PDA

View Full Version : Bar end

Sensei
28th March 2005, 19:50
Got back from ride today , not happy with the way the bike felt through out the ride . Seemed like it was favouring more to the right side in the steering ?? Got home & gave bike Her after ride clean & check to find my Left Bar end was completely gone ! :angry2: . Now I know why it felt funny .. Don't know how it droped out as I keep them tight . Must have broke the rubber stopper to have let it fall out .Bugger will have to buy a whole new End Kit
Will have to do the full ckeck over tomorrow with the Allenkeys .

SENSEI

sAsLEX
28th March 2005, 20:07
Got back from ride today , not happy with the way the bike felt through out the ride . Seemed like it was favouring more to the right side in the steering ?? Got home & gave bike Her after ride clean & check to find my Left Bar end was completely gone ! :angry2: . Now I know why it felt funny .. Don't know how it droped out as I keep them tight . Must have broke the rubber stopper to have let it fall out .Bugger will have to buy a whole new End Kit
Will have to do the full ckeck over tomorrow with the Allenkeys .

SENSEI

or do the same route again nice and slow!!! Quasi found a guys jacket that was lost a week before on a ride so you never know your luck!!

WINJA
28th March 2005, 20:46
DIDNT I SAY CHECK YOUR FASTNERS

Teflon
28th March 2005, 21:05
Got back from ride today , not happy with the way the bike felt through out the ride . Seemed like it was favouring more to the right side in the steering ??
SENSEI
Just for vibration aren't they?.

Zed
28th March 2005, 21:13
or do the same route again nice and slow!!! Quasi found a guys jacket that was lost a week before on a ride so you never know your luck!!But Quasi never found his wallet that he dropped on route to Raglan last year! I started looking for it on the ride home and gave up after about 30 seconds when I realised that scanning both sides of the road while trying to concentrate on riding was endangering my life! Unless the lost item is fluorescent or the size of a "jacket" you can kiss it goodbye. :wavey:

WINJA
28th March 2005, 21:15
Ummm is it just me or... bar end weight..small .. jacket.. frikken huge.

But in saying that I lost a bolt from my packrack once, back tracked.. hey presto.. whats this on the road!! yep.. it was run over but still worked.
NICKO FOUND MY BAR END WEIGHT ON THE WAY BACK FROM PIHA, BUT THEN HE DID SEE IT FALL OFF , GOOD SPOTTING THOUGH

TwoSeven
28th March 2005, 21:36
I would suggest buying original ones. They are weigted to balance the switch gear in order to stop vibration.

GSVR
29th March 2005, 12:58
Are handlebar ends there to stop vibration being transmitted to your hands?

I was told by someone I consider knowlegeable they where there to lessen the risk of tank slappers, but then read in a bike review about them being to stop vibration.

GSVR
29th March 2005, 13:07
http://www.manicsalamander.com/bar_end_faq.htm#bar7

These guys say vibration.

They also say its not a good idea to put them on Aluminium handlebars due to stress fatigue. I'm sure my clippons on the SV are Alloy.

Ixion
29th March 2005, 13:10
http://www.manicsalamander.com/bar_end_faq.htm#bar7

These guys say vibration.

They also say its not a good idea to put them on Aluminium handlebars due to stress fatigue. I'm sure my clippons on the SV are Alloy.

My understanding is that they cut vibration, by turning the high frequency zzzzzzzzzz vibes that make your hand numb, into lower frequency brbrbrbrbr vibes that make your hands feel 3 times their size.

They might help stop tank slappers too (especialy on old bikes) by changing the resonant frequencies of the steering head mechanism

scumdog
29th March 2005, 13:12
D'ya think if I 'glued' a weight onto each end of my Sportys handlebars it would stop the vibrations? :lol:

**R1**
29th March 2005, 13:21
D'ya think if I 'glued' a weight onto each end of my Sportys handlebars it would stop the vibrations? :lol:Sure, start with sumfin light...say 50kg a side:niceone: ya should be sorted...let me know if ya need anymore performance tips for HD's i have thousands:killingme

scumdog
29th March 2005, 13:35
Sure, start with sumfin light...say 50kg a side:niceone: ya should be sorted...let me know if ya need anymore performance tips for HD's i have thousands:killingme

You have thousands of Harleys? Why Aaron you sly dog you! And what a lucky guy too! :killingme

**R1**
29th March 2005, 14:23
You have thousands of Harleys? Why Aaron you sly dog you! And what a lucky guy too! :killingmeyoud think them trainer copers would teach u fellers to read...i have heaps of performance tips, like if ya want ya bike to do 300kph ya can tow it behind a Yamaha:banana: ...

if i owned one i would use it for off roading

scumdog
29th March 2005, 15:05
youd think them trainer copers would teach u fellers to read...i have heaps of performance tips, like if ya want ya bike to do 300kph ya can tow it behind a Yamaha:banana: ...

if i owned one i would use it for off roading
Ah! So you're one of the 'other' type of rider, - the ones that want to own a Harley! (As opposed to the lucky other ones who already have one!)

woody68
29th March 2005, 17:33
I used my old winter gloves on the start of my ride on friday becuase it was raining and I did'nt want my new summer gloves getting wet.

They are a little bit tight and they made the numbing realy bad.

On saturday put them on top of the car to dry and latter drove down to the shops forgot the buggers were there so need new ones now.

Sensei
29th March 2005, 17:35
Great news Found my Bar end .Was sitting in a new GSXR1000 K4's handle bar at the Bike shop here . Who would have thought it could have rolled that far ?? Shop owner said it turned up at about 5 PM Saturday at the door wanting to get in .. Poor little Bugger was all cold & wet through . Still cost me $45 for the whole thing :angry2: They didn't believe it was mine , yes it is I said look it's just the same as the other side :killingme .Great to have back in bike felt heap's better with out hands going to sleep after 10k :Punk:

SENSEI

sAsLEX
29th March 2005, 18:09
you didn't even go looking though did you!!

Sensei
29th March 2005, 18:52
300k that day all country roads . Look I don't think so Would have sent $20 just on gas LOL
SENSEI