PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of 1st bike (Rabid)

Rabid
20th July 2009, 13:13
Hi All,

I joined here a few months ago, bikeless and scrabbling for advice. Well, no more!

I've finally got my bike. Its a Honda VTR 250 and it runs like a dream. Ok, Bear in mind I have no other frame of reference here :) But I still love the way it handles.

Anyway, does anyone around the Wellington area go for regular rides? Drop me a line if you do. Any excuse to get out on the roads :)

oldrider
20th July 2009, 13:17
Hi All,

I joined here a few months ago, bikeless and scrabbling for advice. Well, no more!

I've finally got my bike. Its a Honda VTR 250 and it runs like a dream. Ok, Bear in mind I have no other frame of reference here :) But I still love the way it handles.

Anyway, does anyone around the Wellington area go for regular rides? Drop me a line if you do. Any excuse to get out on the roads :)

Congrats and enjoy your bike! :niceone:

sil3nt
20th July 2009, 14:38
Hi All,

Anyway, does anyone around the Wellington area go for regular rides? Drop me a line if you do. Any excuse to get out on the roads :)If you want regular rides check out the game of tagorama if you havent already.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=99052

ready4whatever
20th July 2009, 15:06
congratulations you are now apart of the family

CookMySock
20th July 2009, 17:58
Congrats! The VTR is a great bike - nice and torquey and easy to ride.

Steve

JamRoll
25th July 2009, 21:22
Welcome dude! VTR's are great bikes to start on, I had an '01 for my first bike. They handle well, have a sweet little v-twin and people always thought it was a bigger bike because of the resemblance to a Ducati Monster. Have fun and stay safe :)

normajeane
25th July 2009, 21:54
Welcome and altho i never ridden one of those thingys you are always welcome when you come down this way if you want to put your head down on your travels. We do a nice soup and we have a bed or two spare.
And OLD people need not reply!! Even tho i am being corrected over my shoulder with my spelling left right and centre!! You will never know!

Ms Piggy
26th July 2009, 19:09
Hi All,

Congrats! Once the weather is a bit warmer and drier there'll be lots of regular ride outs. Just check out the 'Meetings and Events' section http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

davebullet
27th July 2009, 08:24
Great choice. We love our little VTR250 - 300kms+ to 10.5L before hitting reserve, so your wallet will thank you as well.

Have fun, keep your eyes up and ride safe.

pritch
27th July 2009, 10:17
Nice bike. Belatedly the thought occurs that I haven't ridden one of those - must speak to my friendly dealer :-)

one fast tl1ooo
27th July 2009, 10:52
nice bike and happy riding:Punk:

Swoop
29th July 2009, 13:45
A good choice of bike! You can now updaye your profile page...

Welcome to KB.
:ride:

chef
4th August 2009, 16:03
hey should go for a ride sometime i just got my hyosung gt250 a couple of months ago looking for someone to ride with flcik me a pm?