PDA

View Full Version : The Blairs return from the South Island

LB
28th March 2005, 19:10
Arrived back from a wonderful three week South Island trip last night on the 7.00pm Lynx.

Did around 5,500kms and met some KBer's - some by arrangement, some by fluke.....Zapf, Jantar, Rider-in-Black, Scumdog, Slim et al, Bugsplat, Mr and Mrs Hitcher, Manuboy, Kickaha, Biff Baff. Apologies if I've forgotten to include anyone (the old brain cells are in "oh shit, not work tomorrow" mode).

Will do a bit of a write up as time permits.

merv
28th March 2005, 21:14
Welcome back.

What?
29th March 2005, 06:29
So the trip lived up to the level of your gloating at Pukekohe, Lynda? :msn-wink: Look forward to the write-up. :ride:

jazbug5
29th March 2005, 06:56
Welcome back!!!
You were missed on Saturday night; poor Cathy had to get up and do the 'We all met on the internet, folks' speech... but it just wasn't the same. Joni and I wore red in your honour. We'll have to have another night soon!

scumdog
29th March 2005, 08:09
Glad to hear you both made it home safely!!

Yup, that gold pick-up truck you saw in Reefton on Friday was moi and Chrissy Bimbo, stopped for a latte' and panini there. (So the cafe people thought we came from Auckland) :msn-wink:

It was DAMN wet eh? only on the West Coast do you get "real" rain.

GSVR
29th March 2005, 12:38
Averageing around 260 kms a day over three weeks is alot of riding. How are the Pirelli's looking Lynda?

Enjoyed chatting with you and Hamish at Puke.

Glad to hear you had a good tour.

Ms Piggy
29th March 2005, 12:47
Welcome back!! :2thumbsup Look forward to a FULL report.

Hitcher
29th March 2005, 13:02
Welcome back Lynda (and Hamish)

I haven't got to the Athol scones yet in my write-up, but thanks for the tip!

RiderInBlack
30th March 2005, 08:52
The South Is Blair Witch Project.

There is no escaping for KB'er from the Blair:eek: See the evidence.

Blair does the gavel (see the "Dirty Duke" Pics).

She'll find you anywhere (see "Jatar & RIB caught by the Blair" & "Bugsplat & RIB caught by the Blair again").

Beware KB'ers she could be coming to a place near you soon:gob:

LB
31st March 2005, 06:21
Great piccies thanks RIB!

The rear view shot makes it look like I've got gold Marzocchi (sp?) wheels!

James Deuce
31st March 2005, 07:34
The South Is Blair Witch Project.

There is no escaping for KB'er from the Blair:eek: See the evidence.

Blair does the gavel (see the "Dirty Duke" Pics).

She'll find you anywhere (see "Jatar & RIB caught by the Blair" & "Bugsplat & RIB caught by the Blair again").

Beware KB'ers she could be coming to a place near you soon:gob:

Hehe, she's like that.

We've missed her, and it will be great to have her back to insult, err, challenge my hard won sense of humour.

OT - which one of you guys has the BMW helmet? I'm coming up to a Boots and Helmet refresh, and everything I've read about the BMW's suggests they are brilliant? Anyone wanna do a review before I spend readies (it's all about me remember)?

phantom
31st March 2005, 08:27
thats a bloody big chopper flag in the last picture :ride:

Joni
31st March 2005, 08:33
We'll have to have another night soon!
Have to agree with you Jaz... :niceone:

Welcome home Lynda!!

Hitcher
31st March 2005, 10:28
OT - which one of you guys has the BMW helmet? I'm coming up to a Boots and Helmet refresh, and everything I've read about the BMW's suggests they are brilliant? Anyone wanna do a review before I spend readies (it's all about me remember)?
Review of BMW helmets: "The bastards don't make them big enough. I would have thought that if one was looking to cover a big scone, Bavaria would have been the one place in the world it could be done. But no. Alas, alack. Shoei rules!!"