PDA

View Full Version : sunday riding

bikerboy
19th October 2003, 18:21
Well this morning Aff-man, MikeL, Firefight and myself all managed to rationalize a day of riding at Aff-man's behest!:D

So despite all the good intentions of doing other things, I made my way sleepily to Clevedon to meet the gang. I though I was on time but again realized I was only SemiPunctual. Sorry guys old habits die hard.:o

The day got hotter and sunnier as we progressed to Thames for lunch under Aff-mans leadership. Great roads despite a few road works and washouts slowing me down. Finally a thorough ride with the new pipes and it was a great day.

Lunch was at our new "old haunt" in Thames were Aff-man managed to eat a burger bigger than he. It didn't even slow him down a bit!

Although I almost got lost, twice, and was hit by a golf ball, I think, as we made our way home. I managed to find the motorway back to the city despite the confusion as Aff-man and Firefight left MikeL and I at the lights.:gob:

Time for a cold beer and then a little nap.:niceone:

Andrew
19th October 2003, 19:37
did you guys do the coromandel loop, or just go to thames?

Kwaka-Kid
19th October 2003, 20:16
hey great dudes! and just a question... yesterday on the way back from kumeu to west aucks i saw an All black ZXR twin headlight fly passed in the other direction with 2 other bikes.. dont spose it was u aff-man?

Andrew
19th October 2003, 22:30
If you did, then you should have seen my ZXR not too far behind>:D

Firefight
20th October 2003, 06:47
Yeah another great ride, with great company, thanks guys, Mike looky forward to the dig pics, :cool: Did we get a good pic of our food place, I think others would enjoy their biker freindly hospitailty:niceone: , and dam good food at good prices :niceone:

And as for Aff scoffing a burger = to his own body mass, well done

cheers guys

firefight:rockon:

Firefight
20th October 2003, 06:51
Originally posted by Andrew
did you guys do the coromandel loop, or just go to thames?

No Andrew, bit of a late start( no ones fault), had such a good time at the foody place at Thames(you know the one) just had a sedate ride back same route, Well when I say sedate !:cool:

cheers firefight:rockon:

MikeL
20th October 2003, 07:20
Great ride yesterday. It's starting to become a familiar route. I think I could almost find my way back to Thames now by myself without taking a wrong turning.:p

The pics look good. I will try to post them in the next day or so once I've worked out how to do it. Didn't have time to do anything last night. By the time I got back, cleaned up and lubed the chains on both bikes (had to take the other one for a spin first to warm it up!) I had to start preparing for a family dinner. A few beers followed by seafood paella washed down with a nice Australian red - perfect end to a great day!
:niceone:

Coldkiwi
20th October 2003, 11:30
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
hey great dudes! and just a question... yesterday on the way back from kumeu to west aucks i saw an All black ZXR twin headlight fly passed in the other direction with 2 other bikes.. dont spose it was u aff-man?

aye laddie! Saw your ZXR 400 coming the other way as we went past western springs. As for 'fly past'...

well... I think Aff-man must've been bedding some part of the bike in (new engine, brake pads and tyres?) on that ride. I can't think what but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt! Or was it just no sleep? :)

Must say, I was surprised how much go the old Holden Vacationer wagons have! We ended up getting tailed by one going from Kaukapakapa to Kumeu and I actually had to open the throttle a fair way to loose him. Judging from the look of the driver he was almost certainly a local though (he sure drove like he owned both lanes of the road... ) and he pulled up next to me at the Peaks road turn off for a thumbs up (if we're going to do stupid stuff on public roads at stupid speeds, at least lets be nice about it right?).

What?
20th October 2003, 11:43
Hey, Firefight,

If you know of any top places to eat / sleep / visit, or same to avoid, maybe you could post it in Touring - Places to miss or not miss (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340) . Maybe Spankme could even set up a touring forum to keep this sort of info together and easy to find?? Whaddyareckon?:niceone:

aff-man
20th October 2003, 13:10
The ride was great the food was great the company was great what can i say it was a great trip which left me grinning for hours. Yes KK i saw you going the other way on saturday Andrew was right behing me and CK and BB up ahead. As for the sunday ride well i havn't had that much fun in ages. Got to wind the zxr up for the first time (even if i ride like a granny) and had heap of fun in the twisties (even the one i overcooked you think you've apexed it and instead of it being a 90 degree corner it's a frikken 150) But the weather turned out to be fantastic as it cleared and got sunnier it was awsome. The resturant (from a students perspective) was top quality lot of really good food for little money . Cheers guys for the ride even if mike kept making us into posers:D :D :D .

Firefight
20th October 2003, 13:43
Originally posted by What?
Hey, Firefight,

If you know of any top places to eat / sleep / visit, or same to avoid, maybe you could post it in Touring - Places to miss or not miss (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340) . Maybe Spankme could even set up a touring forum to keep this sort of info together and easy to find?? Whaddyareckon?:niceone:
Hi What,
Yeah bloddy good idea , being computer iletirit, I'll wait till someones starts it, then add the info, I think Mike L will have some valuable imput after his trip to Welly.

cheers firefight

Kwaka-Kid
20th October 2003, 15:29
CK - my ZXR400? i dont own one anymore.. i ride a VFR400 NC24 bog stock/mint paint... and it was just inside of kumeu... and i saw a black ZXR and a black/yellow bike... there were 3 bikes in tight group...

Coldkiwi
20th October 2003, 17:14
can't have been us. All four of us were in a bunch heading out from kumeu way at around 5:45 I guess so you would've seen my bright green 6R and i'm sure your eyes would've locked onto BB's MV as well if  you'd seen a ZXR!

I thought i saw you in your red leathers passing through western springs... so maybe we're both just imagining things!

What?
20th October 2003, 20:06
Originally posted by Firefight
Hi What,
Yeah bloddy good idea , I'll wait till someones starts it,

Ummm, I did start it. That title is a link to the thread (which you will find about 12 (?) pages of links back in Road Bike Stuff. Just put your mouse on it and click... Once you add to it, the link will move back up to the front page.

Cheers

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:23
Played around with the digital pics (not really sure what I was doing). Have posted 4 of them in the Gallery. Don't quite know whether this will work but will try to attach one here as well.
As you've probably worked out I'm not a computer geek...

Hmm... well that didn't work...

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:32
Try again:

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:33
Hey it works!!!
:rockon:

aff-man
20th October 2003, 21:42
Hahahahaha i'm sure firefight will love that one:D :D

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:49
Bad move, Aff-man...

:p

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:53
Hey I'm getting the hang of this. It's not so hard after all (even though I had to resize the pix about a dozen times before they would work...)
Let's try another one...

aff-man
20th October 2003, 21:55
BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

MikeL
20th October 2003, 21:57
More than enough fun for one night...
I'm off to bed.
:done:

Firefight
21st October 2003, 05:20
Hey Aff & BB , correct me if I wrong but wasn't there a picture of Mike taken as well ?, hm he seems to have forgotton to put it up

firefight

aff-man
21st October 2003, 09:10
Yes now that you mention it how ........convienient. there are actually 2 of him i think.:p

MikeL
21st October 2003, 09:53
O.K., fair's fair. I'll put one of me up. but I can't do it now coz I'm at work and the pix are on my home computer, so you'll have to wait until tonight.

Unless, of course, when I get home I discover that they've mysteriously disappeared from my hard drive. Stranger things have been known to happen...
:p

aff-man
21st October 2003, 09:55
Or there was a selective malfunction when transfering the images of you to the hard drive or the hard drive has lost some space or or or..........:p :p

bluninja
21st October 2003, 10:53
Hey BB, looks to have changed his hair colour to match his helmet:D

TTFN

Motoracer
21st October 2003, 11:00
Firefight, you have a brand spankin R6 and your favourate bike is still the CBR 600? :gob:

P.S. Damn that silver MV looks fine!!!

aff-man
21st October 2003, 11:08
If you think it looks fine you should hear it with the after-market pipes :love: :love: :love:

MikeL
21st October 2003, 15:50
Pic as promised:

marty
21st October 2003, 20:03
nice grunter mike, but how about that MV?????

Firefight
22nd October 2003, 06:11
Originally posted by Motoracer
Firefight, you have a brand spankin R6 and your favourate bike is still the CBR 600? :gob:

Not as bad as it sounds MR, do not have the computer skills to update my avtar thingy, Have to admit having had R6 for 3 and half months, and have done 10,400kms in that time, that it is well and truly by favourite bike, but 10 out of 10 for your observational skills

firefight:cool: