/motorcycleridertrainingscheme/motorcyclesnoviceriders.html

Their idea is rather than restricting learners on the basis of cc rating or hp, they've compiled a list of bike which they think are suitable for people getting into riding.

In your case you'll be getting on a bike with a few more clues than I had when I first got a leg over last year, but that list might help as a guide in your research of what to get.

I have noticed they've left the Suzuki SV650 off that list, which might be because the newer injected version is putting out quite a bit more twist/go than the earlier carb'd version. I'm pretty sure it was on there earlier.

I hear quite alot of good things about their rideability, so that might be worth looking at.

Yarg
28th March 2005, 16:31
Good luck with bike choice. many 2 choose from. :ride:

woody68
28th March 2005, 17:59
Welcome to the site it's a good one lots of helpful poeple here. :Punk:

Euro all the way mate. :msn-wink:

dangerous
28th March 2005, 19:26
a motorcycle.
Cheers

Hi there
I just joined today as wel, after having had my bike off the road for two years.
Hey you two....... welcome to KB, get comfortable and take no shit from anyone. :niceone:

Biff
28th March 2005, 21:46
Welcome. :niceone:
Welcome. :niceone:

Rules:
1. I am important.
2. Everything I say is very important.

That's all - oh, and watch out for Dangerous, he has a thing for small furry animals.

dangerous
29th March 2005, 06:04
That's all - oh, and watch out for Dangerous, he has a thing for small furry animals.
Now what did I just say about taking no shit......... BB I think you are refuring to Kickaha, those that live alone are very suspisous people :niceone:

wari
29th March 2005, 12:35
:moon: <== one furr you and one furr you ==> :moon:

ANd one onda house .. ==> :moon: ... :drinknsin

Enjoy yurrsleffs yous fullash ... nevrr mind me .. I have a nuturral slurr .. :wari:

:doobey:

vifferman
29th March 2005, 12:53
a motorcycle.
Hiya, FOD! Welcome to the Kiwi Biker gargre. :spudwave:

Hi there
I just joined today as wel, after having had my bike off the road for two years. Got the new battery last week now need to get that charged up and clean the poor baby up so that I can take her out again. She's not too fond of it as she's classed as a "vintage" sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say that too loud she's just outside the door........
I did a lot of my early riding on a CB350: not mine - borrowed my sister's boyfriend's one. Wasn't supposed to be riding it, but what the hell - it was a bike, cops were uncommon, and usually not too gnarsty. I guess that makes me a vintage too. :confused:

Anyways, enough blathering from me - welcome to Kiwi Biker. Hope the CB gets going soon. :Punk:

dangerous
29th March 2005, 18:17
she's classed as a "vintage"
just checked out ya profile pic...... is that a dunstal kit on the old girl, certenly not stock is it, I might be wrong of course... it did happen once before :ride:

magnum
6th April 2005, 17:00
hi and welcome :ride: