PDA

View Full Version : Kaitoke Karters need our help

nudemetalz
21st July 2009, 11:46
Dunno if this is in the right forum but I'll give it a go.

Got a call last night from Grant from Wellington Kart club.
They're running their Upper Hutt Kart races 1-2 August.
They need 2 helpers on Saturday and 4 helpers on Sunday for flagging etc.

He said in return when we run our bucket-only days they could supply some karters to do flagging for us, which sounds like a good deal.

I know some of us are going out on the working-bee next weekend so dunno if we can help but what you reckon?

Trudes
21st July 2009, 12:10
Possibly Nudeys... will point Nigel to this and see if he wants to too. I had thought that maybe some of us could offer to flag for them when it was mentioned on Sunday, but couldn't remember if we had something on on those days. We'd probably be available for the Sunday rather than Saturday as I was thinking of taking Rangi to get his suspension looked at at Motomart that day ;)

nudemetalz
21st July 2009, 12:58
Cool. That's what I was thinking too. Like to go to the Motomart do also.

Kendog
21st July 2009, 20:08
Can't do the Saturday, maybe can do the Sunday.

nudemetalz
22nd July 2009, 13:47
Well I'm probably going to go out there on Sunday to help (my pregnant wife probably will be :Pokey: with me though...)

Come on, other Welly bucketers !!
We've got a great track here that we've been fortunate to be able to race at.
The same people that are helping at the working bee are the ones that have put their hand up here to help at their GP also.

I'd like to ring back Grant to say that we can help.

Trudes
22nd July 2009, 14:08
OK, tell him that Nige and I'll be there for Sunday.

nudemetalz
22nd July 2009, 14:46
That's very kind, guys.

I was hoping that others might have put their hands up too.... :angry2::brick:

Nasty
22nd July 2009, 15:22
I was starting to think that there were only three bucketeers that use the kaitoke track ... hmmmm ... wasn't the deal that you all help each other ... the karters help the motorbikers and vice versa?

Skunk
22nd July 2009, 15:51
Yep, but all I can say is maybe, as I'm already booked for that weekend. Sorry about that.
I still intend to try and get there but I'm not going to say I'm going and then not show or pull out at the last minute. I already don't have time to do what I want - like fix my trailer, my Bucket, do more work on the ZX4RD, go for a afternoon ride, paint the house, finish putting the cladding on, etc (none of which will be happening any time soon). I happen to volunteer my time in several places and this one is the last one to ask for some of it. Very sorry my clock only has the same number of hours as everyone else's. Sometimes on fine days I'd like to think I could just go for a ride, but no - someone always wants something.

< /rant >

nudemetalz
22nd July 2009, 16:08
You do a lot for people already, Skunk and your help is always appreciated :)

I was starting to think that there were only three bucketeers that use the kaitoke track ... hmmmm ... wasn't the deal that you all help each other ... the karters help the motorbikers and vice versa?

Pretty much. They said they're happy to help us out at Bucket-Only days, so....

Str8 Jacket
22nd July 2009, 16:15

Well me and koba dont really use Kaitoke and we prob would help out but we are busy that weekend.
A bit more notice and we may have been available. Sorry.

ajturbo
22nd July 2009, 16:19
JUST seen this thread

i am SUPPOSE to be in NP that weekend......

otherwise i will be there!! both days... if it's fine i'll take the turbo..lol

Quasi
22nd July 2009, 16:32
JUST seen this thread

i am SUPPOSE to be in NP that weekend......

otherwise i will be there!! both days... if it's fine i'll take the turbo..lol

you not doing Bears on the Sunday. That turbo going to need to show us how well it fixed isnt it?

ajturbo
22nd July 2009, 17:17
NP= NEW PLYMOUTH.... they got bears racing up there now????

Trudes
22nd July 2009, 18:38
Yep, but all I can say is maybe, as I'm already booked for that weekend. Sorry about that.
I still intend to try and get there but I'm not going to say I'm going and then not show or pull out at the last minute. I already don't have time to do what I want - like fix my trailer, my Bucket, do more work on the ZX4RD, go for a afternoon ride, paint the house, finish putting the cladding on, etc (none of which will be happening any time soon). I happen to volunteer my time in several places and this one is the last one to ask for some of it. Very sorry my clock only has the same number of hours as everyone else's. Sometimes on fine days I'd like to think I could just go for a ride, but no - someone always wants something.

< /rant >

You do a lot for people already, Skunk and your help is always appreciated :)

Exactly!
(Especially as I will need to come and borrow you some weekend soon also):dodge:

ajturbo
22nd July 2009, 18:57
Exactly!
(Especially as I will need to come and borrow you some weekend soon also):dodge:
Skunk Control, is VERY understanding eh!

nudemetalz
27th July 2009, 10:19
I'd like to thank Tex (Saxet) and AJ for coming up to Kaitoke yesterday and help with the track work.
We basically spent the time rebagging the crush bags for the trackside.
Good to get that done.
The kart guys liked seeing some of us bucket racers out there helping too. :)

Skunk
27th July 2009, 10:34
Sorry I didn't make it. Still unloading, checking, repairing and reloading from Saturday. Still haven't finished...

nudemetalz
27th July 2009, 11:25
not a prob :)
Like I said, you do more than enough for the bucket scene.

Trudes
27th July 2009, 11:33
Yeah sorry we had to pull out at the last minute Nudeys, I haven't been well and really didn't feel up to it, but we'll try and make it next time. Will be there for flagging on Sunday though.

nudemetalz
27th July 2009, 11:39
That's absolutely fine, Trudes :)
Good that you've offered for next weekend.

ajturbo
27th July 2009, 19:41
That's absolutely fine, Trudes :)
Good that you've offered for next weekend.
i WILL be in the naki ...

TEX was doing his electrical thing.....

poor bugger... the venting fan was going the wrong way..!!!(he found it that way)... who TF wired that???... no NOT me!

fi5hy
27th July 2009, 22:23
I spent an hour up their in the arvo just to show my face had a good ride over the hill after that too

nudemetalz
28th July 2009, 09:37
Good stuff, Fishy :niceone:

Kendog
1st August 2009, 11:02
What's the story with this?

Who's going, what time?

nudemetalz
3rd August 2009, 10:36
Well, we showed up yesterday and did our bit for the karters.
Is all good for bucket PR (despite Gary, the Kart President spilling his coffee all over Trudes :lol:).