PDA

View Full Version : A Photo jorno of the SI.... updated bit at a time

Zapf
29th March 2005, 23:59
As I get around to downloading my photos and posting them up. All part of a 5'500km grand trek to the South Island on my SV

But 1st of all a re-fresher course of the SI road signs that was presented to me in Hasst.

LB
30th March 2005, 04:58
Looking fwd to seeing the piccies Zapf.

Where is the avatar photo taken? Amazing clouds!!

LB
30th March 2005, 04:59
Just had another look-see - is it top of the Crown Range looking towards Queenstown?

Ms Piggy
30th March 2005, 08:31
Hey Zapf! Love the new avatar! Keep us posted so we can droooool with envy! :niceone:

Zapf
30th March 2005, 10:17
Lynda, close.... its the pass thru the gap between the two lakes heading to wanaka / queenstown way

Celtic, hehe.... I'll post a bigger one of it shall I? man I want to be back there now. perhaps even camp out there!

vifferman
30th March 2005, 10:27
Lynda, close.... its the pass thru the gap between the two lakes heading to wanaka / queenstown way.
The air up there must be extremely thin for you to need to wear your spacesuit!:confused:

2_SL0
30th March 2005, 12:17
The air up there must be extremely thin for you to need to wear your spacesuit!:confused:

lmao
Its also a very clean and shiny spacesuit.

Hitcher
30th March 2005, 12:30
perhaps even camp out there!
An honours graduate of the Julian Clearly School of Camp, in a suit like that. Certainly "out there"...

Zapf
30th March 2005, 13:50

Quote girl friend: "Power ranger suit"

here is another test of the Alpine Star Extreamoto monkey suit at the very thin air of coronet peak.

"riding up the the coronet peak ski field is one of the best roads you can take in the south island in the summer. Great surfaces, no tax collectors (private road?), frikk all traffic, nice smooth corners and all to go with it a great view. I would recommend anyone to ride up to the sky that is coronet peak. "

note: however it'll be prudent to do a scouting run if you want to race up that road, as they might be doing maintance and that might not be too fun to run into at 150kph+

Ms Piggy
30th March 2005, 13:55
Celtic, hehe.... I'll post a bigger one of it shall I? man I want to be back there now. perhaps even camp out there!

vifferman
30th March 2005, 14:38
Quote girl friend: "Power ranger suit"

here is another test of the Alpine Star Extreamoto monkey suit at the very thin air of coronet peak.
Ahh - you spelled that wrong, Dude.

It's Concrete Peak. :laugh:
So called, because of the lovely hard, icy ski runs.

sAsLEX
30th March 2005, 14:57
"riding up the the coronet peak ski field is one of the best roads you can take in the south island in the summer. Great surfaces, no tax collectors (private road?), frikk all traffic, nice smooth corners and all to go with it a great view.

I reckon theroad up to the remarkables would be fun on a bike like Motu rides!!! You can look down on planes from that road!

vifferman
30th March 2005, 15:10
I reckon theroad up to the remarkables would be fun on a bike like Motu rides!!! You can look down on planes from that road!
Indeed.
Had the pleasure last winter of looking down on the Remarkables from a helicopter, checking it out the day before we went skiiiiiing* there.

(*Is that enuff iiiis?)

While we were helicoptering around we had a bit of a play on these funny looking bikes: