PDA

View Full Version : PMCC, Rnd 3 Taupo 3rd APR '05

Motoracer
29th March 2005, 11:33
Hey there guys and galls, I am just bringing this race meeting to your attention. It is happening this Sunday the 3rd of April. It is organised by Pacific M/C Club and it's Round 3 of the series.

I will be there along with some other KB members, racing.

If you are keen to come along for support and a watch, please do. You might get to see some of the top road racing names from around the country doing what they are best at, on this club race event.

Racing will start somewhere around 10:30 AM.

Cheers!

Quasievil
29th March 2005, 11:48
I will try and get there mate to give you a bit of support, will see how I go with kids and things

Motoracer
29th March 2005, 11:54
I will try and get there mate to give you a bit of support, will see how I go with kids and things

Sweet, sounds good man!

sAsLEX
29th March 2005, 12:33
will be there as pit crew for k14!! maybe lend you and ts a hand if you need it as well

k14
29th March 2005, 12:35
will be there as pit crew for k14!! maybe lend you and ts a hand if you need it as well

oi, no helping the opposition :msn-wink:

sAsLEX
29th March 2005, 12:59
oi, no helping the opposition :msn-wink:
you going up against sudeep on what?? your rs?? maybe if he was on his push bike or something :whistle:

That Guy
29th March 2005, 13:50
Team RGV will be there.....(that's me + curious george) :stoogie: :msn-wink:

ktulu
29th March 2005, 14:08
I might stop in, I will be on my way back from selling my RGV though....

ajturbo
29th March 2005, 14:24
luke and i will try and get there!! i know how to use a FBH..!:msn-wink:

modalx
31st March 2005, 09:56
I'll be there. Racing this time. :yeah:

Motoracer
31st March 2005, 11:23
I'll be there. Racing this time. :yeah:

Good on ya! :niceone: In Superbikes/F1?

modalx
31st March 2005, 22:46
Not sure what the club expects of noobs but I'm on for clubmans, F1, superbike or any combination. At the track on Tuesday circulating betwn 44.5 and 45.5 - not sure how that will go and racing will be very different but whatever I'm just keen to get out there and hoping my ego can take the battering!

White trash
1st April 2005, 09:58
Fucken not much wrong with them times mate.

Might be a bit quick for clubmans. You can expect to instantly drop a second a lap when the flag drops and it's for real also.

Good luck.

Motoracer
1st April 2005, 11:14
Not sure what the club expects of noobs but I'm on for clubmans, F1, superbike or any combination. At the track on Tuesday circulating betwn 44.5 and 45.5 - not sure how that will go and racing will be very different but whatever I'm just keen to get out there and hoping my ego can take the battering!

Them times are fine for F1/Superbikes. No point in going in clubmas as you'll be laping them by yourself. If you do F1/Superbikes, you can't race in clubmans and v.v.

Jump in F1 and we might end up having a good battle! :niceone:

modalx
1st April 2005, 11:36
Them times are fine for F1/Superbikes. No point in going in clubmas as you'll laping them by yourself. If you do the other races, you can't race in clubmans and v.v.

Jump in F1 and we might end up having a good battle! :niceone:

Cheers - that's the plan then - add a bit more V2 music to F1/SB. :cool:

Kinda hoping the race fairings / knobs turn up from Oz today. I called the outfit and got "Not there yet? Cobba, they left here 3 weeks ago, dinkum. Posted em meself. Spent all afternoon lickin stamps and jeez it was a prick of a thing to get thru the slot."

scroter
1st April 2005, 12:07

hey i was there on tuesday as well, i was the one having the good ol battle with the SP5. you sure were going quick alright

modalx
1st April 2005, 12:19
hey i was there on tuesday as well, i was the one having the good ol battle with the SP5. you sure were going quick alright

OK - good to put the nick to the face. You know I whinged about having no brakes late in the day? - the SBS pads were utterly fried all crispy and crumbly. 2 enthusiastic track days and maybe 5000 road ks since new. I won't be doing that again - HRC 4 me. :niceone:

scroter
1st April 2005, 12:25
my brakes were fine although i think everyone was braking pretty early myself included. my tyres were rooted by the end of the day but man was it fun having that battle, we must have passed each other 10-15 times.

