PDA

View Full Version : 2009 ktm 1190 rc8 r

Lula
12th July 2009, 16:13
Not a bad bike.

This morning I needed some milk so I took it up the road to the local dairy - yes in my PJ's...

Devil
12th July 2009, 16:23
hah nice one.
I'd be in my PJ's too if I was riding one, because it'd be in my dreams!

You dont wear those boots to bed do you?

R6_kid
12th July 2009, 17:51
This morning I needed some milk so I took it up the road to the local dairy - yes in my PJ's...

Did Raj give you a discount?

nsrpaul
12th July 2009, 17:52
mmmmmmmmm flannel

havent seen any rc8s on the road here, but why wont the wankers build the rc4!!!!:Oi::argue:

Owl
12th July 2009, 19:56
Stands ready to hold off the ATGATT supporters!:bash:

Oh very nice bike!:yes:

chrispy121
12th July 2009, 22:30
thank you for getting the milk :niceone:

Lula
12th July 2009, 23:29
You dont wear those boots to bed do you?

Sometimes the boots are the only thing I will wear!

Seriously this is a wicked bike. This KTM is the new generation and is set to give the Ducati 1198, BMW S1000RR and Aprilia RSV4 some good competition.

In true superbike fashion it is nasty on anything under 3,000 revs, but once up and running it is pure thrills to ride :drool:
It's got 123 Nm torque, 170hp at 10,250 rpm and if that is not enough for you KTM are offering an optional racing kit that’ll boost power to 180hp! It's nice and light too - only a mere 183kgs dry and nearly 200kgs wet.
I'm expecting this model will probably set you back around $38K but don't quote me on that I'm still waiting to hear the true RRP.

To see the full review check out the August issue of Motorcycle Trader which is on sale at the end of this month.

sil3nt
13th July 2009, 00:00
I love the look of this bike. When ya testing that new beemer?

Gremlin
13th July 2009, 00:34
I want that engine in my 990SM :drool:

Mort
13th July 2009, 03:00
Sounds awesome.... I love em

Dazza
13th July 2009, 11:58
Sometimes the boots are the only thing I will wear!

Seriously this is a wicked bike. This KTM is the new generation and is set to give the Ducati 1198, BMW S1000RR and Aprilia RSV4 some good competition.

In true superbike fashion it is nasty on anything under 3,000 revs, but once up and running it is pure thrills to ride :drool:
It's got 123 Nm torque, 170hp at 10,250 rpm and if that is not enough for you KTM are offering an optional racing kit that’ll boost power to 180hp! It's nice and light too - only a mere 183kgs dry and nearly 200kgs wet.
I'm expecting this model will probably set you back around $38K but don't quote me on that I'm still waiting to hear the true RRP.

To see the full review check out the August issue of Motorcycle Trader which is on sale at the end of this month.Very Cool Lula,a mate of mine has just fitted the Superstock kit in his & he's lovin it, hate to know how much it's set him back $38K purchase price + full Akrapovic exhaust now this Superstock kit, very loverly :niceone:

Lula
14th July 2009, 10:24
See the full review of this one in the August issue of Motorcycle Trader on sale at the end of this month...mmmm I am in :love:

Dazza
14th July 2009, 10:29
See the full review of this one in the August issue of Motorcycle Trader on sale at the end of this month...mmmm I am in :love:Me too, but damn I didn't realise it was a girls bike :confused:

Reckless
14th July 2009, 10:40
The RC8R got second behind the RSV4 in the superbike shootout in the latest Cycleworld mag I just got from the states. Apparently there is no Masterbike this year due to the financial situation and another magazine the German PS mag stepped in and held the comparison. Which had all the top 1000+ bikes in accept for the new BMW.

BTW: Cycleworld was quite good this month reviewing the BMW1000rr, Masterbike stand in test and Ten best bikes awards (from all categories).
BIG thanks the to the KB thread posted informing me of the deal I got it for about $24USD for 2 years.

NZsarge
14th July 2009, 12:02
I think the motor in the RC8R should be shoe horned into the SuperDuke, that'd give the Ducati Streetfighter something to think about!!
mmmm, SuperDuke RR. :niceone:
The RC8R is the best looking version if nothing else, the colours suit it far better than the orange, would still like to see a RC8 in white like you can get overseas, it looked stunning in the pamphlet.

Scouse
14th July 2009, 12:26
See the full review of this one in the August issue of Motorcycle Trader on sale at the end of this month...mmmm I am in :love:I am very envious I rode the standard RC8 and loved it cant wait to get me hands on the R

Dazza
14th July 2009, 13:43
I think the motor in the RC8R should be shoe horned into the SuperDuke, that'd give the Ducati Streetfighter something to think about!!
mmmm, SuperDuke RR. :niceone:
The RC8R is the best looking version if nothing else, the colours suit it far better than the orange, would still like to see a RC8 in white like you can get overseas, it looked stunning in the pamphlet.
Man, are we singing off the same song sheet or what !!!:shifty:

firefighter
14th July 2009, 13:55
I think i'm the only man in the world who doesn't really like it.....

For that money i'd rather have abrand new R1 AND a brand new R6...........one for the road and one for the track ..........and some money left over for gear/mods...

Not that i'd be terribly upset with the prospect of owning one.....!

Each to their own I guess............

Reckless
14th July 2009, 14:04
For that money i'd rather have a............

Who cares mate if its good enough to get a nice lookin girl to ride to the dairy in her PJ's I'm sold!!! LOL!!! :innocent:
Now where is that Lotto ticket???

PS and the boot comment Lula was GOLD!! LOL!!!

captain_andrey
14th July 2009, 16:21
Me thinks you need a better photographer. Those panning shots are pretty.. meh.

unrealone
16th July 2009, 15:39
Mmmm.. no matter how many times I look at the pictures or from what angle, it's still not growing on me. Quite simply - it's ugly.

NZsarge
16th July 2009, 17:15
Man, are we singing off the same song sheet or what !!!:shifty:

I'd also like to see the motor from the new R1 detuned about 10hp but tweeked for even more torque then slap in in the FZ1S with some subtle styling and chassis updates/tweeks.
I'd buy that!

Gubb
16th July 2009, 21:43
Jeez. Your job must suck the life out of you.

Tough break. Eventually a real job will show up.

Maha
17th July 2009, 17:02
Doesn't do alot for me......too.......transformer like.

Gremlin
17th July 2009, 19:15
Well, if you could use the word only (simply because its less than Lula's guess)... the RRP for the KTM RC8 R is $38k...

still a whackload of money :crazy:, but apparently its definitely nicer than the 31k RC8...

then again, its well priced when matching it to the premium bikes of Aprilia, Ducati etc.