PDA

View Full Version : Pre'89 class at Suzuki Tri-series.

Peter Smith
22nd July 2009, 09:49
Hi All,
The Suzuki Tri-series is on;
Rd1 Sat 19th Dec 09 - Manfield
Rd2 Sat 26th Dec 09 - Wanganui
Rd3 Mon 28th Dec 09 - Taupo

I have spoken to Leighton Minnell, who informs me the pre'89 class will carry points over all the rounds. There is no pre'82 class, so they will race against the pre'89s in the same race.

At Rd1 and Rd2 pre'89s have their own race, but at Rd3 at Taupo the pre'89s are put in with the BEARs and Clubmans on the shorter Track 2.

Entry forms are on www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz and www.roadracespectacular.4t.com

Peter Smith
22nd July 2009, 14:36
I am rechecking with Leighton about how the points will work as the Taupo round has seperate classes for pre'82 and pre'89.
Pre'89s are in with clubmans and BEARS at Taupo.

Peter Smith
23rd July 2009, 15:56
Here is the reply from Leighton.
It looks like the post classic classes will all race together at Taupo as in the other 2 rounds.
They are doing their best to include us into this event.
Thanks,
Leighton

Hi Peter,

Yes we are running a pre 89 senior and junior class 4 the tri series, I spoke to Chris and he has to change his entry form. But for his event for the day he has a pre72 pre 82 class winner over, normally he gets full class of 82s and 72 so hence he thought he might put 89s in with clubmans and bears. I have talked to him and if you get all your entries in he hopes to run everyone together like us. Either way we will no your points hope this helps cheers Leighton

Skunk
23rd July 2009, 16:02
Should be good. :niceone:

puddy
23rd July 2009, 20:22
Hi Peter, do you know where the entry forms are for Round 1?

Peter Smith
24th July 2009, 14:45
Hi Peter, do you know where the entry forms are for Round 1?

Use the cemetry circuit link in the first thread and click on entry forms.
These guys are organising both rd1 and rd2.

Don't forget the GP at Taupo in Oct it will be fab.

neil_cb125t
6th August 2009, 18:30
Hey there,

i have email the organiser of the road race spectacular with a problem.

i will be entering all rounds in F3 and posties - at round1 and 2 that fine but at the road race spec they ARE NOT ALLOWING cross entering so i have to not compete in one class in the championship which is SHIT house!!

does this chane anything ( what your saying ?? )

sinfull
6th August 2009, 18:57
Hey there,

i will be entering all rounds in F3 and posties - at round1 and 2 that fine but at the road race spec they ARE NOT ALLOWING cross entering so i have to not compete in one class in the championship which is SHIT house!!

does this chane anything ( what your saying ?? ) Can you get hold of another bike Neil ! From what i understand you can cross enter two bikes ! So it might not be your HP bike but i'm sure you will still get in the points !!

Peter Smith
7th August 2009, 08:22
Hey there,

does this chane anything ( what your saying ?? )

Hi Chappy,
There are going to be a few problems with the postie classes as the whole class format gets split up at Taupo.
It seems unusal to me that a series would do this.
A series should have the same race classes and rules etc at all of the rounds.
I know of a few pre'82s that are only going to do the Taupo round because Taupo has a pre'82 class, where at the other rounds they don't.
I'm not sure how its all going to workout, but I am sure the racing will be really good.

quickbuck
8th August 2009, 23:11
Can you get hold of another bike Neil ! From what i understand you can cross enter two bikes ! So it might not be your HP bike but i'm sure you will still get in the points !!

Darn,
The only bike that Neil may be able to get his hands on is his brothers..... and as AJ is actually beating Neil in the Postie championship at the moment... Well... Can't see that happening!

Um... I think I have a plan.
Will talk about it off line Neil.

Chrislost
10th August 2009, 22:43
Hi All,
The Suzuki Tri-series is on;
Rd1 Sat 19th Dec 09 - Manfield
Rd2 Sat 26th Dec 09 - Wanganui
Rd3 Mon 28th Dec 09 - Taupo

I have spoken to Leighton Minnell, who informs me the pre'89 class will carry points over all the rounds. There is no pre'82 class, so they will race against the pre'89s in the same race.

At Rd1 and Rd2 pre'89s have their own race, but at Rd3 at Taupo the pre'89s are put in with the BEARs and Clubmans on the shorter Track 2.

Entry forms are on www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz and www.roadracespectacular.4t.com
S i c k ! !

sugilite
19th August 2009, 15:13
I'm hoping to make my once a year appearance at the Taupo Spectacular :yes:

Peter Smith
19th August 2009, 15:53
I'm hoping to make my once a year appearance at the Taupo Spectacular :yes:

Do the Post Classic GP on Oct the 31st at Taupo as well.
That Kawaka sure looks good.:Punk:
Did you race it at the Post Classic GP at Taupo last year?
There was one and man was he quick!!

sugilite
19th August 2009, 18:01
Do the Post Classic GP on Oct the 31st at Taupo as well.
That Kawaka sure looks good.:Punk:
Did you race it at the Post Classic GP at Taupo last year?
There was one and man was he quick!!

I was thinking bout doing maybe one round of Actrix as well, I did do the whole 06 Actrix series on the bike.

It is actually not a good example of that model, pistons are over 100k old n that. I'm s l o w l y doing it up.

I did not do the GP last year, I did do the moto spectacular, I rode the bike to and from the meeting as well :lol:

Peter Smith
19th August 2009, 20:08
I was thinking bout doing maybe one round of Actrix as well, I did do the whole 06 Actrix series on the bike.

It is actually not a good example of that model, pistons are over 100k old n that. I'm s l o w l y doing it up.

