PDA

View Full Version : LED indicators not working?

ninja_boy
17th July 2009, 17:44
went tobike shop andbrought someled indicators fot the250 sales told me that i woldntneed a resistor or to change the flasher unit he waswrong... brought somerestorsfrom the same shopto suit andthey still wont plash any ideas???

vindy500
17th July 2009, 17:45
have u asked glenn?/ do you have a multimeter? if so whats the voltage across the indicator wires when there on? the old indicators work?

The Pastor
17th July 2009, 17:45
youll need a 10W 100ohm resistor to make them work, connect them in paralell. one each indicator

ninja_boy
17th July 2009, 17:48
cheak i have a 10w 100 ohm resistor for each indicator and have triedconectin in both paralel and series both have seemed to fail

ninja_boy
17th July 2009, 17:50
have u asked glenn?/ do you have a multimeter? if so whats the voltage across the indicator wires when there on? the old indicators work?

yea i have 12 volts across... no havnt cheaked with glenn mite go around ther tomorow and see wot i can do?

vindy500
17th July 2009, 17:54
do they light up and not flash? or just do nothing?

ninja_boy
17th July 2009, 17:57
do they light up and not flash? or just do nothing?

light up but dont flash all fourlight up withno resistors and when i putresistors in itmade just theside i selected light upbut not flash?

Owl
17th July 2009, 19:16
light up but dont flash all fourlight up withno resistors and when i putresistors in itmade just theside i selected light upbut not flash?

Surely your first concern should be your spacebar?:crazy:

Laava
22nd July 2009, 12:01
You need a flasher relay for LED's. Any other option will be a pain in the arse. If you have bought indicators that are already a unit, then you shouldn't need to piss about with extra resistors. The flasher unit you are after is a Tridon HD12 from Super Cheese or Repco etc.
Thank me:clap:

Ecclesnz
22nd July 2009, 14:59
You need a flasher relay for LED's. Any other option will be a pain in the arse. If you have bought indicators that are already a unit, then you shouldn't need to piss about with extra resistors. The flasher unit you are after is a Tridon HD12 from Super Cheese or Repco etc.
Thank me:clap:
I can fully agree with this. On my savage I replaced the indicators and had problems with the LED ones until I also replaced the flasher unit. However the SCA one would not work properly and wound up with one from a bike dealer for $30-$35.

ninja_boy
22nd July 2009, 17:13
thanks every one i have put in a new flasher unit and it work fine yay... can now sell the bike :drool: