PDA

View Full Version : Bike Names

phaedrus
29th March 2005, 13:49
so. how many of us name our bikes?

mine picked up 'Tovera' as a name recently.

Sniper
29th March 2005, 13:52
Almost as bad/godd as by thread

bear
29th March 2005, 13:54
Mine came with a name - bandit.

Maximus
29th March 2005, 13:55
Mrs Maximus seems to have started calling mine, "That slut/bitch" or whatever she can think of at the time. I think she mite be jealous of all the time i spend with her?. . . . . . . :whistle:

NC
29th March 2005, 13:56
"Christmas on a stick"

vifferman
29th March 2005, 14:15
I don't call the VifFerraRi anything.

Except on here, and that's just because it's easier than telling y'all about how wonderful my bike is, how beautiful and blue the paint is, and how it sounds like a Ferrari when wound up.

Takes a while to give the key 237 turns though....:shifty:

Biff
29th March 2005, 14:23
BastardBrokenBiffBird esquire.

Riff Raff
29th March 2005, 14:35
Last one was Bella
New one is Sven

Wolf
29th March 2005, 14:45
Only if they're noteworthy (good or bad) in some respect. The Zundapp was called "Dragon", the Puch was called "Beast".

Lias
29th March 2005, 14:49
My GN is called GiNa :-)

Lucyloo
29th March 2005, 15:07
Mine is called "Baby Bike" 'cause she is little and pretty.

Motu
29th March 2005, 15:23
One is called Artesia....well,well,well.Another is called Lanza,that's Spanish for lance - um,I don't want to go there...made for guys who want to sit on a long hard shaft? - still,I drive a Pajero,Spanish for wanker.What's with all the Spanish eh?

Monsterbishi
29th March 2005, 16:29
It came stamped "YZF" so that's what I call it, funnily enough, just the my other bike, the "CBR"...

No point in naming a bike, it's just another excuse to whimper like a pansy when you send it down the road on it's side really...

Waylander
29th March 2005, 16:32
No point in naming a bike, it's just another excuse to whimper like a pansy when you send it down the road on it's side really...
Hehe don't need a reason to whimper about that just the fact that it's damaged is enough. Read my post in the gender thread and you'll understand why mine doesn't have a name.

pyrocam
29th March 2005, 16:33
I havent named mine yet. its not good enough for a name like 'dragon' or 'viper' or anything like that (not that I would touch names like that with a 20 foot barge pole)

perhaps. Ronald?

Ixion
29th March 2005, 16:50

Der KlonkenKlankenKrunchenWagen

The T500 is , obviously, called Cronus . One look at that steering damper sticking up and the reason's clear (hasn't managed to get me yet, though)

Wolf
29th March 2005, 16:56
Der KlonkenKlankenKrunchenWagen
That should be "Der KlonkenKlankenKrunchenMotorrad." Please do not insult the bike by calling it a car. ;)

Skyryder
29th March 2005, 18:32
He's just the Drake.

Skyryder

MSTRS
29th March 2005, 18:37
The Mistress - coz itsa da odda woman in my life. Explains my screen name don't it?

SlashWylde
29th March 2005, 19:13
Belladonna, or Bella for short.

pete376403
29th March 2005, 19:34
Exxon Valdeez - on account of the size and the oil leaks

2 schmoke
29th March 2005, 19:50
"baby', "suzi"(real original!) or " peice of s**t"

Coyote
29th March 2005, 20:01
I have no name thus far, but it will have to be something totally awesome that you would say 'Damn, that's the awesomenessest name for a bike ever'

Something like DEATH CULT ARMEGGEDON!

Big Dave
29th March 2005, 20:30
The Trophy is 'The Battlestar'.

Waylander
29th March 2005, 20:31
The Trophy is 'The Battlestar'.
And the other one is what? Galactica? :killingme

RiderInBlack
29th March 2005, 20:41
1991 GSXR250: "Little Black Beauty". Earnt after carring me + an 80L backpack Whangarei - Haast - Dunedin - Whangarei and still pulling the odd 160KPM's.