I did not do the GP last year, I did do the moto spectacular, I rode the bike to and from the meeting as well :lol:

The Vic Club round 5 in sept is part of the NZPCRA series.
So I might see you there then??
My Gixer has over 90,000km on the clock and is still up to a good trashing.

sugilite
19th August 2009, 20:37
The Vic Club round 5 in sept is part of the NZPCRA series.
So I might see you there then??
My Gixer has over 90,000km on the clock and is still up to a good trashing.

I prob won't be able to make that round and I try to avoid doing full championships as I spend way to much money, esp if I'm doing well lol. I got to feed my 4 kids after all hehehe.

Yep, bought my bike of a guy in his 60's, before that, it was the local Dannevirke boy racer bike and I cannot begin to tell you the peculiar ways they found to butcher it!

I feel so sorry for it on the track. On the road, i don't often go over 8k revs, on the track it never drops below 8k :lol:

It's just standard with a pipe...enough to do pretty well in the 06 series though. However, there are a few hotrods shown up since then!

I used to race a 89 gsxr1100k myself, back in 89 haha. I still reckon a 7/11 would be the best weapon in the pre89 class...though an 11 with a 750 swingarm is not to shabby either. :yes:

RDjase
11th October 2009, 21:22
Here is the reply from Leighton.
It looks like the post classic classes will all race together at Taupo as in the other 2 rounds.
They are doing their best to include us into this event.
Thanks,
Leighton

Hi Peter,

Yes we are running a pre 89 senior and junior class 4 the tri series, I spoke to Chris and he has to change his entry form. But for his event for the day he has a pre72 pre 82 class winner over, normally he gets full class of 82s and 72 so hence he thought he might put 89s in with clubmans and bears. I have talked to him and if you get all your entries in he hopes to run everyone together like us. Either way we will no your points hope this helps cheers Leighton

Hi Chappy,
There are going to be a few problems with the postie classes as the whole class format gets split up at Taupo.
It seems unusal to me that a series would do this.
A series should have the same race classes and rules etc at all of the rounds.
I know of a few pre'82s that are only going to do the Taupo round because Taupo has a pre'82 class, where at the other rounds they don't.
I'm not sure how its all going to workout, but I am sure the racing will be really good.

One of the best thing's about the TRRS is pre 72 and 82 NOT racing with the pre89 bikes.
Is there any confimation about how the classes will be run?
I got my LC running today and will be getting my entrys for the posty GP , BRM summer series , Wanganui and TRRS tomorro. I hope to get my TZR or RGV ready as well but not sure yet (bloody money tree is dead )

Peter Smith
12th October 2009, 07:11
One of the best thing's about the TRRS is pre 72 and 82 NOT racing with the pre89 bikes.
Is there any confimation about how the classes will be run?
I got my LC running today and will be getting my entrys for the posty GP , BRM summer series , Wanganui and TRRS tomorro. I hope to get my TZR or RGV ready as well but not sure yet (bloody money tree is dead )

The only info I have on the TRRS is whats on the entry form.
Pre 82 in one class, Pre 89's are in with clubmans and BEARs.
Both postie groups will be racing on track 2.
I'll try and catch up with ya at the GP.:rockon:

sinfull
12th October 2009, 07:49
The only info I have on the TRRS is whats on the entry form.
Pre 82 in one class, Pre 89's are in with clubmans and BEARs.
Both postie groups will be racing on track 2.
I'll try and catch up with ya at the GP.:rockon:

Must go have a read of the entry form, the way you say that makes it sound like there's something happening on track 3 as well ! Perhaps track 2 is all we have for the spectacular ! Guess i will find out !
Mmmmmm Bears in with clubbies and posties ! Sounds like fun racing, wont be much point doing split starts with that lot ! Oh wait will there be timing at trrs ? That could make it ugly !

Peter Smith
12th October 2009, 08:45
Must go have a read of the entry form, the way you say that makes it sound like there's something happening on track 3 as well ! Perhaps track 2 is all we have for the spectacular ! Guess i will find out !
Mmmmmm Bears in with clubbies and posties ! Sounds like fun racing, wont be much point doing split starts with that lot ! Oh wait will there be timing at trrs ? That could make it ugly !

From memory the entry form states F1, F2 and F3 use the full track, all other classes use Track 2.
I wont be racing but might go for a look.

sinfull
12th October 2009, 16:00
From memory the entry form states F1, F2 and F3 use the full track, all other classes use Track 2.
I wont be racing but might go for a look.
Could Understand why !
I will be in F2 but might give bears a miss !

Peter Smith
13th October 2009, 19:24
Could Understand why !
I will be in F2 but might give bears a miss !

If you want to enter 2 class at the TRRS you will need to have 2 bikes.
At the first 2 rounds you can cross enter 1 bike into two class, but not at Taupo.

sinfull
13th October 2009, 19:52
If you want to enter 2 class at the TRRS you will need to have 2 bikes.
At the first 2 rounds you can cross enter 1 bike into two class, but not at Taupo.Yeah saw that, Original plan was to throw the clipons and fairing back on my speed triple just for the day, so i can cross enter (675 for F2)
Last night, when i seen what ya said bout bears, posties and clubbies being mixed up, i was thinking nah flag that, could be bloody carnage out there cause of the lack of qualifying and i mean how is it sorted ? A race to the front grid like in a couple of bears races i've been in ?
But today i'm more of the mind that it would be some fun racing, mixing it up with the big postie bikes lol !
Don't really matter to me where i start or finish, Shiny chrome trophies mean jack, it's the chasing cunts round the track and vice versa that gets me hard, so yeah i'll more n likely be bringing the two bikes haha