PDA

View Full Version : Failed my WOF

sil3nt
17th July 2009, 19:04
Saw it coming really!

Chain too loose and rear brake rotor too thin. Front is getting close to being under as well apparently. $500 - $600 to do the chain and rear rotor. Maybe there was something else i don't remember. He said doing the front rotor is expensive looking at close to $1000. Initially told them to do it (without front rotor) but once i got home i realised i can't really afford it (damn snow trip) so rang them up told them i would come in on Monday to discuss. Gives me the weekend to find parts figure i would do the work myself.

Priced up front and rear rotor, front and rear sprocket and new chain off http://www.bits4bikes.co.nz/parts/kawasaki/1874.aspx. $610 :crybaby: Ah well needs to be done i guess and a lot cheaper than $1000!

NDORFN
17th July 2009, 19:25
Come and grab a chain and my discs and see if you can pass on them. They have a little lip, but there is the mandatory 4mm on them. I don't see why you need to replace the chain... can't you just tighten it?

sil3nt
17th July 2009, 19:41
Best to replace the chain (and sprockets while i am at it) as i have no idea how long it has been on the bike and you can almost pull it off the rear sprocket.

As i have a car to get me around i think the WOF can wait as new parts can only be good for the bike and leave me with some peace of mind.

Thanks for your offer though. You have been rather helpful with my problems! I'm pretty sure im close to owning your old bike now :bleh:

sil3nt
22nd July 2009, 20:48
Got the bike back as i can't afford to fix it just yet.

They say the rear disc is at 3.2mm yet it managed to pass a WOF in January. Teach me for not checking the bike out properly before buying!

They say safety clip is missing on the drive chain. What is this and does it come with a new chain?
Front disc is at 4.5mm which is the limit apparently.

wysper
23rd July 2009, 11:59
Saw it coming really!

Are you cursed at the moment or what? You seem to be having some pretty shit luck! Hope some good luck is coming your way soon.