1990 VFR750: Surname - "Bat-Bike" after return from a Nursing night shift and the Landlord opening the electric garage door for me. Picture a black VFR with a black leather clad ride (complete with black helmet of course:msn-wink: were do you think I got my user name from:msn-wink: ) returning from fighting crime (OK nursing) in Gotham city (well is was Tuaranga actually) and "Alfred" is there to open the "Bat-cave" door:lol:
First name - Verroncia. well she was just one sexy bike:whistle:

1990 CBR1000FL: Come on you all know my pressent "ride" is "Roxanne", cause she rocks, dudes:niceone: Named after we completed the Grand Challage together and I was helmet singing the "Police" song "Roxanne" and I just thought, yep that just suits my "Grand Mistress":msn-wink:

Big Dave
29th March 2005, 21:25
And the other one is what? Galactica? :killingme

Nah - 'tis just 'the T'bird'. I'd like one of those cylon (sp?) helmets however.

RDJ
29th March 2005, 22:55

Is that from the David Drake books? Tovera being Adrienne's hitwoman...

saiko
29th March 2005, 23:43
? WTF? I love me bikes, but I ride 'em, I don't sleep with them. No names.

NordieBoy
30th March 2005, 00:20
Well my first Nordie is "Soufi" and the XR is "The XR".

John
30th March 2005, 00:29
I call her, billybobjoemontanapeters.

Or Christine for short, If I just risked my life I give her a pet If I'm still alive and tell her to stop being naughty.

madboy
30th March 2005, 00:31
I'm resisting the temptation to call mine Kermit. While appropriate to the appearance, not too appropriate to the performance... or my ego

John
30th March 2005, 00:37
I'm resisting the temptation to call mine Kermit. While appropriate to the appearance, not too appropriate to the performance... or my ego
You shall call it.

SEX.

Big Dave
30th March 2005, 01:21
? WTF? I love me bikes, but I ride 'em, I don't sleep with them. No names.

You just about have the alphabet in your model name anyway. it'd be a killer at scrabble but you could do with a nickname for that mouthful.

SPman
30th March 2005, 06:35
Recently its been " you fuckin pile of poxy shit!!!"
Does that qualify?

phaedrus
30th March 2005, 15:35
Is that from the David Drake books? Tovera being Adrienne's hitwoman...
sociopathic hitwoman for Adele (if i'm remembering this right)
the book was Lt. Leary Commanding.
if you want to read it it's here (http://www.baen.com/library/ddrake.htm)

Hooks
15th May 2005, 14:18
Mine is just "The Bitch" Or "The Beast" ... Hard to handle and unpredictable in temperament !!

Badcat
15th May 2005, 14:32
my ktm was called "Eva" - she was a formidable austrian mistress.

maybe i'll call tyhe gs1200 pam - after pam greer...?

K

Hitcher
15th May 2005, 15:06
I voted "no" because Mrs H named it for me. She's cute like that. The poll could have been better worded to "Is your bike 'named'".

ALTRON
15th May 2005, 15:35
My Bike is only known as "Moto"

Ixion
15th May 2005, 23:26
The "White Whale", cos it's white and huge and handles like a whale. Except when the bloody gearbox is being especially bad , then it's Der FuckinklunkenklonkenkrunchenMotard

And L'il Rat Bike, cos he's little and ratty and a shit load of fun.

Ixion
15th May 2005, 23:37
sociopathic hitwoman for Adele (if i'm remembering this right)
the book was Lt. Leary Commanding.
if you want to read it it's here (http://www.baen.com/library/ddrake.htm)
Totally loyal and reliable but .

zadok
16th May 2005, 01:47
I guess mine has strictly speaking been renamed. When I had it repainted I had transfers made up saying "Honda RC33" which are on the tank. You can barely make it out in the photo in my profile. The original had "Revere". I got the idea from the Honda racing bikes from a few years ago which were unofficially named RC30 & RC45. Honda owners would be aware that the bike number runs down the steering column, beginning with RC...etc.

Marty :ride:

Ms Piggy
16th May 2005, 07:39
She used to be the 'Bitchin' Mobile' and now she's 'Black Betty'...and soon her transformation will be complete! :2thumbsup

XP@
16th May 2005, 15:10
My f650 dosent really have a name.

but my XT has a few... "patty" if she is behaving, or "cow patty" if she aint.
the cow theme is obvious if you have seen the bike.

Paul in NZ
16th May 2005, 15:33
The Trophy has always been 'Mr Motorcycle' but I have no idea why?

The Guzzi does not have a name yet but it would probably be something you would call a happy sheep dog. At the end of a run it's always lumping away with it's tongue hanging out dribbling and ready to go again....

hondacmx450
16th May 2005, 15:50
i name my bikes used to call them all shit mostly when the cops pull ya :yes:
my gsxr is jess and my trupy is sweetness my dirt bike is poo cause it needs a clean and my xs is called hurry up it old and grumpy
i have two that r called boxed cause that is were thay r in a box :whocares: :killingme :killingme

Eurodave
16th May 2005, 15:52
What the hell was Suzuki thinking when they named their cruiser bikes "Intruders" & "Maurauders" [why not "Molesters" or "Invading Vandals/Visigoths"' or the "Savage" [a TAME 650 single or an elderly 2 stroke puddle jumper] or "Impulse" [an old small 4 cyl screamer] or how about the "Cavalcade" [Behemoth would be closer to the mark]
Whos got some more manufacturers names??

Eurodave
16th May 2005, 16:58
How about Royal Enfields "Bullet"- wouldnt 'Slug' be more in keeping? Or how about that Harley clone, the "Big Dog"... true dat!
Then theres Yamahas "a shrewish woman" [Virago], Hodakas "Combat Wombat" wtf? The list goes on.....Suzukis '80s custom UJMs the "Low Slingers".

Waylander
16th May 2005, 17:01
Then theres Yamahas "a shrewish woman" [Virago], Hodakas "Combat Wombat" wtf? The list goes on.....Suzukis '80s custom UJMs the "Low Slingers".

Hey! Back off my ride before I hog tie you with duct tape and bailin' wire and leave you for the bulls to play with.:devil2:

Ixion
16th May 2005, 17:11
How about Royal Enfields "Bullet"- wouldnt 'Slug' be more in keeping? Or how about that Harley clone, the "Big Dog"... true dat!

Well, the bullet was slower than the Meteor !

Eurodave
16th May 2005, 17:15
What about the Enfield "Super Constellation" sounds like it should be on Star Wars or wasnt that Lockheeds name for one of their 4 engined passenger planes?

Eurodave
16th May 2005, 17:23
Hey! Back off my ride before I hog tie you with duct tape and bailin' wire and leave you for the bulls to play with.:devil2:

Were you refering to the Combat Wombat?!!!!

Waylander
16th May 2005, 17:25
Were you refering to the Combat Wombat?!!!!

I refuse to dignify that with a proper response.:whistle:

Holy Roller
16th May 2005, 17:28
Never really called any of my bikes by name except for the AG100 my "old hunk of junk" had so much fun on that bike on the farm. My new bike seems to have aquired the name "the old girl", its got a motorcycle cover that is put over her when not in use, like tucking her up in bed. Well one just has to keep her looking her best cause she is such a looker despite her age.

Fart
16th May 2005, 17:46
If I give my bike a name my girlfriend will get jealous. :whistle:

DebK
16th May 2005, 17:50
My new toy (which Sawyers have confirmed arrives this week) shall be named TOMMI2, in memory of another fast toy I used to own.

bugjuice
16th May 2005, 17:52
mines' just 'The Juicer' or bugjuicer

Coyote
16th May 2005, 17:55
Never thought of a name, didn't have much need for one

Well, I'll call the CBR, Death Cult Armeggedon :-p

v.ros`
17th May 2005, 09:20
i call mine "The Doctor" :D

well i got a mate who just bought a CBR 250. He named his bike "Katiya" - apparently thats the name of his pilates instructor...funny guy i say !

John
17th May 2005, 09:41
mines' just 'The Juicer' or bugjuicer
bahahahahaa... Hope it cleans up its mess when its finished with you :lol:

FROSTY
29th May 2005, 21:10
Well what can I say --Almost every bike Ive made freinds with (I just cant say owned) has had a name. Dunno why -superstition maybee

Racey Rider
29th May 2005, 21:34
I voted "no" because Mrs H named it for me. :wait: :shifty: ( ... .....!):whistle: :pop:

My little two strokes BLUE THUNDER :love:

Odin
29th May 2005, 21:43
Mine shall be know as "Sleipner".... That is Odin's eight legged horse :devil2:

John
29th May 2005, 21:54
Shes now called green-streak, on account of the new paint job what can I say I'm not to creative with names :(

Patrick
11th October 2005, 18:39
Mines called Scarlet the Harlet... due to its colour. Wifies GSX250 I call Bernie.... short for Bernina (sounds like a sewing machine...) :rofl:

mstriumph
11th October 2005, 18:59
the honda is 'Ran' 'cause someone told me that was the name of a japanese sea deity [and she's green crackle] ... the trumpy is 'Oilin' 'cause she ISN'T japanese [had a japanese buddy called that at the time i named her] but she's got an oilin frame :o ........

yonks ago had a small red suzuki that i called 'Circe' 'cause the sight of me riding her used to turn male motorists into swine .........

ooops - i'm rambling, aren't i?

pyrocam
11th October 2005, 19:16
I havent named mine yet. its not good enough for a name like 'dragon' or 'viper' or anything like that (not that I would touch names like that with a 20 foot barge pole)

perhaps. Ronald?

lets see: 29th March

yep

still Ronald

Patrick
11th October 2005, 19:32
Geez...just realised how old this thread is...who woke it up???

old farts
12th October 2005, 12:48
Only GIRLS have names for there bikes ask my other half :laugh:

Mrs Old Farts
12th October 2005, 12:55
Only GIRLS have names for there bikes ask my other half :laugh:

this is the other half, and yes all bikes and cars should have names mine is the great purple people eater...........and you get back to work. :whistle:

Sniper
12th October 2005, 13:25
Geez...just realised how old this thread is...who woke it up???

You did twit.

Mental Trousers
12th October 2005, 13:33

I know some people that would take you up your offer :Oops:

Friends called my old bike The Red Baron ....... cos it was red ....... with a Red Baron sticker on the left fork leg ....... :thud:

WRT
12th October 2005, 13:58
The guy (yes, he's *supposedly* a guy, altho I do wonder about him sometimes) that gave the TL the nickname of "the bumblebee" has now suggested that I call the Aprilia "April".

How very original.

yungatart
12th October 2005, 14:31
The Mistress - coz itsa da odda woman in my life. Explains my screen name don't it?
It makes for interesting ph conversations- " Hi is John there?"
"No, sorry he's out thrashing/riding the mistress"
"PARDON!!"
Well I know what I mean!

Ixion
12th October 2005, 14:38
The guy (yes, he's *supposedly* a guy, altho I do wonder about him sometimes) that gave the TL the nickname of "the bumblebee" has now suggested that I call the Aprilia "April".

How very original.
<shrug> better than Ronald I guess.

*sic
12th October 2005, 14:49
old threads hurt me... mines called "damn fine biarch!"

SPman
12th October 2005, 17:24
So - new bike - new name!
Bess - named after Dick Turpins horse! Black, fast and feisty - treat her bad she'll toss you off!

Patrick
12th October 2005, 19:40
You did twit.

Oops...so I did... Ity turned up on my latest forum topics.. How the hell did that happen??? Looks like I started it off again good and truly now... :eek5:

sunhuntin
12th October 2005, 23:08
mines called "pup" cos when going up hill in the middle of the night after work, i tended to talk to her; "ease up pup" when she decided to attempt a wheelie without my approval [dropped revs then jerking up swiftly...not my fault] and "keep it up pup" when she was running really well for a change.

when she is acting up its usually "son of a bitch" and a good friend calls her my baby...fuck knows why. i usually tell said friend "dont talk like that to her, she'll come to expect it!"

and other times when im really in the zone, all i can call her is "WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" lmmfao