FROSTY
1st April 2005, 22:16
OK - good to put the nick to the face. You know I whinged about having no brakes late in the day? - the SBS pads were utterly fried all crispy and crumbly. 2 enthusiastic track days and maybe 5000 road ks since new. I won't be doing that again - HRC 4 me. :niceone:
Im sure i'm tellin gramma how to suck eggs but you have got the bike set up to race havent ya?
glycol out of the rad. Sump plug and oil filter wired. catch bottle for overflows.
If you havent you wont be allowed to race.
The race licence thing wont be a problem because these guys do EOD

FROSTY
1st April 2005, 22:27
Ill be there with mella yella and the SV hopefully not going embarresingly slowly.
Douggie and me back on the grid together--woopeee

modalx
2nd April 2005, 00:19
Im sure i'm tellin gramma how to suck eggs but you have got the bike set up to race havent ya?

Yeah the bike is all set though I've just jacked the shock 5mm and would love to have a bit of setup time. I've had a bit of trouble with eating up the rear tyre. Not sure what chance there will be to practice on the day? Have an MCNZ license already so pretty much ready to bumble.

k14
2nd April 2005, 08:20
Pretty sure there are 2 practice sessions before the first race. I'll see all you guys there.

babyB
2nd April 2005, 11:21
hay racers

sadly i wont be there, but have a premo day, brake a leg (but not literally) & stay rubber side down guys

:2thumbsup cheers for you all :banana: & kick ass

Two Smoker
2nd April 2005, 12:43
Good luck everyone :niceone: Sadly i wont be there as my bill for the ZXR came in at $1600 :disapint: Will be at the track day and Winter Series round one....

Motoracer
2nd April 2005, 16:38
Just an update everyone.

I was just preping my bike for the race and everything was fine. However, as I went to change the oil, I have discovered a rather significant crack in the sump of the GSXR. The oil literaly started dripping out, so there isn't enough time to get a new sump in time. Therefore, I miss out on the racing for tomorrow.

Good luck to all and I'll catch yous next time.

Two Smoker
2nd April 2005, 16:57
Just an update everyone.

I was just preping my bike for the race and everything was fine. However, as I went to change the oil, I have discovered a rather significant crack in the sump of the GSXR. The oil literaly started dripping out, so there isn't enough time to get a new sump in time. Therefore, I miss out on the racing for tomorrow.

Good luck to all and I'll catch yous next time.

Ah shit mate :( Things arent going to well for us with bike costs at the mo aye??? Should be able to just weld it up, no need for the new sump...

Motoracer
2nd April 2005, 17:02
Ah shit mate :( Things arent going to well for us with bike costs at the mo aye??? Should be able to just weld it up, no need for the new sump...

Actually Nicko just rang me up and he has a spare sump at his place. This will be a repeat of the Nats, with me fixing the bike all night and driving to Taupo and race without sleep but atleast I'll get track time.

Sweet, if everything goes back on the bike OK, I'll be racing again tomorrow!

Cheers Nick, what a legend!!

Two Smoker
2nd April 2005, 17:07
Actually Nicko just rang me up and he has a spare sump at his place. This will be a repeat of the Nats, with me fixing the bike all night and driving to Taupo and race without sleep but atleast I'll get track time.

Sweet, if everything goes back on the bike OK, I'll be racing again tomorrow!

Cheers Nick, what a legend!!

Fark what a legend!!! Nicko, Firefight and Frosty should be at the top of the reputation list!!!

Good luck mate :niceone: Just aim for 43's or 42's if your going to be tired... Maybe stay at Quasi's???

sAsLEX
3rd April 2005, 19:23
Bloody good day will let the boys tell you how they went, but watching sudeep nearly highside while leading f1/f2 out of the right follwoing the hairpin, holding on and still putting down 43 secs on that lap was a highlight!!!

oh and K14 was getting some very good times for his first time at the track and on the bike :niceone:

Two Smoker
3rd April 2005, 19:30
Bloody good day will let the boys tell you how they went, but watching sudeep nearly highside while leading f1/f2 out of the right follwoing the hairpin, holding on and still putting down 43 secs on that lap was a highlight!!!

oh and K14 was getting some very good times for his first time at the track and on the bike :niceone:
Cant wait for the updates!!!

babyB
3rd April 2005, 19:33
waites patiently for the guys to post :crazy: wanna hear all bout it
*tappin fingernails* :doobey:

justsomeguy
3rd April 2005, 20:05
Motoracers best time of the day was 42.6. second best was 43.4 - both on the last race. During the first practice he did low 49's - mid 47's

Let him fill in the details about his incidents and his "certificate" at the end of the day
Nicko came :first: (overall) and was bloody fast compared the the rest of the field except the guy who came second..... both of them went pretty much head to head 99% of the time with less than a second in between them.

Didn;t get the name of the other guy but I'm sure Nicko knows......

Two Smoker
3rd April 2005, 20:58
Motoracers best time of the day was 42.6. second best was 43.4 - both on the last race. During the first practice he did low 49's - mid 47's

Let him fill in the details about his incidents and his "certificate" at the end of the day
Nicko came :first: (overall) and was bloody fast compared the the rest of the field except the guy who came second..... both of them went pretty much head to head 99% of the time with less than a second in between them.

Didn;t get the name of the other guy but I'm sure Nicko knows......

TOP STUFF NICKO!!! Hurry up and lets see some race reports... 49's and 47's are for scrubbing in tyres mate :niceone:

sAsLEX
3rd April 2005, 21:01
TOP STUFF NICKO!!! Hurry up and lets see some race reports... 49's and 47's are for scrubbing in tyres mate :niceone:

he did a 43.8 after pretty much highsiding it, and then dropped in to the 42s by my watch for a couple of laps in that race

Two Smoker
3rd April 2005, 21:05
he did a 43.8 after pretty much highsiding it, and then dropped in to the 42s by my watch for a couple of laps in that race

And how did K14 go??? Many GP125 bikes there??? or did he have to battle with F3 guys???

justsomeguy
3rd April 2005, 21:49
And how did K14 go??? Many GP125 bikes there??? or did he have to battle with F3 guys???

I believe there were about 3 bikes......

K14 ... some little kid...... and another guy who was real quick overtook Motoracer in the last sweeper of the last lap of the 2nd race to take 3rd place.

Two Smoker
3rd April 2005, 21:59
I believe there were about 3 bikes......

K14 ... some little kid...... and another guy who was real quick overtook Motoracer in the last sweeper of the last lap of the 2nd race to take 3rd place.

Are you sure it was a GP125??? Sounds like a GP250...

justsomeguy
4th April 2005, 04:57
Are you sure it was a GP125??? Sounds like a GP250...

I asked MR for clarification each time....... as this was the 1st I've heard if the little wee things

That Guy
4th April 2005, 11:29
The 125 was Jay Dibben on his RS125. He was freakin' flyin. Smoked us all in F3.

sAsLEX
4th April 2005, 12:24
The 125 was Jay Dibben on his RS125. He was freakin' flyin. Smoked us all in F3.

must be a mint bike, was doing wheelies out of the hair pin under power!!!

That Guy
4th April 2005, 12:46
must be a mint bike, was doing wheelies out of the hair pin under power!!!

In pracitce he passed me on the start/finish straight, I was tucked in screaming the tits off the RGV and he just rode on by like a SV650 does, no problems. One Fast 125.

k14
4th April 2005, 12:53
In pracitce he passed me on the start/finish straight, I was tucked in screaming the tits off the RGV and he just rode on by like a SV650 does, no problems. One Fast 125.

Yeah I think it was a 2000 or so model RS125. He was apparantly doing consistent 42's all day. Managed to keep up with the F1 and F2 guys fairly comfortably, pretty sure he got an overall placing in the top 3 in both classes and of course won the 125gp class (i got 2nd :Punk: out of 3 :whistle: ).

ajturbo
4th April 2005, 17:19
yer ... that guy was flying!!

i watched him out brake and out corner a supermotad!! (think it was on lap 3?) the guy nearly had a heart attack..hahahahah
but he was smooth and flowing.... it was great to watch!...

as for MR's little woopsy...didn't seam to slow him much..... big balls that guy!
NEARLY got it on camera..(dam amaturs...me)

but a BIG thanks to frosty and dug...to let me take out the SV :banana: !!!

yer baby.. i can now see why Riff Raff and the Mad Duck have one..... (the ones i know who have one!!)..... great around the sweeper, pulled away from frosty down the back straight....(yer right).. only problem i had was the hair pin.... keept on dropping into it toooooooo fast for my liking.... thinking a different front end...or rider would help with the problem...hahaha
but it was fun.. only went 50% as i didn't want a big bill....:whistle:

great day's racing guys...... wish i had more time to move a round and chat ... but frosty and dug kept me very busy

hope to see all of ya next week..........

i have been told to have my "don't F###K with me " hat on.... hahahahah

frosty has given me a really important job.... cleaning toilets or something:confused: