PDA

View Full Version : New Suzuki 750? And Buell 1125RR

cs363
17th July 2009, 21:32
Interesting news items:

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/07/suzuki-gsr750-rumoured-to-be-in-works.html

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/07/buell-1125rr-unveiled-will-be-raced-in.html

(They'll be wiping Big Dave's drool off that last one.....) :D

Big Dave
18th July 2009, 11:15
Interesting news items:

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/07/buell-1125rr-unveiled-will-be-raced-in.html

(They'll be wiping Big Dave's drool off that last one.....) :D

Yerrs - I've been following the development with 'my contacts'.

I have changed my tune about the Rotax engine. I would like to see it in a dual-sport model. Wasn't sold at first, thought it unnecessary - but I've ridden the Morini Granpasso in the meantime.

cs363
18th July 2009, 13:31
Yerrs - I've been following the development with 'my contacts'.

I have changed my tune about the Rotax engine. I would like to see it in a dual-sport model. Wasn't sold at first, thought it unnecessary - but I've ridden the Morini Granpasso in the meantime.

Mmm yes, that would be a good engine for a fun dual-sport bike!

Especially something along the lines of the Granpasso - only had a very quick squirt on one of those and came away quite impressed, it was only on the road though where it was a heap of fun - not sure how well it goes off the beaten track.

Shame too that Moto Morini dealers seem to be dropping like flies around the country.....

TOTO
22nd July 2009, 13:58
That GSR doesnt look half bad too :niceone:

cherio

Bend-it
22nd July 2009, 15:43
Pahh, can't be any good... no usd forks...

Cajun
22nd July 2009, 15:46
there are many people up in arms in USA, about what has happen to allow the buell 1125rr bike to be raced.

Bend-it
22nd July 2009, 15:54
there are many people up in arms in USA, about what has happen to allow the buell 1125rr bike to be raced.

All I know is... I test rode one (single 'r', not double), and ended up buying a kwaka! :banana:

Cajun
22nd July 2009, 16:02
All I know is... I test rode one (single 'r', not double), and ended up buying a kwaka! :banana:

Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer.

grbaker
7th August 2009, 16:34
That GSR doesnt look half bad too :niceone:

cherio

Sorry that GSR750 is butt ugly.... I have seen scooters with better looks than these nakked look-a-like bikes (Hornets, Kawa Z's and now GSR).

A nakked bike should look like a mussel bike, like the orignal V-Max :rockon: etc, not a sport bike with bits missing...

Metalor
18th August 2009, 00:22
Sorry that GSR750 is butt ugly.... I have seen scooters with better looks than these nakked look-a-like bikes (Hornets, Kawa Z's and now GSR).

A nakked bike should look like a mussel bike, like the orignal V-Max :rockon: etc, not a sport bike with bits missing...

Opinion = Wrong.

ital916
18th August 2009, 09:10
I think that gsr-750 looks badass, you can definitely see the lineage from the gsr600.

Mmmmm naked bikes, thought I do agree, why detune the motor?